Poll

Should JTF endorse Rick Santorum?

Yes
18 (69.2%)
No
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Should JTF endorse Rick Santorum?  (Read 8250 times)

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
Re: Should JTF endorse Rick Santorum?
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2012, 08:54:20 AM »
There is one position, however, that social conservatives ask Santorum about regularly on the campaign trail, an issue that also comes up regularly on conservative talk radio: His support for former Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter in the 2004 GOP Senate primary. Specter, a moderate switched to the Democratic Party in 2009, is a supporter of gay rights - he voted to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" - and, more crucially, evolved into a staunch supporter of abortion rights

romney's liberal stances and romneycare are far worse than support arlen specter. santorum only supported specter because bush told him to do it.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »
romney's liberal stances and romneycare are far worse than support arlen specter. santorum only supported specter because bush told him to do it.
Do you even know where Romney was Governor?, Think about it, he was in the most liberal state in the country, what do you expect him to do when all he has is liberals to work with.
Sorry but if you support someone who is for abortion, gay rights, etc. then you are for those things too.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »
At this point I just don't see how Santorum is electable. He's made too many dumb statements and the country has moved too far to the left.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »
Yes Santorum is the true conservative and he is making promises about a lot of things and if he was electable I would vote for him in a minute but he is not electable.
The truth is that it's either going to be Romney against Obama or obama gets re-elected.
Santorum can not beat obama, every poll says so even the ultra conservative Fox News says obama would beat him.
Last week Romney was leading obama by 6 points.
This is not an election to say "well it's not so bad if the current president gets re-elected", this time it means America and Israel getting totally destroyed.

You are so convinced romney can beat obama, but I am quite sure of the opposite.  Milquetoast Romney doesn't stand a chance against a populist like hussein.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »
You are so convinced romney can beat obama, but I am quite sure of the opposite.  Milquetoast Romney doesn't stand a chance against a populist like hussein.
I could be wrong but we seem to have an under dog syndrome going on... First Bachmann then Cain and now Santorum.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline realist26

• Full JTFer
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2012, 08:38:40 PM »
I voted no on the basis that we must support a candidate that is better than Obama and will defeat him.  If Obama wins, it is basically the end of both the US and Israel.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2012, 09:03:55 PM »
You are so convinced romney can beat obama, but I am quite sure of the opposite.  Milquetoast Romney doesn't stand a chance against a populist like hussein.

Hussein isnt a populist.. he is an elitist... and he has the backing of the media and the establishment as a whole.  He has had far more campaign money than his opponents throughout his short career.... he was able to outspend Mccain 2 to 1.

As much as I prefer Santorum based upon his views, Santorum cannot win.  I wish that werent the case, but it is.  Romney on the other hand... has the money and the GOP support, and.... the look.  For whatever reason, or a combination of reasons... Undecideds like him.

There was a recent poll where conservatives overwelmingly said they just wanted a candidate who could beat obama.  That one issue was FAR more important than anything else.   At this point, conservatives will vote for Kim Kardashian just as long as she could beat Obama.  Romney will NOT cause the conservatives to stay home and not vote..... NOT if that vote is against Obama.... the most unconservative president in history.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »
Hussein isnt a populist.. he is an elitist... and he has the backing of the media and the establishment as a whole.  He has had far more campaign money than his opponents throughout his short career.... he was able to outspend Mccain 2 to 1.

As much as I prefer Santorum based upon his views, Santorum cannot win.  I wish that werent the case, but it is.  Romney on the other hand... has the money and the GOP support, and.... the look.  For whatever reason, or a combination of reasons... Undecideds like him.

There was a recent poll where conservatives overwelmingly said they just wanted a candidate who could beat obama.  That one issue was FAR more important than anything else.   At this point, conservatives will vote for Kim Kardashian just as long as she could beat Obama.  Romney will NOT cause the conservatives to stay home and not vote..... NOT if that vote is against Obama.... the most unconservative president in history.
Give the man a cigar he gets it... :clap: People will vote for Romney for a few reasons... He is a money man, he is moderate and above all he is not the "shvartza President"

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2012, 09:47:33 PM »
If we want to judge Santorum then judge him not just by what he says, but at his Senate record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Santorum#Foreign_policy

]In 2005, Santorum sponsored the Iran Freedom and Support Act, which appropriated $10 million aimed at regime change in Iran. The Act passed with overwhelming support. However, Santorum nevertheless voted against the Lautenberg amendment, which would have closed the loophole that allows companies like Halliburton to do business with Iran through their foreign affiliate
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2012, 03:57:46 AM »
בס''ד

I think at the very least, I should do videos praising Santorum's good positions on Iran, correcting some of what he says on Israel, and so on - without endorsing him and without condemning Mitt Romney for now.

If we see his candidacy begin to take off, we can support him in the near future. But for now, we will limit what we say to commentaries without an endorsement.

Sound reasonable?

Yes.  Very.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2012, 04:02:21 AM »

While Newt has an uphill battle,    I still believe he has a chance to win the nomination.     The reason being,    Newt is the best debator of all of the candidates.     There hasn't been a debate since the middle of December.    That contributed greatly to Newt's substantial drop in Iowa and in the National polls.         With two debates this weekend and more to follow in the coming weeks,    Newt can still win the Republican Nomination for President.   

I agree. We can't count him out.  For me, because of what he said about "palestinians" I've decided that's a slam dunk, I would vote for him if there was a primary in my state today, no question.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2012, 04:07:18 AM »
  Romney on the other hand... has the money and the GOP support, and.... the look.  For whatever reason, or a combination of reasons... Undecideds like him.

The look?  To me, he looks exactly like what he is:  BORING and Unappealing.

Some people seem to have a mancrush on the guy but that really doesn't count for anything.  He is a pathetic candidate imo.

People assume he can beat obama but others cannot.   Why?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2012, 04:10:21 AM »
I could be wrong but we seem to have an under dog syndrome going on... First Bachmann then Cain and now Santorum.

I never even said I supported santorum.  I like Newt.

I didn't watch your video and don't know what "under dog syndrome" means, but if milquetoast romney is the favorite, then yes I will always pick the underdog against him because he is a liberal and will lose to obama.  Simple as that.   (And I still like bachmann!)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2012, 07:50:42 AM »
You guys claim(some) that romney is more elctable than santorum, but whats the evidence for this???

The fact is romney lost to Mccaine, who lost do Obama.

In fact despite ALL the money romney has, he would have lost to Santorum in a one on one in Iowa. That is fact.

What about the evangelical vote, a vote that (unfortunately) won bush the election. They stayed at home with John Mccaine, they certainly will with romney.

I can guarentee you that if santorum is within a sniff of romney when the bible belt votes comes around(assumoing rick perry gone), its lights out for Romney.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2012, 07:56:36 AM »
By the time the CA primary is held the nominee will already be decided and I will support whoever he is (unless he is Aryan Paul, G-d forbid). I don't like Romney but he might be the only option at this point. Everyone here is forgetting just how insanely far to the left America has moved. For crying out loud--Russell Pearce was just recalled in his home district of Mesa, AZ--one of the most conservative metropolitan districts in the United States. Ohio governor John Kasich's bill to end the special state privileges that Ohio's union mafias get was defeated by like 67% of the voters. The vast majority of Americans favor some sort of amnesty for illegal aliens and a solid majority (something like 56%) now support sodomite "marriage". A Reaganite conservative will get murdered today no matter how much money and charisma he has. We can ignore that, or face reality.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2012, 07:59:06 AM »
You guys claim(some) that romney is more elctable than santorum, but whats the evidence for this???

In fact despite ALL the money romney has, he would have lost to Santorum in a one on one in Iowa. That is fact.

What about the evangelical vote, a vote that (unfortunately) won bush the election. They stayed at home with John Mccaine, they certainly will with romney.

I can guarentee you that if santorum is within a sniff of romney when the bible belt votes comes around(assumoing rick perry gone), its lights out for Romney.
Here is your "proof", here is just one of many polls that say Romney beats obama:
Election 2012: Romney 45%, Obama 39%

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mitt Romney has now jumped to his biggest lead ever over President Obama in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. It’s also the biggest lead a named Republican candidate has held over the incumbent in Rasmussen Reports surveying to date.The latest national telephone survey finds that 45% of Likely U.S. Voters favor the former Massachusetts governor, while 39% prefer the president. Ten percent (10%) like some other candidate in the race, and six percent (6%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2012, 08:03:07 AM »
I agree. We can't count him out.  For me, because of what he said about "palestinians" I've decided that's a slam dunk, I would vote for him if there was a primary in my state today, no question.
Everything can not be about just what he said about "palestinians" there are other issue, I don't know where you're from but we in America can not have just one issue make us vote for someone.
Unemployment, Inflation, Military strength, etc is more of a concern for most Americans.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »

If reminds me of the song from the 60's, Abraham, Martin and John.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »

The bible belt will not want a thing to do with Santotum... He is a dreaded Roman Catholic and the last thing the bible thumper folks want is someone with a connection to the "evil pope" running their country... Despite what people think even the bible belt influence only goes so far... Sadly the bulk of the votes in the national elections comes from the big cities and for the most part tend to be of the more liberal leanings.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
The bible belt will not want a thing to do with Santotum... He is a dreaded Roman Catholic and the last thing the bible thumper folks want is someone with a connection to the "evil pope" running their country... Despite what people think even the bible belt influence only goes so far... Sadly the bulk of the votes in the national elections comes from the big cities and for the most part tend to be of the more liberal leanings.
Not sure that I agree with that. Most of Santorum's recent surge comes from evangelicals (Protestants) that are enamored of Santorum's positions on abortion and fag "marriage".

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2012, 01:35:06 PM »
Here is your "proof", here is just one of many polls that say Romney beats obama:
Election 2012: Romney 45%, Obama 39%

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mitt Romney has now jumped to his biggest lead ever over President Obama in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. It’s also the biggest lead a named Republican candidate has held over the incumbent in Rasmussen Reports surveying to date.The latest national telephone survey finds that 45% of Likely U.S. Voters favor the former Massachusetts governor, while 39% prefer the president. Ten percent (10%) like some other candidate in the race, and six percent (6%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

How can these polls really matter?   Didn't the polls have santorum at like 5% until the last week before the vote in iowa?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »
Everything can not be about just what he said about "palestinians" there are other issue, I don't know where you're from but we in America can not have just one issue make us vote for someone.
Unemployment, Inflation, Military strength, etc is more of a concern for most Americans.

I'm a Jew living in America and for someone with the guts to say the truth about the middle east on the national stage like he did and then defend those comments in the face of criticism, yes there is no other issue because he is obviously superior to obama on everything else as well.

And I certainly won't vote for someone in a primary like Romney who reacted to these comments by saying fakestinians really do exist and no one can suggest otherwise!  That's a severe lack of judgment and inability to tell americans the truth.

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
How can these polls really matter?   Didn't the polls have santorum at like 5% until the last week before the vote in iowa?
No the polls actually showed that Romney was going to lose Iowa, he didn't think he was going to win, Santorum was always the one to beat in Iowa.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2012, 02:00:01 PM »
No the polls actually showed that Romney was going to lose Iowa, he didn't think he was going to win, Santorum was always the one to beat in Iowa.

What???  Santorum only showed momentum in the very last week.   Before that, he was never above single digits.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2012, 02:27:47 PM »
What???  Santorum only showed momentum in the very last week.   Before that, he was never above single digits.

lol, yes exactly.   Let's engage facts, not fantasy.