Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 4857 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: January 06, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:11:56 AM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Thousands of US troops land in Israel. Aircraft carrier coming soon
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »
On the one hand, this might look promising on paper..

On the other hand this worries me spiritually as a Jew.  Is the US fighting with Israel for Israel's interest?  Or is it a cooperation for both of their own interests?  Is this allowed according to the Torah since Israel should never rely on other nations to have an alliance?  Does that mean Israel's own wars or does it mean a common threat and they work together?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »
On the one hand, this might look promising on paper..

On the other hand this worries me spiritually as a Jew.  Is the US fighting with Israel for Israel's interest?  Or is it a cooperation for both of their own interests?  Is this allowed according to the Torah since Israel should never rely on other nations to have an alliance?  Does that mean Israel's own wars or does it mean a common threat and they work together?

This may become an American occupation...

Tamar Yonah, of Israel National Radio, is calling this the beginning of Gog V Magog. She has had a man on her show who believes that this may be the beginning of American control over the Holy Land similar to what happened when the Second Temple was destroyed. At that time Rome was invited to help in a quarrel between the Hasmonean kings... We all know that Rome ended up invading Israel, destroying the Temple, and renaming the land Palestine.

I have very mixed feelings about this..

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Blog.aspx/3#

Tevet 10, 5772, 1/5/2012
Is Israel Soon to be Occupied by Foreign (Gog?) Troops
by Tamar Yonah

* UPDATE:  Arutz 7 also reports on military troops coming into Israel. See the news report here.  I also want to make the following more clear:  The blog below doesn't necessarily mean that  we will be occupied.  It is based below on the article by Dr. Tabak whose sources and link is below.  However, if there will be an 'occupation', it does not mean that it will be by the US.  It could be NATO (as we just saw in Libya) or other international forces that could follow on the heels of the US Military, into Israel for whatever purposes - defense against Iran, whatever.  It's just that once that door is opened and foreign troops enter....  it's not so easy to close it afterwards.  In any case, with the PA wanting to declare itself a state, and the world pressing us to stop settlements, and people saying that the mid-east conflict has spread to their door, I think that Dr. Tabak's scenario is very interesting, and knowing from history about when we invited Rome in.... it merits watching.

-----

Read this breaking news piece before the explanation which will be below.

The Centre for Research on Globalization just put out an interesting piece which was sent to me by one of my listeners.  Here is their link and report:
BREAKING NEWS: The Pentagon to Send US Troops to Israel. Iran is the Unspoken Target

Blacked-out news story in America...

January 2, 2012. Jerusalem. In one of the most blacked-out stories in America right now, the US military is preparing to send thousands of US troops, along with US Naval anti-missile ships and accompanying support personnel, to Israel.

It took forever to find a second source for confirmation of this story and both relatively mainstream media outlets are in Israel. With one source saying the military deployment and corresponding exercises are to occur in January, the source providing most of the details suggests it will occur later this spring. Calling it not just an “exercise”, but a “deployment”, the Jerusalem Post (see report here) quotes US Lt.-Gen Frank Gorenc, Commander of the US Third Air Force based in Germany. The US Commander visited Israel two weeks ago to confirm details for “the deployment of several thousand American soldiers to Israel.” In an effort to respond to recent Iranian threats and counter-threats, Israel announced the largest ever missile defense exercise in its history. Now, it’s reported that the US military, including the US Navy, will be stationed throughout Israel, also taking part.

While American troops will be stationed in Israel for an unspecified amount of time, Israeli military personnel will be added to EUCOM in Germany. EUCOM stands for United States European Command.  ...

Iran recently made global headlines when it threatened to blockade the Straits of Hormuz if Europe and the US went ahead with their boycott of Iranian oil and the country’s central bank.One-quarter of the world’s oil passes through that waterway every day. President Obama has announced that a closure of the Straits was unacceptable and vowed to take whatever measures are necessary to keep the vital shipping lane open.

…  Israeli officials suggested the flamboyant Iranian military drills this weekend were a sign that international sanctions on the country were taking a heavy toll and that any additional boycotts, on its banks or oil industry, would be crippling.  [END]

This report above is quite interesting on a couple of levels.  On one hand, militarily speaking, one of the tactics governments use to take control of another population is to re-deploy the local arm of law enforcement and/or troops to another area on the map (in this case, they speak about Israeli troops going to serve in Europe at EUCOM) and then replacing those troops with your own military/law enforcement.  The reason for this, is that foreign troops on local soil are loyal to their own commanders, and not to the local population whom they did not grow up with and do not know and were never their 'good neighbors' and friends.  I do not know if or how many Israeli troops/personnel could be transferred to serve under EUCOM in the EU, but sending any of our personnel to serve under a foreign force and on German soil is very disturbing to many here.

And what about on the ground in Israel?
Has the Foreign Invasion of Israel Begun?  Those who have read and kept up with articles written by Dr. Yacov Tabak - the man who predicted (through examining Jewish texts) that our brothers and sisters would indeed be expelled from Gush Katif - and those who have listened to my show when I have interviewed him about this, may be fascinated to know that he talked about another possible future scenario:  the foreign occupation of Israel.  Hear the interview HERE.

Those who know history, know that Rome, the super-power of those days, was 'invited' to bring their soldiers into Israel to help with a power dispute taking place in the Kingdom.  Soon after, Rome used that opportunity and put Israel under its own occupation.

"The last two Hasmonean rulers (from the line of the Maccabees) were two brothers: Hyrcanus and Aristobolus. Quarreling with each other as to who should be king, they hit on the idea of asking Rome to mediate in their dispute. And thus, in 63 BCE, Pompeii was invited to move his armies into Israel. "  

Tabak wrote an article less than a year ago, that Israel could see itself invaded by foreign troops ( a benign or 'soft'  occupation is hoped for if this happens)  for a period of approximately 9 months.  In his article he wrote back in April of 2011, he states:  http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/10144#.TwVL4DWonUQ

In 2012, the interval between Jan. 15 and Oct. 07, Hoshanna Rabbah – the seventh day of Sukkot, is exactly 266 days – 38 weeks, i.e. the nine months of a human pregnancy. According to BT Yoma 10a, "Ben-David (the Messiah) will only arrive after the evil kingdom of Rome dominates the entire world for a period of nine months as it says in Micah 5:2 "therefore give them the time it takes for her to give birth." The events at the closing stages of the Redemption process will last the nine months of human gestation.

Since it is understood that the finale of G-d's victory over the nations at the close of the Gog and Magog War takes place on the seventh day of Sukkot – Hoshanna Rabbah, it is logical to seek the year when this interval is 266 days. 2012 is such a year.  To read his article, click here.

Let us keep our eyes open and watch to see what really develops, this is getting interesting.  
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »
I don't trust the US one bit but you have to consider the source with Debka.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »
I don't trust the US one bit but you have to consider the source with Debka.

Oh no... It is a fact that America is sending troops to Israel to engage in a 'War Game' operation.... I have read this in several sources..

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/151468#.Twdb3URSQYp

U.S. and Israel Preparing for 'Biggest Defense Drill Ever'

IDF and U.S. forces will team up soon for a major missile defense exercise, "the biggest one ever" according to military sources.
Elad Benari
The Israeli military is gearing up together with U.S. forces for a major missile defense exercise, the IDF announced Thursday.

The Associated Press reported that the “Austere Challenge 12” drill is designed to improve defense systems and cooperation between the U.S. and Israeli forces.

While the drill follows a ten-day Iranian naval exercise near the Strait of Hormuz, the IDF told AP the drill with the U.S. was planned long ago and is not tied to recent events.

Israeli and U.S. officials told AP the exercise would be the largest-ever joint drill by the two countries.

A few weeks ago, the Commander of the Third Air Force of the U.S Military, Lt. Gen. Frank Gorenc, arrived in Israel to prepare for the joint training exercise.

A spokesman for the IDF did not give a date for the drill Thursday, but a senior military official told AP it would be in the next few weeks, adding it would be the biggest missile defense drill ever held.

The Israeli official said thousands of American and Israeli soldiers from different units would take part. He said the drill would test multiple Israeli and U.S. air defense systems against incoming missiles and rockets.

The Islamic Republic followed its threat to close the Strait of Hormuz with another earlier this week, when Iranian army chief Ayatollah Salehi warned USS carrier John C Stennis not to return to the Persian Gulf after having left the area through the Straits of Hormuz in a "pre-planned, routine operation."

The U.S. responded to the Iranian threat with a calm statement read by Pentagon spokesman George Little and which warned Iran, "The deployment of U.S. military assets in the Persian Gulf region will continue as it has for decades."

On Wednesday, the IDF staged a surprise drill at its base at the port of Haifa as Iran completed its drill.

Haifa base commander Brigadier General Eli Sharvit, ordered the surprise drill to check the readiness of Israel Navy vessels to depart from port and head out to sea to conduct operation, the IDF said. A majority of the Israel Navy's operational strength is based in Haifa, which was bombed several times by Hizbullah terrorists in the Second Lebanon War in the summer of 2006.

Meanwhile, Martin Van Creveld, a military historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, estimated on Thursday that the joint Israel-U.S. drill was intended not only to practice military maneuvers but also to pressure Iran.

“Defending against an attack is not something that you improvise from today to tomorrow,” Van Creveld told AP. “It’s something you have to prepare, you have to rehearse, you have to prepare for. This, among other things, is an exercise to show Iran, the people in Tehran, that Israel and the United States are ready to counterattack.”U.S. and Israel Preparing for 'Biggest Defense Drill Ever'

IDF and U.S. forces will team up soon for a major missile defense exercise, "the biggest one ever" according to military sources.
Elad Benari
The Israeli military is gearing up together with U.S. forces for a major missile defense exercise, the IDF announced Thursday.

The Associated Press reported that the “Austere Challenge 12” drill is designed to improve defense systems and cooperation between the U.S. and Israeli forces.

While the drill follows a ten-day Iranian naval exercise near the Strait of Hormuz, the IDF told AP the drill with the U.S. was planned long ago and is not tied to recent events.

Israeli and U.S. officials told AP the exercise would be the largest-ever joint drill by the two countries.

A few weeks ago, the Commander of the Third Air Force of the U.S Military, Lt. Gen. Frank Gorenc, arrived in Israel to prepare for the joint training exercise.

A spokesman for the IDF did not give a date for the drill Thursday, but a senior military official told AP it would be in the next few weeks, adding it would be the biggest missile defense drill ever held.

The Israeli official said thousands of American and Israeli soldiers from different units would take part. He said the drill would test multiple Israeli and U.S. air defense systems against incoming missiles and rockets.

The Islamic Republic followed its threat to close the Strait of Hormuz with another earlier this week, when Iranian army chief Ayatollah Salehi warned USS carrier John C Stennis not to return to the Persian Gulf after having left the area through the Straits of Hormuz in a "pre-planned, routine operation."

The U.S. responded to the Iranian threat with a calm statement read by Pentagon spokesman George Little and which warned Iran, "The deployment of U.S. military assets in the Persian Gulf region will continue as it has for decades."

On Wednesday, the IDF staged a surprise drill at its base at the port of Haifa as Iran completed its drill.

Haifa base commander Brigadier General Eli Sharvit, ordered the surprise drill to check the readiness of Israel Navy vessels to depart from port and head out to sea to conduct operation, the IDF said. A majority of the Israel Navy's operational strength is based in Haifa, which was bombed several times by Hizbullah terrorists in the Second Lebanon War in the summer of 2006.

Meanwhile, Martin Van Creveld, a military historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, estimated on Thursday that the joint Israel-U.S. drill was intended not only to practice military maneuvers but also to pressure Iran.

“Defending against an attack is not something that you improvise from today to tomorrow,” Van Creveld told AP. “It’s something you have to prepare, you have to rehearse, you have to prepare for. This, among other things, is an exercise to show Iran, the people in Tehran, that Israel and the United States are ready to counterattack.”

This article does not discuss a long term presence of these troops. I hope that they are just going for this war game exercise..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
My feelings too, muman
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
I see this as friends helping friends destroy a common enemy and I think this is great news.  Believe me, the United States will not be taking over the holy land.  This I am 100% sure of. 

In my humble opinion, the best thing for Israel is not to attack Iran on her own.  We cannot deny America's military might.  In a situation like this, the U.S. is a good friend to have.  The attack on Syria's site was a different case, and was easily handled by Israel alone.  Iran is different.  And their nuclear sites are not as easy either.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »
The downfall of the Maccabees happened after they invited foreigners to come in and fight for them (Romans) who eventually kicked out the Jews.  The redemption was predicted to happen at the time of the Maccabees but didn't due to this error.  Regardless of what Israel and the U.S. are currently up to, Israel should do the right thing and bomb Iran with or without foreign assistance and certainly not depend on the U.S. or ask us to fight for Israel.
The United States wants to defang Iran, not only Israel.  After Israel's last war with Hezbollah in 2006, that ended in a draw, I don't think the United States feels Israel is fully capable of taking on Iran,  Syria and Hezbollah by herself.   I'm not sure Israel can handle all of them at the same time either.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 12:38:42 AM »
Such times and situations are really serious. Anyhow whatever it is, the outcome has to be positive.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.