Author Topic: Global warming has stopped, because of increased pollution from Asia  (Read 870 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2011-07/asian-air-pollution-could-be-behind-halt-rising-global-temperatures

Coal-derived emissions pouring from smokestacks across Asia are--perhaps counterintuitively--responsible for a pause in global warming in the decade following 1998, but that’s no real reason to celebrate. The halt in rising temperatures is a result of the large amounts of sulfur in those emissions, which can have a cooling effect on the planet. But the huge spike in greenhouse gas emissions is still very real, and over time its delayed impacts will be realized when emerging countries rein in pollution.
At least, that’s the latest on the global warming front via a paper released Monday by researchers at several universities, including Boston and Harvard Universities in the States and Finland’s University of Turku. The halt in rising global temps from 1998 to 2008 is something of a mirage, the researchers say, and the effects of all that carbon that went into the air alongside the sulfur will become apparent in the long term.
RELATED ARTICLES
   Climate Villain Bjørn Lomborg Does U-Turn, Says Global Warming is a $100 Billion Problem
   Pronouncement of Global Warming’s Demise On Thin Ice
   WWF: We Have Until 2014 To Stop Global Warming
TAGS
Science, Clay Dillow, carbon emissions, energy, environment, global warming, greenhouse gas emissions, sulfurThe paper, if taken as truth, ties up a loose end for those who believe global warming is a man-made phenomenon. From 1998 to 2008, global temperatures were flat even as the developing world spewed tons upon tons of carbon emissions into the atmosphere, increasing global carbon dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels by at third. Some called this evidence that global temperatures and carbon emissions aren’t as directly linked as some might like to think.
But most of those carbon emissions came from coal fueling the explosive growth of Asian economies, and with coal emissions comes sulfur. Sulfur is a key ingredient in the formation of aerosols, which form hazy cloud layers that reflect heat from the sun back into space. These aerosols, the paper argues, are responsible for the halt in rising temperatures.
But the halt in rising temperatures isn’t likely to last, the researchers say. When emerging economies begin to take a harder line against pollution, those sulfur emissions will decline as well. And while sulfur can persist in the atmosphere for several years, eventually those aerosols will disperse and global temperatures will begin climbing again, this time with countless more tons of carbon already in the atmosphere.
[Reuters]

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Global warming has stopped, because of increased pollution from Asia
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
I read recently that we are still moving towards another ice age... Maybe, just maybe the 'global warming' will offset the effects of the new ice age...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57357050/did-global-warming-delay-a-new-ice-age/

(CBS News)

Shall we call it the upside of global warming?

If researchers are correct, then elevated levels of carbon dioxide linked to human emissions has helped put off the next Ice Age. Their article, published in the journal Nature Geoscience, argues that the next Ice Age was slated to begin approximately 1,500 years from now. "At current levels of CO2, even if emissions stopped now we'd probably have a long interglacial duration determined by whatever long-term processes could kick in and bring [atmospheric] CO2 down," according to Luke Skinner from Cambridge University.

Earth's last Ice Age ended about 11,500 years ago.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:07:17 PM »
They're finding billions of planets now, just in our own galaxy.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/sci/2012-01/12/c_131356582.htm

I wonder how many of those we can ruin?

Another thought:  If there is life on other planets, I'll guarantee you that if a problem arises, they'll blame the Jews. 

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
Another thought:  If there is life on other planets, I'll guarantee you that if a problem arises, they'll blame the Jews. 

:::D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
'Global Warming' is a farce.... This has been shown several times... I do believe in 'Climate Change' because I have witnessed the climate changing and I know that historic records reveal that there were times when the average temperatures were cooler and other times when temperatures were hotter. All in all I believe that the environment can adapt to sustain life.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »
All I know is yesterday Iowa broke the record high of 53 degrees. Then Al Gore showed up, and now there is 5 inches of snow, and its 10 degrees. :::D So it must be man made global cooling. Wait I mean warming! Warming, cooling, what ever just give me your money!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 01:12:28 AM »
All I know is yesterday Iowa broke the record high of 53 degrees. Then Al Gore showed up, and now there is 5 inches of snow, and its 10 degrees. :::D So it must be man made global cooling. Wait I mean warming! Warming, cooling, what ever just give me your money!

There is actually a term for that.   Its called the 'Gore' effect.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 07:30:28 AM »
All in all I think a warmer planet is better than a cold one. It would be terrible if they got rid of so many greenhouse gases in the atmosphere that it triggered a full-on ice age.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 01:02:56 PM »
Global warming and Ice age both are vying with each other, so we are getting alternately more heat and more cold. Lol...
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
Global warming and Ice age both are vying with each other, so we are getting alternately more heat and more cold. Lol...

But their not figuring in my new weather changing doomsday device I just created in my garage.  Thats the real reason global warming has stopped.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »
But their not figuring in my new weather changing doomsday device I just created in my garage.  Thats the real reason global warming has stopped.

But the doomsday device itself can be an indicator or harbinger of the impending doom. Lol...
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »

Anti-JTFers are always trying to say we're some kind of terrorists. lol

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »
Anti-JTFers are always trying to say we're some kind of terrorists. lol

Thankfully, I am protected from them in my secret evil layer located in a hollowed out volcano.   MyoohAAHAAAHAAAAHAA!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
Thankfully, I am protected from them in my secret evil layer located in a hollowed out volcano.   MyoohAAHAAAHAAAAHAA!!

Cool!  ;D

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »
Oh cool!
Does that mean I can drive my solid lead (pb) hum vee again?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774