Poll

Should Ask JTF be locked yet?

Yes.
3 (60%)
No.
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: New Ask JTF Record: 55 Questions!  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
New Ask JTF Record: 55 Questions!
« on: June 17, 2007, 10:39:25 AM »
We have 50 something questions for Chaim this week...he has his work cut out for him this week!

I know he LOVES doing these long shows, but wants them shorter...any possiblity of putting a cap of the maximum number of ask jtf questions for the future...for Chaim's sake?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 05:39:26 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

ftf

Re: New Ask JTF Record: 55 Questions!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 10:47:55 AM »
Please don't lock it yet, I want to edit my question.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:01:56 AM »
I know it kind of stinks, but for chaim's sake, we shoudl consider putting a cap each week..and start the next thread for the next week...those who don't get a chance to ask a question for the current week..well, when you snooze, you lose..

anyway, ask Chaim what he thinks also...if this is a good idea. This shouldn't be my decision or your decision.

But Thank Gd, we have so many people here who are on this forum and are on the Chaim fan-club...When sees how many of us love him, it motivates him even more and helps him to first make it into Israel..hopefully soon..even though he'll be missed here...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 02:56:05 PM »
AWW great, i just came on to post my weeks question in the hope of it not being locked.....

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »
Hey, he can't have it both ways. He wants as many visitors and members as possible, yet complains if the show goes on for too long. If we're going to have a mass movement, this is going to be one of the consequences. I personally think Chaim should split the show into two parts.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 03:56:03 PM »
Hey, he can't have it both ways. He wants as many visitors and members as possible, yet complains if the show goes on for too long. If we're going to have a mass movement, this is going to be one of the consequences. I personally think Chaim should split the show into two parts.

Just get your question in early and you'll have no problem.

Its a long show.  Chaim is a busy man. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 03:57:32 PM »

Yes, he is. I think the key is to ask questions just like you, short, sweet, and right to the point. If we all did that, Chaim could handle close to 100 posts per week.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 04:01:14 PM »

Yes, he is. I think the key is to ask questions just like you, short, sweet, and right to the point. If we all did that, Chaim could handle close to 100 posts per week.

You DO have a point.

I posted this some time ago:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=1455.0

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »
I just locked it. I usually lock it around this time anyway. But it reached 54! ;D

Is that a record?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 05:19:02 PM »

That's exactly what I think too.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »
Hello friends, and good day to all.

This is great news in terms of our popularity and membership, but we have to be reasonable.   I think it's far too much for Chaim to continue these shows at the rate it's going, and every time we create a new rule to shorten the programs, in one way or the other, they end up becoming 3 hour shows again.

We need to seriously consider making a limit on the total amount of questions per week.  Perhaps 30, or a few more.

Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
I didn't see that kahaneloyalist had 2 questions. I moved his second to this week's thread so in the end it was only 55. :'(

55 is still excessive in my opinion. I never listen to it all.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »
I browse the questions on the thread first, try and remember their order and then skim to the questions, that i'd like to hear the response to and whenever there is time....sometimes listen to the rest.

I used to listen to it on an mp3 player, before i went to sleep........the next minute it was the morning and Chaim had been repeatedly playing for the past 10 hours....it is far too long but then again, everyone wants to post a question.