Author Topic: Pro Jewish Music of all kinds.  (Read 86976 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Pro Jewish Music of all kinds.
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 01:09:51 AM »
Back to some fusion hip-hop... Shtar is pretty hot...

From the morning 'Modeh Ani/I give thanks' prayer:

Infinity:

Tikun HaOlam:

Negilah:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:22:35 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 01:38:49 AM »
On a more traditional 'note' I cannot forget to mention Mordechi Ben David who has a phenomenal career singing for many decades...

Here is MBD singing in Uman...

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 01:46:00 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 03:00:16 PM »
Jewish symphonic Metal

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 10:08:42 PM »
I dont know about that last one Noachide... What is Jewish about that song? Sounds like average industrial noise/death metal to me... I like music with Jewish content, not just music by Jews... I could hardly even figure out what they were singing, and that bass voice gets annoying after a while..

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 01:22:59 AM »
Thanks Noachide! Sounds really cool,but I can't understand the meaning! Thank you.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
I dont know about that last one Noachide... What is Jewish about that song? Sounds like average industrial noise/death metal to me... I like music with Jewish content, not just music by Jews... I could hardly even figure out what they were singing, and that bass voice gets annoying after a while..

Israeli Black Metal!!! Muhahaha  Am Israel Chai

Thanks Noachide! Sounds really cool,but I can't understand the meaning! Thank you.

Thx, this particular genre bases on winter, forests, and cold nature surrounding with grim sound.   

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »
A little Shmorg... Shtar...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
Here is a musical interpretation of the 'Mi Sheberach' prayer which we say to request healing for the sick...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »
How can I forget Adi Ran? From the movie Ushpizin:

http://www.hebrewsongs.com/?song=atakadosh

YOU ARE HOLY

There are many paths we travel,
To seek a drop of truth.
I didn't hesitate to nibble
At the delicacies of sin.
We couldn't discover
a single taste to ignore.
This culture wasn't for us,
It was a fire in our hearts.

And I am the child,
The least of everything,
I stand here trembling and amazed.
And I am the child,
The last in the nation,
I stand here flustered and thrilled.

Because you are holy
And your name is holy
Holy every day,
You will be praised, selah!

The temporary material is wasted,
The instinct of the snake is to lie,
When I close my eyes,
Finally the truth becomes clear.

It difficult to comprehend common sense,
And imagination is disappointing as well,
But there is a Leader to do the job,
And He loves us.

And I am the child...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:17:04 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »
Yosef Karduner singing Tehillim/Psalm 121...

1. A song for ascents. I shall raise my eyes to the mountains, from where will my help come?
2. My help is from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3. He will not allow your foot to falter; Your Guardian will not slumber.
4. Behold the Guardian of Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5. The Lord is your Guardian; the Lord is your shadow; [He is] by your right hand.
6. By day, the sun will not smite you, nor will the moon at night.
7. The Lord will guard you from all evil; He will guard your soul.
8. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from now and to eternity

Yosef Karduner singing with Rabbi Lazer Brody Psalm 23:

1. A song of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He causes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters.
3. He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
4. Even when I walk in the valley of darkness, I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they comfort me.
5. You set a table before me in the presence of my adversaries; You anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows.
6. May only goodness and kindness pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for length of days

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 06:05:06 PM »
Hashem, Please listen to our Cries.... Avraham Fried at the Chabad Telethon:

Transliteration:
Modeh Ani L’fanecha
Melech Chai V’kayam
Shehechezarta Bi Nishmati B'chemla
Raba Emunatecha

Modeh Ani
"I Greatfully Thank You, living and eternal King, for You have returned my soul within me with compassion - abundant is your faithfulness!”

This short prayer of Thanksgiving - "Thank You Hashem! " - is recited immediately upon awakening in the morning.

http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/media_cdo/aid/692777/jewish/2-Modeh-Ani-Song.htm
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:13:36 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 01:21:34 AM »
I never tire of Jewish music... Here is Lenny Solomons band called 'Shlock Rock'... He's got some funny and Jewish songs...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shlock_Rockhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shlock_Rock
Shlock Rock is an independent Jewish rock band, put together in December 1985, and officially founded in 1986, and led by, singer Lenny Solomon,[1] which parodies popular secular songs, substituting new, religious-themed lyrics for the music. To date they have released 32 albums. Shlock Rock continues to record albums and perform live as of 2010, and to date has sold more than 200,000 CD’s, tapes and DVDs in the contemporary Jewish Rock arena. Their music is a mix of pop-rock song parodies and original rock songs in English and Hebrew. The purpose of the band is to spread Jewish pride, identity and awareness throughout the Jewish community, for Jewish continuity. Solomon and Shlock Rock tour around the world, playing at concerts, schools, and Jewish events.

From the Friday Evening Shabbat zeimrot:

Purim is coming up next month:

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:35:23 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 02:01:44 AM »
Here are some renditions of the Shema prayer:

Shema Yisrael Hashem Elokaynu, Hashem Echad!

Hear! Oh Israel, Hashem is G-d, Hashem the One and Only!

Mordechia Ben David:

Hu Elokaynu, Hu Avinu, Hu Malkaynu, Hu Moshiaynu...

You are our G-d, You are our Father, You are our King, You are our Savior!

Cantor Moshe Muller:

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:12:39 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 02:21:56 AM »

« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:28:47 AM by muman613 »

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 10:07:15 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2012, 01:06:19 AM »
I see you like the Heavy Metal... I like some Metal {Have seen many great American Metal bands including Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest among others}...

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 09:12:27 PM »
Cool

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2012, 09:46:23 PM »
Cool
I like Amaseffer As well, And it has a good message. ;D
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 12:04:16 AM »
Epic

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 01:29:50 AM »
It must be me.... Once again I find it hard to understand that deep bass voice... It reminds me, in style, of Iron Maiden and other heavy metal. The music is very good heavy metal and it is executed very impressively. Though I find it hard to identify it as Jewish metal because I could not understand what they were saying.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 01:33:58 AM »
I believe a member of this band was once a JTF member...

The member went by the name HEBREWHONOR...

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:39:18 AM by muman613 »

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 11:10:39 AM »
They are likely secular Jews. After all, a Jew is still a Jew.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 01:52:52 AM »
YOOD

“My soul thirsts for You, my flesh longs for You; (as one) in a desolate and dry land without water, so (I thirst) to see You in the Sanctuary, to behold Your might and glory.” (Psalm 63)

Here's Rabbi Schneerson of Chabad singing Tzama Lecha Nafshi

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 02:14:11 AM »
Cant forget Matisyahus rendition of Tzama Lecha Nafshi:

I also like this hip-hop Matisyahu with the Crystal Method: