Author Topic: Is War With Iran Imminent?  (Read 966 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Is War With Iran Imminent?
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:26:43 PM »
We have been hearing for the last two or three years that Iran is quickly approaching the ability to build nuclear weapons. It is clear that this is not acceptable considering Iran has been threatening Israel, and its neighbors, with annihilation. So there is always talks about when 'red lines' are crossed and what would happen should Israel attack Iran.

Well it appears this conflict is imminent.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/152387

U.S. Worries Israel is about to Strike Iran – Washington Post

Post's Ignatius: Netanyahu doesn’t want to leave the fate of Israel dependent on American action.
Gil Ronen

U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta believes there is "a strong likelihood" that Israel will strike Iran in April, May or June, according to the Washington Post's David Ignatius.

Israel believes that after this time, Iran will have entered a “zone of immunity” that will enable it to build a nuclear bomb at its leisure, Ignatius wrote. Defense Minister Ehud Barak used the same words Thursday in his speech at the Herzliya Conference.

"Very soon,the Israelis fear, the Iranians will have stored enough enriched uranium in deep underground facilities to make a weapon — and only the United States could then stop them militarily," explained Ignatius. The U.S., however, does not intend to hit Iran until it has intelligence that Iran is actually building a bomb, and "Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu doesn’t want to leave the fate of Israel dependent on American action..."

When Barak asked last month to postpone a planned U.S.-Israel military exercise, he may have been signaling that an Israeli attack is imminent, the senior journalist wrote. Barak "apologized that Israel couldn’t devote the resources to the annual exercise this spring."

President Obama and Panetta cautioned Israel against an attack, because they believe it would derail "increasingly successful international economic sanctions" against Iran.

The White House hasn’t yet decided precisely how to react to an Israeli attack on Iran. The U.S. appears to favor staying out of the conflict unless Iran hits American assets, which would trigger a strong U.S. response. But administration officials "caution that Tehran shouldn’t misunderstand: The United States has a 60-year commitment to Israeli security, and if Israel’s population centers were hit, the United States could feel obligated to come to Israel’s defense."

Ignatius quotes an Israeli official who reportedly told the U.S.: “You stay to the side, and let us do it.” The pundit mentions a “short-war” scenario that assumes five days or so of limited Israeli strikes, followed by a U.N.-brokered cease-fire. This, too, jibes with comments made yesterday by Israeli Chief of Staff Lt. Col. Benny Gantz.

U.S. officials don’t think that Netanyahu has made a final decision to attack, says Ignatius, but "senior Americans doubt that the Israelis are bluffing."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Is War With Iran Imminent?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »
I'm afraid that if Israel attacks Iran, a re-elected Obama would be on Iran's side of the conflict.

I don't know what Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich would do.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:02:35 PM »
if you listen to the press, Iran as been a month away from a nuke since 2005.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »

Iran has been working on attaining Nuclear weapons since about that time. It would have been best to shut down Iran before it had acquired the centrifuges used to extract the isotopes of Uranium used for weapons. I have no doubt that Iran is working diligently on this project and the time is quickly coming when action will be necessary.

It sounds like you don't believe it, and I find that astonishing.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »
 Oh they're planning it! They are also planning on coming in to the U.S. through the Mexican drug cartel. That's just my thoughts!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 12:28:38 AM »
Iran has been working on attaining Nuclear weapons since about that time. It would have been best to shut down Iran before it had acquired the centrifuges used to extract the isotopes of Uranium used for weapons. I have no doubt that Iran is working diligently on this project and the time is quickly coming when action will be necessary.

It sounds like you don't believe it, and I find that astonishing.

No, I do believe they are trying to get a bomb. Having said that, i don't think war is imminent. We have been told it was imminent for years now.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 09:57:42 AM »
Oh they're planning it! They are also planning on coming in to the U.S. through the Mexican drug cartel. That's just my thoughts!

why would they help iran hurt their top source of revenue?

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:13:30 AM »
why would they help iran hurt their top source of revenue?
  They will use each other. For a common goal of destroying America. The mexican militant groups believe America belongs to them and they want it back.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 12:20:30 PM »
  They will use each other. For a common goal of destroying America. The mexican militant groups believe America belongs to them and they want it back.

Mexican drug cartels don't want the US to be destroyed. They want to make money more than anything. Killing their best customer won't help them.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »
Mexican drug cartels don't want the US to be destroyed. They want to make money more than anything. Killing their best customer won't help them.
http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/5151
 http://undhimmi.com/2011/07/15/internal-us-police-document-hezbollah-in-mexico-working-with-drug-cartels/

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »
So far the economic sanctions have not worked anything against Iran. So after a limit there should be the next step.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 02:39:02 AM »

Indeed.  And simultaneously, they have been 2 years away from a nuke from 2006 until 2012.

Obviously, the reality is their program has advanced in a major way since just a few years ago.

There will not be an Israeli attack (so, no, it is not imminent) because if they had the guts to do it, it would have been done already.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 03:52:36 AM »
Menachem Begin would have ended this so long ago it's not funny.  Iran would have been as close to getting a nuclear bomb now as Papua, New Guinea.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 07:13:20 AM »
The Iranians show their goals more and more openly. There is no doubt, that they want war.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/ayatollah-kill-all-jews-annihilate-israel/

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »
I just read that link now if you really consider it the mahdi the muslim messiah fits perfectly as the anti messiah
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »
I just read that link now if you really consider it the mahdi the muslim messiah fits perfectly as the anti messiah

The mahdi is not the messiah according to islamic scriptures. It's someone who is supposedly going to guide followers and tell all the non-Muslims to convert to islam and to prepare their arrival messiah Issa (Jesus) in Syria when the anti-christ shows up to battle against Issa and then the mahdi will team up against the anti-christ.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
  I agree with mord. The shiite messiah is mahdi. Just a thought... What if the shiite jesus is central and south america. Or maybe a leader from there.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:46:13 PM by Ephraim911 »