Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden 'plotted to kill Obama' before death  (Read 577 times)

Offline Former Reformed Jew

• Junior JTFer
Osama Bin Laden 'plotted to kill Obama' before death
« on: March 17, 2012, 02:23:56 PM »
 BBC NEWS- ASIA
17 March 2012 Last updated at 07:54 ET
Osama Bin Laden 'plotted to kill Obama' before death
 Osama Bin Laden asked deputies to prepare an attack on Obama's presidential aircraft
Osama bin Laden was plotting to kill US President Barack Obama, US media reports say.
The plans are said to be in papers found in the compound in Abbottabad where the al-Qaeda leader was killed by US special forces last year.
Bin Laden asked deputies to plan an attack against an aircraft carrying Mr Obama and General David Petraeus.
He said the killing would throw the US into crisis, as Vice President Biden was "totally unprepared" to take over.
The documents were seen by the Washington Post. There is growing anticipation in the US over government plans to publish all the papers seized at the compound when it was raided in May 2011.
Laptops, notepads and computer hard drives were also taken.
Bin Laden asked one of his deputies, Ilyas Kashmiri, to start preparing the attack.
Drone danger
"Please ask brother Ilyas to send me the steps he has taken into that work," he wrote in a 48-page note.
The US media says intelligence officials believe it is unlikely that al-Qaeda had the capacity to launch such an attack in the US, and have not seen evidence of any preparations.
Kashmiri was killed in a US air attack a month after the death of Bin Laden.
In his 48-page note Bin Laden called on al-Qaeda operatives to move away from the Pakistani tribal areas because of the constant attacks by US remotely-controlled planes.
He also debated changing al-Qaeda's name, because US officials "have largely stopped using the phrase 'the war on terror' in the context of not wanting to provoke Muslims", he said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17413055
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-wanted-kill-president-obama/story?id=13595181#.T2akxhFulyw
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:16:44 PM by Former Reformed Jew »

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Osama Bin Laden 'plotted to kill Obama' before death
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »
Nice name. FRJ
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
That would have been a serious own goal!

Don't take this the wrong way but we maybe we should have let old bin liner hang on for a little longer.
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
If anybody posts in favor of assassination I'll move the thread and recommend the posts be deleted both to protect the poster and to protect the forum. We don't need anybody posting in favor of this. It would be illegal to do so. When it comes to a sitting president we have to be really cautious. We don't want any of our members going to prison or being harassed by the secret service, and we definitely don't want our forum shut down for inciting violence.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
If anybody posts in favor of assassination I'll move the thread and recommend the posts be deleted both to protect the poster and to protect the forum. We don't need anybody posting in favor of this. It would be illegal to do so. When it comes to a sitting president we have to be really cautious. We don't want any of our members going to prison or being harassed by the secret service, and we definitely don't want our forum shut down for inciting violence.
Of course Homo, Jr. wants us to say something illegal. That's what trolls do.

Offline Former Reformed Jew

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »
I merely posted a BBC NEWS article of 3/17/12 which is a legitimate world news iitem.  Somebody made a sarcastic remark which I took umbrage at, rightly so.   I have deleted my inappropriate response but I still think the person who said it was misguided.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 01:23:20 AM »
I don't want people to be at risk legally. Most of our members don't like Obama but that doesn't mean we can say whatever might be in our heads about him.