Author Topic: The game show 1-100  (Read 2318 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
The game show 1-100
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:27:44 PM »
In an episode about a couple months ago, Rabbi Schmuley Boteach was one of the participants in the mob (the group that starts out with 100 participants).  The main contestant lost so the people who were left remaining in the mob, won and the money that had already been accumulated by the contestant was given all to the mob and divided among the 10 or so them.

Boteach came away with $10,000.  He recently donated the money to some kind of Jewish Family Services charity; I think he did it because he discusses families on his TV show.  His father added $2,000 to it. 

Boteach likes the idea of Jews and Christians being allies.  Why do you think he would dislike JTF?   If he were to support JTF, I think he would be able to help raise funding.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: The game show 1-100
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
it would be pretty cool to have a celebrity like him speaking highly of jtf...

one problem i forsee...he is a rabbi to the gentile movie stars like Madonna...what does everyone here think of that?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:34:50 PM »
it would be pretty cool to have a celebrity like him speaking highly of jtf...

one problem i forsee...he is a rabbi to the gentile movie stars like Madonna...what does everyone here think of that?

Boteach probably has stated  some inconsistent stuff over the years.  He criticized Britney Spears during her recent fiascos and considers her to be irresponsible--partying frequently while neglecting her children.

He's also starting up a show in Israel.  Maybe it could improve the morality of the liberals in Israel.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:37:47 PM »
Schmuley endorses supporting conservative Christians:  http://www.shmuley.com/articles.php?id=345

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 12:24:02 AM »
even if boteach weren't a jtfer...he's a righteous guy..so he has my support either way for his moral opinions.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 12:29:47 AM »
According to Chaim, Boteach is a clown. He is a kiss-up to Michael Jackson's Jew-hating pedophile behind and is an egomaniac-not a real Rabbi.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 07:02:05 AM »
According to Chaim, Boteach is a clown. He is a kiss-up to Michael Jackson's Jew-hating pedophile behind and is an egomaniac-not a real Rabbi.

I think Boteach likes attention--he's appeared on the Oprah show to explain his show about families and showed examples of how he's counseled;  he had a televised discussion with a Christian cleric around the time of Pesach and Easter to discuss the two holidays as well as other issues.

Why do you say Boteach isn't a rabbi?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 08:01:06 AM »

I think Boteach likes attention--he's appeared on the Oprah show to explain his show about families and showed examples of how he's counseled;  he had a televised discussion with a Christian cleric around the time of Pesach and Easter to discuss the two holidays as well as other issues.

Why do you say Boteach isn't a rabbi?

I think that if any Rabbi that can go out and spread the good message isn't one that just wants attention.. Of course he wants attention!  He has something good to say! 

Are we going to same about Chaim who isn't even a Rabbi. "Oh he just wants attention...that's why he does you tube videos."  Give me a break. Boteach is, otherwise, doing a good thing.