Author Topic: UK press starting to have some sense  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
UK press starting to have some sense
« on: June 24, 2007, 10:10:12 AM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article1975110.ece

This is the story

A hardline Iranian newspaper launched a vitriolic attack on the Queen yesterday for her part in awarding a knighthood to Salman Rushdie.

Apparently unaware that the Queen has no role in selecting names for honours, the Tehran-based Jomhuri-ye Eslami(The Islamic Republic) painted a picture of a debauched and corrupt Royal Family, and suggested that “the English hag” at its head was seeking a smokescreen for the loss of Empire.

The newspaper even suggested that the Queen, whom it described as “the offensive English royal”, paid Sir Salman £500,000 to write his novelThe Satanic Verses, which since its publication in 1988 has been regarded by many Muslims as an insult to Islam and the Prophet Muhammad but which is still a major seller across the world.

etc.

AND SURPRISINGLY this is the editorial the newspaper printed...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/article1967735.ece

Salman Rushdie is not the problem. Muslims are

It is not all good news though. It still draws attention to the fact that there are "muslim moderates".

In a battle between flaming fundamentalists and mute moderates, who do you think is going to win?

However, I believe this is a step in the right direction for the British press.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: UK press starting to have some sense
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »
Yes it is i heard it commented on  Fox news this morning
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 10:34:56 AM »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article1975110.ece

This is the story

A hardline Iranian newspaper launched a vitriolic attack on the Queen yesterday for her part in awarding a knighthood to Salman Rushdie.

Apparently unaware that the Queen has no role in selecting names for honours, the Tehran-based Jomhuri-ye Eslami(The Islamic Republic) painted a picture of a debauched and corrupt Royal Family, and suggested that “the English hag” at its head was seeking a smokescreen for the loss of Empire.

The newspaper even suggested that the Queen, whom it described as “the offensive English royal”, paid Sir Salman £500,000 to write his novelThe Satanic Verses, which since its publication in 1988 has been regarded by many Muslims as an insult to Islam and the Prophet Muhammad but which is still a major seller across the world.

etc.

AND SURPRISINGLY this is the editorial the newspaper printed...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/article1967735.ece

Salman Rushdie is not the problem. Muslims are

It is not all good news though. It still draws attention to the fact that there are "muslim moderates".

In a battle between flaming fundamentalists and mute moderates, who do you think is going to win?

However, I believe this is a step in the right direction for the British press.

Hers another good comment from the first article    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article1975110.ece

Do we really care what Muslims have to say? Personally, NO. They can continue to live their barbaric, medievel lifestyles, just leave me to lead my lifestyle as a Christian in a democracy. Clearly, Muslims have no concept of Democracy.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 12:28:53 PM »
Don't get too excited about one opinion piece. The vast majority in the Brit/euro press are still jew-hating dreck.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 03:57:03 PM »
Don't get too excited about one opinion piece. The vast majority in the Brit/euro press are still jew-hating dreck.

No, but praise where praise is due...

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 04:30:24 PM »
I find it all annoying, rushdie looks like the flaming devil himself wasting peoples taxes to keep him in hiding due to his attention seeking, while the stinking fundamentalists think they have a right to condemn him, describing him to be abusive when they themselves are vowing to kill him and burning america and englands flags.

I would prefer J.K Rowling to have received an honour at least she is british.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 04:32:01 PM »
The Brits have sense when muslim attacks are against them, but if Rushdie was an Israeli academic who made anti-Islamic statements they'd be on the side of the muslims.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 04:36:46 PM »
The Brits have sense when muslim attacks are against them, but if Rushdie was an Israeli academic who made anti-Islamic statements they'd be on the side of the muslims.

I don't reckon they would. The British jump from one rock to another, falling into the water all the while.