Author Topic: Israel  (Read 334 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Israel
« on: April 17, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
So I decided not to volunteer for a kibbutz this summer, because I don't volunteer. I need another excuse to stay in Israel until I can join the army... what like a kibbutz or anything can I do? I am open to staying with orthodox Jews, as apparently my family is, and I need to not look ignorant of my heritage.

I am skilled in many types of work.

(p.s. If not volunteering was a bad idea, tell me, but they said minimum two months, and I get 400 NIS a month. That means I can't leave whenever because of money I don't care about.)

Thanks for your knowledge and help, I do need to make plans now before I extend my return date.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Israel
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:20:47 PM »
So I decided not to volunteer for a kibbutz this summer, because I don't volunteer. I need another excuse to stay in Israel until I can join the army... what like a kibbutz or anything can I do? I am open to staying with orthodox Jews, as apparently my family is, and I need to not look ignorant of my heritage.
I am skilled in many types of work.

(p.s. If not volunteering was a bad idea, tell me, but they said minimum two months, and I get 400 NIS a month. That means I can't leave whenever because of money I don't care about.)

Thanks for your knowledge and help, I do need to make plans now before I extend my return date.

You can always join a Yeshiva. If you don't know much you can go to Or Samayah. Its right next to the Kotel they help out a lot. $ wise you can get assistance as well, they will basically take you no matter.
http://ohr.edu/study_in_israel/
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.