Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: April 21, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:22:43 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Gentiles, go out of your way to eat at Chick-Fil-A
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 02:19:44 AM »
They have pretty good food but I only got food there two times. I'm avoiding just about all fast food now 99% of the time but I always thought they were a good company.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:13:44 AM »
I wish all fast food places supported gay rights and healthy places supported morality and family.  Unfortunately its the opposite in this instance.

A lot of homosexuals also tend to be health conscious while I see the opposite in a lot of moral religious families.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 06:38:38 AM »
I wish all fast food places supported gay rights and healthy places supported morality and family.  Unfortunately its the opposite in this instance.

A lot of homosexuals also tend to be health conscious while I see the opposite in a lot of moral religious families.

I always thought it was disappointing how all the health food shops seemed to have a new age vibe to them and good luck finding a vegetarian restaurant that isn't owned by PETA-loving hippies.

I think the "unhealthy food" culture among conservatives has to do with an agrarian past. Basically when you worked hard all day on the farm you wanted a big hearty breakfast to fuel your day (with things like sausage/bacon, fried eggs, hash browns/biscuits/grits/toast with butter, whole milk/orange juice and strong coffee, or something like steak and eggs). Lunch might be eaten on a tractor or out in the field and be relatively light like a sandwich, so after working your butt off all day you wanted/needed a decent, hearty supper with things like steak, meatloaf, fried chicken, mashed potatoes with butter, etc.  Eating that many calories made sense when you had a very active lifestyle and very demanding physical work to fuel. The main problem that comes into the picture today is that people are spending 8 hours a day behind a desk at an office instead of working out in the fields and barns and they are eating the same way as their agrarian forefathers. In fact they're eating worse foods than them because the foods have a lot of processing now they didn't used to have which makes them less natural and healthy.

It really doesn't help that healthy foods are usually associated with homosexuals and hippies and other undesirable types either.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:59:54 AM »

I think allot of homosexuals are health conscious in the Hollywood way, meaning they only care for their appearance. But they involve in very unhealthy things like drugs, diet pills and plastic surgeries.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 07:08:39 AM »
I think allot of homosexuals are health conscious in the Hollywood way, meaning they only care for their appearance. But they involve in very unhealthy things like drugs, diet pills and plastic surgeries.

Yes. And in addition, we should not forget, that the "health conscious" can turn into a cult and into idiolatry. Lots of things like environalism, anti-racism, animal rights have turned today into a replacement for the worship of god. And it is seen in this special form mostly under homosexuals and other rebells against god.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:14 AM »
Yes. And in addition, we should not forget, that the "health conscious" can turn into a cult and into idiolatry. Lots of things like environalism, anti-racism, animal rights have turned today into a replacement for the worship of G-d. And it is seen in this special form mostly under homosexuals and other rebells against G-d.

That was really a smart and good post Ulli. I think you really got to the heart of the problem here. When people lose their faith in God they replace that gaping hole in their spiritual life with something else.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »

You do notice that in general, the people who are into fitness, healthy eating, exercise, outdoor activities, etc. are all leftists whereas the smokers, the overweight, the obviously unhealthy and miserable, etc. are the conservatives. I don't know why this is but certainly we can learn from the left (in this one instance)!

I guarantee you that rightism is not winning any impressionable young people over by living this way!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 12:35:27 PM »
You do notice that in general, the people who are into fitness, healthy eating, exercise, outdoor activities, etc. are all leftists whereas the smokers, the overweight, the obviously unhealthy and miserable, etc. are the conservatives. I don't know why this is but certainly we can learn from the left (in this one instance)!

I guarantee you that rightism is not winning any impressionable young people over by living this way!
That's not what I notice. Lots of leftists where I live are hedonistic and self destructive. I don't really see a correlation between healthy lifestyle and political ideology in the general population but in certain subgroups I do for example people in the punk scene are probably doing drugs and smoke. Another factoid that may surprise you- much of the organic food grown in Israel comes from the settlements.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 12:46:09 PM »
When I find groups about almost any topic online with people my age or younger on it as a primary audience they tend to be very left wing boards. It doesn't seem to matter what the topic is.

One of the reasons that a lot of conservatives may not be as much into health or some of the other topics is that some of them have not had quite as much formal education. They're conservative in part because they haven't been exposed to as much left wing brainwashing in the education system.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
In America, at least in the Midwest where my family comes from, they used to pretty much provide everything for themselves from the farm.  My grandpa said that most of their meals were based around beef and potatoes.  We as a people developed a taste for this type of food, which evolved into the burger/fries of today.  Steakhouses like Outback are also big for the same reason.
Very true DBN! While growing up the majority of our food came from hunting and my great grandparents farm, which was the corner stone of our family. We had everything from ducks to horses, and grew all kinds of crops.  Our main diet was different foul, venison, pork, beef, corn, and potatoes. We where pretty much self sufficient, you don’t see to much of that anymore. Most have been pushed into the cities!

Did you grow up in the Midwest? I’m just curious what does a steak cost on the East coast?

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
Yes, I grew up in the Midwest.  I am unfamiliar with prices on the East Coast because I have never lived there and as a Noahide I've chosen to give up all red meat that's not kosher so I'm not in the habit of buying steaks although I do enjoy them.  Same with burgers.  I do still eat non-kosher poultry though, so I will be going to Chick-Fil-A within the next week or so to show my support for a decent business.
For some reason I thought you were on the East coast! I have a cousin in the Navy on the East coast, that may be why.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 12:50:52 AM »
the only problem is that chick fil a is about as healthy as mcdonalds.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 12:59:34 AM »
the only problem is that chick fil a is about as healthy as mcdonalds.
I believe they only use non-hydrogenated peanut oil, so you would be wrong (as usual).

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 02:46:52 AM »
I wonder if Michelle Obama will try and campaign against their food.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »
I believe they only use non-hydrogenated peanut oil, so you would be wrong (as usual).

lol so that makes deep fried chicken healthy? keep dreaming. and your track record at proving me wrong is pretty abysmal since you have yet to do so a single time.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »
Chick Filet of course is a Southern Conservative Corporation.

They have pretty good food and also I believe their food is Kosher and safe for Jews to eat too.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
I have heard that out of all the fast food places that Chick Fil A does at least try to make their food a little healthier although not by much. Subway probably still beats them on some of their offerings but if you're going to eat fried chicken Chik Fil A is better than some other places.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »
Chick-Fil-A chicken is not kosher, but it may have some kosher products.

That's quite a contradictory sentence

Also Chick-Fil-A has food that is not fried, such as grilled chicken sandwiches.

Love grilled chicken!!
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt