Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:02:14 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: "Scientists" on an assumption spree to justify atheism
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »
Am I understanding correctly- they icr.org guys accept the hypothesis that the universe is billions of years old, but they reject the hypothesis that life evolved on earth over a billion years ? And why is that ? Genesis' account encompass both the physical and biological creation. If they want to be consistent they should reject everything that doesn't comply literally with the creation account from genesis.

This is embarrassing and I don't know why you keep going to that anti-science site Dan.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: "Scientists" on an assumption spree to justify atheism
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:13:30 PM »
sorry my bad, they are consistent (in rejecting anything derived through science that is):
The idea that the earth and sun were both created during the creation week thousands of years ago, with the sun immediately able to provide life-supporting light as Genesis records, is perfectly consistent with scientific observations.2

And theologically one can argue that God might have created the world in a weak or in an instance one second ago in such a way that the world was created together with its billions of years of history. And also whenever we discuss time it is something not fully comprehensible and even by modern physics time is relative and different objects observe the passing of time differently.