Author Topic: SVT 40  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Painter

• Senior JTFer
SVT 40
« on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:22 PM »
Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on the SVT 40 in 7.62x54R. I have a chance to purchase one. Thanks

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: SVT 40
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
I don't! But I would grab it!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:06:52 PM »
Lee Garand v  Tokarev ! 8)

Offline Joel Yossi

• Full JTFer
  • Soldier of Zion, Resistance to Islamization
    • Jewish Defence League UK
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
If it is an original Second world war SVT I would not dream of buying it. I fired a Mosin Nagant and an SVT from the Second World War when I was in Southern Russia, They are pretty good rifles firing wise, but i'm afraid they are terribly made. The Russians tried to manufacture as many as possible to arm the Red Army for the German advance, So Quantity not Quality was the focal point. The Rifles I used, The whole bolt loading action was loose in the rifle body, It was heavy and too long to be practical today, It was a quickly made desperation weapon to defend Russia from the Nazi's.

I would only consider buying one if it has been Refurbished and modified, The SVT wasn't my personal favourite but Tokarev made a half decent pistol for Soviet Officers, It is called the Tokarev TT.

In my opinion, my favourite rifle is the M4 carbine, so practical, reliable and really nice looking, for pistol it has got to be the Glock, accept no substitute.

:israel:
" The men whom the European Public admires most extravagantly are the most daring liars. The men whom the European Public detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth "

Jewish Defence League UK:
www.jdl-uk.org

Offline Painter

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 03:55:24 PM »
 Thank you for your comments. It is an arsenal refurbished rifle, but as you said it is long and a little heavy.

Offline Joel Yossi

• Full JTFer
  • Soldier of Zion, Resistance to Islamization
    • Jewish Defence League UK
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »
No problem, If it is arsenal Refurbished should look good, The majority of weapons from World War Two are obviously in bad shape. Yes, unfortunately it is long and heavy, although that is some peoples preference because it is very accurate, I personally prefer more compact, tactical firearms and hand guns.

:israel:
" The men whom the European Public admires most extravagantly are the most daring liars. The men whom the European Public detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth "

Jewish Defence League UK:
www.jdl-uk.org