Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 27332 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: May 11, 2012, 05:06:41 AM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:39:14 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Isaac Luria was a Vatican plant?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:38:59 AM »
Pure fantasy and defamation against a great Jewish scholar.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »
Why is it not surprising that the silver haired witch has also released a nutty video where she apologized to ARABS whom she says are persecuted by Nazi infiltrator and Nazified Jews.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »
But she only looks like a witch, Isaac Luria actually practiced witchcraft.  And the founders of Israel WERE Nazified Jews, I thought there was a video on the forum showing that before.

Dan, have you read the book "Perfidy" by Ben Hecht?  As a Jew, it made me sick to my stomach and very depressed.  It was all about the Nazified Jewish founders of Israel, and how they purposely avoided helping the Jews of Europe escape the Holocaust. 

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »
But she only looks like a witch, Isaac Luria actually practiced witchcraft.  And the founders of Israel WERE Nazified Jews, I thought there was a video on the forum showing that before.
But she blames the Jews for oppressing Arabs, just like the all the real nazis of the world do. Dan I think you need some spiritual guidance from real rabbis, as opposed to witches and that loudmouth "rabbi" you found on youtube.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »
I don't go to them for spiritual guidance.  What's going on here is if I find one true video or interesting thing they have to say that is not currently accepted by the majority of Jews, you try to dig up something that they said that doesn't go along with JTF ideology, rendering anything they have to say worthless.  I don't agree with everything this woman says, or everything that Rabbi Asher Meza says.  Putting up one video of theirs is not meant to endorse them as spiritual guides.  But they are right about certain things, such as Lurianic Kabbalah.  Rabbis have written against Lurianic Kabbala.  I don't know if Luria was exactly a Vatican plant, but it is an interesting theory, and it's nice to see there are Orthodox Jews out there fighting against mysticism.
I show to you that these people are frauds. You can't learn anything that has to do with morality from such people. If you really want to dive into this issue I think you should look into credible Jewish rabbis and Jewish literature.

But if you really want to learn how to defame kabalah from self hating Jews look into the arch kike Gershom Scholem.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 11:57:07 AM »
Actually the woman in these videos claims that the true original kabbalah has to do with morality.  It has nothing to do with the pagan concepts of Isaac Luria, but with spiritual exercises of morality that involves things like fasting, prayer, random acts of kindness, etc. in a continuous way that is designed to prepare a person to receive prophecy (not that they actually will receive prophecy).  Now I don't know if this actually is real "kabbalah", but again, it is an interesting theory.  And the morality version of kabbalah has much more appeal to me than the occult version.  I am attracted to morality and truth-seeking.  This is what attracted me to Judaism, Kahanist ideology, and Rambam.
I suggest you try to read the books of rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto. מסילת ישרים in particular which is one of the foundations of the morality literature in Judaism. You cannot learn morality from lying frauds like that woman.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 12:43:29 PM »
This is utter nonsense...

It is a defamation of Judaism. There are many videos on Youtube which claim Kabbalah to be witchcraft, usually posted by Christians who hate Judaism.

This too is one of those crappy videos...

PS: The logic of claiming that the Vatican wants Tzfat because Luria was a 'plant' is about as logical as claiming that King David was a Vatican plant because the Vatican is interested in the City of David also...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »
Here is a biography of Rabbi Isaac Luria from Chabad:

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/111878/jewish/Rabbi-Isaac-Luria-The-Ari-Hakodosh.htm

Rabbi Isaac Luria - The Ari Hakodosh
The Arizal (5294-5332; 1534-1572)

Rabbi Isaac Halevi Luria has become famous as the "Ari," the holy lion; Ari represents the initials of “Ashkenazi Rabbi Isaac” As his name indicates, his family originally lived in Germany, whence they had wandered to Jerusalem. There the man was born who was to play a magnificent role not only in that century of spiritual and cultural revolutions, but down to our very days.

At a very early age Rabbi Isaac Luria lost his father and he went to Cairo, Egypt, where Mordecai Frances, the rich brother of his mother took care of his upbringing and education. He attended the Yeshiva of Rabbi David ben Zimri, the Chief Rabbi of Egypt, known as the author of many great commentaries and responsa under the name of Radbaz. The brilliant youngster became one of the close disciples of the Radbaz, and his studies of the Talmud early promoted him to heights of scholarly achievements. The only extant product of his work in Gemara and Halachah, is a commentary to Zevachim. When Rabbi Mordecai Frances saw the great success of his young nephew, he gave him his daughter as a wife and assured him of sufficient means for a livelihood.

Yet the deep and introspective nature of Rabbi Isaac Luria was not satisfied by the study of Halachah alone. He acquired knowledge of Cabbala and devoted his entire life to its study and dissemination. At an early age he began his long stays in the solitude of the Nile River. For seven long years he lived all by himself, immersed in the study of the "Zohar," the main work of Cabbala, and other minor Cabbalistic writings, and returned only once a week, on Shabbos, to his family in Cairo. Possessed of a fiery and noble soul, he was wholly attracted to the universe of deeper wisdom and sought the meaningful interpretation of all phases of life, nature, and prayer. He spent many days in fast, prayer and study. In his tireless efforts to penetrate the inner chambers of the Torah, he discovered much of the true meaning of the Jewish faith. He was able to work out a whole system of a Cabbalistic doctrine on the world, and on the role of the Torah and its commandments in the life of man.

Filled with the fire of inspiration and enthusiasm, he set out to cleanse the world of the spirit of impurity and to replace the rule of evil by the recognition of G-d. About the year 1569, he took his family and migrated to Jerusalem and from there to Safed, the center of all study and practice of Cabbala. Soon a large group of disciples gathered about him and listened to his interpretations of the deeper meaning of all happenings and occurrences in the world. More and more men flocked to him and accepted the tenets of a holy and ascetic life which the Ari Hakodosh set down as a necessary requirement for participation in the circle of his followers. Under his inspired guidance, prayer assumed a deeper meaning, since the significance of each word and phrase was interpreted by him. The fast days and holidays turned into genuine turning points of religious life, and the Shabbos became the pivot of holy experience and inspiration, for it was devoted exclusively to spiritual activity. Each Sabbath meal, filled with songs of holy content, many of them written and composed by the Ari Hakodosh himself, was an offering to G-d, and the Melaveh Malkeh represented a stirring tribute to the departing Sabbath.

In such and similar manner, most aspects of the Jewish life and faith were given new content and color. Rabbi Isaac Luria's teachings were spread wide and far and reached all corners of the world, wherever Jews had settled. Amongst the most ardent exponents of the Ari's teachings was his disciple and successor to the leadership of the Cabbalists, Rabbi Chaim Vital. Rabbi Chaim Vital recorded the revelations and explanations of his great master, and they were among the most printed books in those early days of the printing press. Another ardent disciple and exponent was Rabbi Israel Saruk.

Rabbi Isaac Luria's personality inspired all the great men who had penetrated deeper than most mortals, into the world of Cabbala. The Ari died at the age of thirty-eight years, mourned by the entire Jewish people. Despite his short life, he left an indelible impression on religious Jewish life and religious reaching. He introduced many holy Minhagim (customs) which have become part and parcel of our customs and services. His songs and prayers have been widely adopted and partially incorporated into the Siddur. Entire communities guide themselves by the "Nusach HoAri" and much of his teachings has been used to form the basis of the great Chassidic movement. Due to his influence and inspiration Judaism was able to withstand the onslaughts of many creeds and ideas that were promoted during the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. He certainly counts among the holiest and most important leaders of the Jewish people.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
I don't identify myself with "Kabbalism" or whatever, but to say that the Ari was a Vatican plant is absurd. Even Rav Yakov Emdem (who wrote agains't the Zohar) had great respect for the Ari.
 Also just as their are issues with the Zohar their are also some issues with More Nevuhim are we going to demify everything? Take what is truthful and correct, what is problematic don't accept and what your no tsure put in your maybe column at your mind.
 By the way I listened to this lady before, she is kookoo.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 05:37:48 AM »
The Mishna Brura held that Arizal was an observant Jew and sometimes quotes from Arizal.
I accept the evaluation of the Mishna Brura of Rabbi Isaac Luria and not the evaluation of the lady in the video
and I refuse to even listen to what she has to say.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »
I have not read that book, but I saw the video that Tag Mechir Tzedek put up which showed quotes from the founders of Israel that were indistinguishable from Nazi ideology.  Now the woman in these videos posits the theory that in addition to those self-hating Jews, there were actual German Nazis who infiltrated the Zionist movement so that they could continue their struggle against the Jews in Israel.  I don't know nor am I qualified to know if this is true or not, but it is an interesting theory, especially when taking into consideration some of the evil things that were done to Jews by the establishment as well as the Nazi ties of Haaretz.

That's absurd.  The german nazis and officials entered the syrian and egyptian governments to continue their programs of extermination.  This is well-documented.   They did thta because those countries were interested in and attempted to exterminate the israeli Jews.

Other than yitzak rabin, there were not incidents of Israeli soldiers opening fire and rampaging Jews.  It was Jewish criminals who were the problem, german nazis were fighting alongside the arabs.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »
I suggest you try to read the books of rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto. מסילת ישרים in particular which is one of the foundations of the morality literature in Judaism. You cannot learn morality from lying frauds like that woman.

Indeed a great suggestion by Zelhar.  "Ramchal" as he is commonly known, was certainly a mystic yet his text Mesilat Yesharim is one of the all time classics on morality and character traits.  And even I admit that it is great lol.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
Indeed a great suggestion by Zelhar.  "Ramchal" as he is commonly known, was certainly a mystic yet his text Mesilat Yesharim is one of the all time classics on morality and character traits.  And even I admit that it is great lol.

Yes , this is called Mussar...

http://www.torah.org/learning/mussar-psych/mussar21.html

Mussar, the Torah’s approach to personal growth has, at its most fundamental core, the call to utilize the entire physical world in the service of the transcendent, eternal world. The Torah calls upon every human being (both Jews and Gentiles in different ways) to recognize this world as the place to activate G-d’s Will through the use of the physical world of things, feelings, thoughts and actions. The Torah teaches us how to harness the material world in the service of transcendent connection to eternity.

By contrast, other forms of self-improvement are aimed at capitalizing on the transcendent aspect of a person in the service of the physical world. Being calmer, meditating, looking beyond the moment, understanding values, prioritizing and so on are all seen as tools in the pursuit of a better physical existence, whether that means a better marriage, friendships, a job or even a vacation. The point of self-improvement is to harness the transcendent world of a person in the service of his physical existence.

Naaleh on-line has a great video series on Ramchals Mesilat Yesharim @

http://www.naaleh.com/search/class/19
The Mesillat Yesharim ("Path of the Just") is an ethical text composed in 1740 by the influential Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzato. Considered by many to be the core text for anyone engaged in a serious quest for self-improvement, the Mesillat Yesharim answers such basic questions as the nature of Man’s purpose in life as well as the proper and improper methods of drawing close to G-d. Rabbi Yitzchak Cohen develops the ideas presented in this important work, and makes each point relevant to the daily lives of his listeners

And Rabbi Weins site has this to say about Ramchal:

http://www.rabbiwein.com/Essential-Classicsbr-Books-That-Have-Made-a-Differencebr-4-Lectures-P998.html

Mesilat Yesharim - Because of his Kabbalistic teachings, critics hounded the Ramchal for his entire short life, making sure his writings were never read. Yet centuries later, his definitive work Mesilat Yesharim became the cornerstone of the mussar movement. Likening this word to a great maze, the Ramchal lays down the foundation of righteous behavior - the map we need to navigate through the outer trappings and find the path to truth.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
More on the Mussar Movement:

http://www.jewishideas.org/articles/mussar-jewish-psycho-ethical-model-our-time

This movement is Mussar. The Mussar movement arose in the nineteenth century, most centrally influenced by R. Israel Wolf Lipkin, known as Reb Yisrael Salanter (1810–1883), in a period impacted by the Enlightenment and what Reb Yisrael perceived as a lack of spiritual/ethical depth in parts of the Jewish community including the yeshivot. Reb Yisrael derived his central teachings from the Torah, Proverbs (Mishlei), Saadya Gaon’s Emunot V’Deotfrom the tenth century, Ibn Pakuda’s Hovot Halevavotfrom the eleventh Century, and the Ramhal’s Mesilat Yesharim from the eighteenth century.

Reb Yisrael was bothered by the phenomenon of Jews being outwardly observant of ritual commandments while at the same time neglecting social and interpersonal commandments. For example, he noticed that fellow Jews were very concerned about discovering a drop of blood in an egg (which would deem it non-kosher), but not as concerned with the blood that rises in the face of someone who has just been hurt by the evil tongue. He wanted one to become aware of inner structure as the judge of a religious act; if one did not become more aware one would end up living a life based on habit, diversion, and conformity. What has often passed for religion is this habituation pattern (making of religion a mere plethora of obsessive details to gain control over anxiety); so- called reason can also be just a rationalization of instincts and fears (for example, the male fear of giving up power and control of the synagogue can lead to the halakhic claim that women are only permitted to take on proscribed roles).

In Reb Yisrael’s eyes, religion had become a hergel,a cultural “habit,” where people came together to join a community which supported a specific lifestyle, but did not sufficiently confront their behavior, inner motivations, and elevate their religious practices as a means toward connecting to G-d. He tried to understand this phenomenon and came to the conclusion that human beings are more powerfully influenced by deep emotional forces than simple rational motivations. Unless these emotional forces are addressed, they will always undermine our rational proclivities. He called these forces keihah,the dim or dark part of the psyche, as opposed to the less potent meir,bright, clear part of the psyche (Ohr Yisrael, p. 25). The dim part of the psyche could become ruled by the bright part, but only with consistent work, combining intellect and emotion.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »
I have an Artscroll commentary on Mesillat Yesharim on my bookshelf:

http://www.artscroll.com/Books/ligh.html

Description:

Few books have been classics for scholars and laymen alike. Mesillas Yesharim/Path of the Just is at the top of that select list. In crisp, flowing language, in a step-by-step presentation that combines keen insights into human nature with goals that inspire, encourage, and challenge, this masterpiece presents answers to the age old question, “What is man’s obligation in his world? ”

The author of this primer for life is Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto, the Ramchal, who was a phenomenal sage, philosopher, ethicist, saint, and Kabbalist. The Gaon of Vilna said that if Ramchal were alive, he, the Gaon himself, would have traveled to study mussar under him.

But Ramchal was just as much the guide for simple shoemakers and wagon drivers, then as now. For nearly three centuries, his Mesillas Yesharim has been the indispensable, well-thumbed road map to fulfillment for the full gamut of serious and intelligent people.

This work gives Mesillas Yesharim a new dimension for modern times. In it, Rabbi Abraham J. Twerski M.D. pours a lifetime of knowledge and experience. A master of the spirit and the mind, Rabbi Twerski applies the timeless to the timely.

The author quotes and translates key passages from Mesillas Yesharim and applies them to the problems and hurdles of modern life. In the process, the reader sees a vintage classic with fresh eyes, and appreciates Ramchal with unexpected clarity.

Rabbi Twerski’s previous books, such as Living Each Day, Smiling Each Day, Living Each Week, and his brilliant commentary to the Pesach Haggadah have endeared him to countless readers. This volume raises his work to a new plateau of value and insight.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 02:47:04 AM »
The Talmud tells us that for a reason I won't go into right now, the burial of Rabbi Elazar the son of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai was delayed between 18 to 22 years, see Baba Metzia page 84.
He was so righteous his body would not decay.
One day the Talmud tells us, a worm came out of the ear of his dead body. Rabbi Elazar later appeared in a dream to his wife and told her not to worry. No further damage would occur to his body. And the reason, that the worm came out of his ear was that on one occasion, he heard the derision of a Torah scholar, but did not react forcefully enough to defend the honor of that Torah scholar.
Dan, I know you had good intentions, but you ended up slandering a legitimate Torah scholar, and I pray to G-d that he considers that I have sufficiently stood up for the honor of Rabbi Yitzchak Luria, also known as the Arizal.
I say this even though I often follow other Rabbis, who argue with the positions advocated by Arizal.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 04:18:23 AM »
Watched the first 5 minutes so far.. How can I take this lady seriously.   666?    That's just a number and has absolutely zero significance to me any different than any other number like 777 or 222.  666 is some kind of gentile superstition, isn't it?   Can't see the relevance.   Also I was not aware that anyone got to choose their social security number or their israeli ID number.     

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 04:39:20 AM »
Farther into the video now.

She claims "Isaac Luria" was an agent of the Vatican sent in by Jesuits to mislead the Jewish community of tzfat and destroy their community.  Hmm, really.   Did they bring him about through an immaculate conception too?

"Luria was born in 1534 in Jerusalem[1] in what is now the Old Yishuv Court Museum[3] to an Ashkenazi father, Solomon, and a Sephardic mother.[6]"

Were his parents aware they gave birth to a "jesuit satanist" ?   ::)

"His uncle placed him under the best Jewish teachers, including the leading rabbinic scholar David ibn Zimra.[6] Luria showed himself a diligent student of rabbinical literature and under the guidance of another uncle, Rabbi Bezalel Ashkenazi (best known as the author of Shittah Mekubetzet), he became proficient in that branch of Jewish learning.[7]"

And were Rabbi David Ibn Zimra and Rabbi Ashkenazi also Jesuits secretly working for the Vatican?   Keep in mind that whole communities of Jews looked upon these men as the great scholars of that time.  They were not some unknowns that the vatican snuck in by boat and foisted upon the community.

Come on, what is this lady peddling here?   

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 05:25:00 AM »
Like Tag-Mechir said, the woman is kookoo. You should see her blog and other videos. I think she is a celtic witch who married to an Israeli or something.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »
This lady's claims are outrageous.  I would suggest fraudulent, but I think she has deluded herself into believing her own claims have veracity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 12:52:53 AM »
This lady's claims are outrageous.  I would suggest fraudulent, but I think she has deluded herself into believing her own claims have veracity.

LOL  :::D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 12:36:20 AM »
I actually suspect that Dan Ben Noah is a vatican plant at this point...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »
You must beware of sharing the error of those who write amulets (kameot). Whatever you hear from them, or read in their works, especially in reference to the names which they form by combination, is utterly senseless; they call these combinations shemot (names) and believe that their pronunciation demands sanctification and purification, and that by using them they are enabled to work miracles. Rational persons ought not to listen to such men, nor in any way believe their assertions.

--Rambam, Guide for the Perplexed, Part 1, chapter 61.

Source: http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/gfp/gfp071.htm

If you just want to claim that Rambam is the ONE AND ONLY sage of Jewish wisdom so be it, that is your loss...

But the issue of Names of Hashem is a very large one, and we can discuss it if you like. The great sage Rashi has a lot to say on this issue..

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/760970/jewish/The-Different-Names-of-Hashem.htm
http://www.torah.org/learning/parsha-insights/5759/kisisa.html

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 01:04:41 AM »
He wasn't the one and only, he was just correct on a metric tachat ton of issues.  Issues that should just be plain to see by reading the Bible, but since mystics don't seem to like doing that, we have to dig up quotes from rabbis stating the obvious.  Saadia Gaon also said that reincarnation is foolish if I'm not mistaking.  These rabbis and the kabbalists can't both be correct at the same time.

The Kabbalah sources come straight from the Tanach. Do you know anything which may be considered Kabbalah? If you look and read it it is clear that it is based on the Torah...

We have argued about Reincarnation before and I have produced the Tanach sources for such belief.

No Rabbi is the ONE and ONLY source. And Jewish belief is and always has been more concerned about this life than the afterlife.