Author Topic: Vector Quantities in Gematria  (Read 2594 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Vector Quantities in Gematria
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:44:26 PM »
   This is a response on another thread about velocity and speed. I'm wondering how vector quantities are studied in Gematria.

Velocity is a vector(magnitude and direction). Speed and time are both scalar quantities(magnitude only). In this problem position, velocity, and acceleration are all vector quantities. Since the direction of the projectile is not constant for position and velocity, the problem is simpler to solve mathematically by breaking up the vectors into vertical and horizontal components or dimensions. Depending on how you reference a vector(what angle you choose to view it from), it can have anything from one to an infinite number of dimensions.
   Torah can be viewed as a vector quantity. It is simple enough that G-d could give it to man, yet it is also so complex that no human can fully comprehend it's entirety. It's direction is towards G-d, and its magnitude is infinite.
   I'll have to consult with the torah scholars about vector quantities in Gematria(the biblical study of numbers in texts).
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Joe Schmo

Re: Vector Quantities in Gematria
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:51:22 PM »
   This is a response on another thread about velocity and speed. I'm wondering how vector quantities are studied in Gematria.

Velocity is a vector(magnitude and direction). Speed and time are both scalar quantities(magnitude only). In this problem position, velocity, and acceleration are all vector quantities. Since the direction of the projectile is not constant for position and velocity, the problem is simpler to solve mathematically by breaking up the vectors into vertical and horizontal components or dimensions. Depending on how you reference a vector(what angle you choose to view it from), it can have anything from one to an infinite number of dimensions.
   Torah can be viewed as a vector quantity. It is simple enough that G-d could give it to man, yet it is also so complex that no human can fully comprehend it's entirety. It's direction is towards G-d, and its magnitude is infinite.
   I'll have to consult with the torah scholars about vector quantities in Gematria(the biblical study of numbers in texts).

This is cool.  You guys are bad-arse.

I could never comprehend this type of complex mathematics.

ftf

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 05:12:45 PM »
Scriabin, that's complex? Oh dear, I wonder how you'd describe some of the maths I do...

Joe Schmo

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:15:39 PM »
Scriabin, that's complex? Oh dear, I wonder how you'd describe some of the maths I do...

I'm sure!

I'm not a mathematician.  I'm a sort-of musico-artist.

My father is a mathematician, however.