Author Topic: the Points  (Read 2595 times)

Offline 1thecheet

• New JTFer
the Points
« on: July 11, 2007, 11:54:44 AM »
I have been studying about God and considering many of the things we talk about on Youtube, but I am starting to see a problem.  The base problem is that the people of this country believe less and less of God. Should we, therefore, be surprised to see the state of out country?  This country was founded on God, and by leaving it this is what we should anticipate.  God doesn't wish this corruption upon our country, but the country has allowed the devil to corrupt our country. 

Doesn't it, therefore, seem that the first step to saving our country would be to bring our country back to God?

newman

Re: the Points
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:01:21 PM »
Correct. A country needs only two books to run properly:

1/ Torah by G_d

2/ Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith

Offline Alexander

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:59:21 PM »

Doesn't it, therefore, seem that the first step to saving our country would be to bring our country back to G-d?
Without a doubt. The further a people move away from God the more uncivilized and barbarous the society becomes.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 07:55:03 PM »
I believe people are in a way moving away from G-d-but really they are just rejecting the false G-d that most people believe in.

They're becoming more rational and now they're on their way to discoverin the True G-d, though they may not realize it themselves.

The Rebbe often said that if one would honestly study the secular wisdoms, given enough time, they would come to all the same conclusions as the Torah.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:16:40 AM »
I have been studying about G-d and considering many of the things we talk about on Youtube, but I am starting to see a problem.  The base problem is that the people of this country believe less and less of G-d. Should we, therefore, be surprised to see the state of out country?  This country was founded on G-d, and by leaving it this is what we should anticipate.  G-d doesn't wish this corruption upon our country, but the country has allowed the devil to corrupt our country. 

Doesn't it, therefore, seem that the first step to saving our country would be to bring our country back to G-d?

Supposedly, only 10% identify as atheists.  It seems like the percentage would be higher. 

Therefore, the type of education needs to be improved. 

Promiscuity and other corrupt behavior need to be delegitimized.  Somehow these corrupt behaviors become legitimized and accepted be people.  This needs to be changed. 

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 06:18:23 AM »
I believe people are in a way moving away from G-d-but really they are just rejecting the false G-d that most people believe in.

They're becoming more rational and now they're on their way to discoverin the True G-d, though they may not realize it themselves.

The Rebbe often said that if one would honestly study the secular wisdoms, given enough time, they would come to all the same conclusions as the Torah.

What do you mean by secular wisdoms? 

Secular progressives think homosexuality should be celebrated.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 11:38:56 AM »
Quote from: RationalThought110 link=topic=6683.msg60868#msg60868 date=
Quote from: 1thecheet link=topic=6683.msg57699#msg57699 date=
I have been studying about G-d and considering many of the things we talk about on Youtube, but I am starting to see a problem.  The base problem is that the people of this country believe less and less of G-d. Should we, therefore, be surprised to see the state of out country?  This country was founded on G-d, and by leaving it this is what we should anticipate.  G-d doesn't wish this corruption upon our country, but the country has allowed the devil to corrupt our country. 

Supposedly, only 10% identify as atheists.  It seems like the percentage would be higher. 

Therefore, the type of education needs to be improved. 

Promiscuity and other corrupt behavior need to be delegitimized.  Somehow these corrupt behaviors become legitimized and accepted be people.  This needs to be changed. 

I think the 10% is misleading.  While that may be the number of atheists, I think a much larger number are agnostic or areligious.  Not caring about or being indifferent to G-d is almost as bad as not believing that G-d exists.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 11:44:15 AM »

100% agreement on this one.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

newman

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »

100% agreement on this one.

Could this be the beginning of the fullfillment of the prophesy about the gentiles grabbing the corner of a Jews garment and asking to go with him?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 04:04:42 PM »

What do you mean by secular wisdoms? 

Secular progressives think homosexuality should be celebrated.

Then that would not be included in "secular wisdom". Celebrating homosexuality is the opposite of wisdom.
However, there is a great deal of truth that has been discovered in science math and philosophy throughout the ages.

The Talmud says "if they tell you the gentiles have wisdom-believe them".

You just have to know how to see the real stuff and throw out the rest.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.