Author Topic: New York - Merrill Lynch Sued In Bias of Muslim  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
New York - Merrill Lynch Sued In Bias of Muslim
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:59:16 AM »
New York - The Feds sued Merrill Lynch yesterday on behalf of a former employee who claims he was canned because his bosses said his background as a Muslim Iranian made him a threat to U.S. security.

Merrill discriminated against Majid Borumand by failing to promote him two years ago and then booting him, according to an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaint filed in Manhattan Federal Court. The agency is seeking unspecified damages.

During his employment, the suit alleges Borumand was told, "The reason that you are not allowed on the trading floor is because you are from a country which has a high risk factor and a threat."

A Merrill spokesman insisted none of it was true: "We respectfully, but strongly, disagree with the EEOC and deny all of Mr. Borumand's allegations."

Even his job title is in dispute. [dailynews]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: New York - Merrill Lynch Sued In Bias of Muslim
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:39:46 PM »
I think we should support Merrill Lynch. I bet they will cave in to muzzy pressure soon enough.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: New York - Merrill Lynch Sued In Bias of Muslim
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:28:48 PM »
I'm not a fan of the stock market or trade in the modern sense by any means but this is just outrageous.

The EEOC really has nothing better to do?