Author Topic: Iraqi seekers in the Netherlands  (Read 2652 times)

Offline fire24

• New JTFer
Iraqi seekers in the Netherlands
« on: May 22, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »
The more than three hundred seekers in a tent camp at Ter Apel (Place in the Netherlands) stay, they refuse the shelter of outgoing Minister Leers have been offered. When evacuation of the camp, they step to the right, says a spokesman tonight against news agency Novum.
The Iraqis fear for their lives according to the spokesman when they are returned to their country of origin and indicate the range of Leers off. A spokesman for the group offers Leers, who spoke today with three Iraqis, no opening offered. Leers could promise nothing about safety after returning to Iraq. "Our bright clear answer is no," said the spokesman.

Leers the group wanted to offer shelter seekers, at least until mid June. Then he speaks his Iraqi counterpart Dindar Najman Shafiq Duski about returning to Iraq.

Duski Leers has previously announced that the Netherlands is not the only country to Iraqis returning, but that it must be done carefully because they often have problems with their home work, but also psychologically and socially.

Now Duski on 15 June to the Netherlands, according to Leers the tent camp in Ter Apel become unnecessary. The shelter that the Leers asylum seekers has been "directed to return", and that encountering opposition from the respective applicants.

I hope you did understand it because my English is not very well. And the translation was very hard.
here is the link of the article (it's in Dutch): http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2012/05/22/irakese-asielzoekers-weigeren-aangeboden-opvang-leers/

Fire24

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Iraqi seekers in the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 02:07:42 PM »
It's hard to understand the translation. I hope the Dutch won't grant these immigrants permanent residence in Holland.

Offline fire24

• New JTFer
Re: Iraqi seekers in the Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »
@Zelhar I hope it too