Author Topic: Can someone explain these delusional Karaite sects?  (Read 7775 times)

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
Can someone explain these delusional Karaite sects?
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »

He made statements like "G=d is not good" "Orthodox Judaism is man made and idol worship"

What's the world coming to?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Can someone explain these delusional Karaite sects?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:29:21 PM »
Karaites are the Apikorsim. They deny the Oral Law... They perverted Judaism by rejecting the Halacha...

See this:
http://www.dailyhalacha.com/m/halacha.aspx?id=2070

The Rama (Rabbi Moshe Isserles of Cracow, 1525-1572), in his glosses to the Eben Ha’ezer section of the Shulhan Aruch (Siman 4), rules that it is forbidden to marry somebody from the heretical Karaite sect. The Karaites were a group of Jews that denied the authority of the oral tradition recorded in the Talmud, including the Sages’ interpretations of the Torah and the Halachic system derived from these interpretations. They insisted on following only the plain reading of the Torah, without paying any attention to the Rabbinic Halachic tradition. This rejection of the authority of the Talmud resulted in improper procedures for divorce. When a Karaite couple divorced, they did not follow the rules and guidelines established by Halacha, and they therefore were not, technically speaking, divorced. If the wife then remarried, her relationship with her second husband was considered adulterous, since she was still married to the first husband according to Halacha. Hence, the children born from the second marriage had the status of Mamzerim, who are forbidden for marriage. And if a Mamzer marries, the children also have the status of Mamzerim.

As a result, the Karaite community had many Mamzerim. The Rama therefore ruled that it is forbidden to marry somebody who descends from this community, even if that individual rejected the heretical beliefs of the Karaites and embraced traditional Judaism, given the likelihood that this person is a Mamzer.

A different view on this subject was taken by the Radbaz (Rabbi David Ben Zimra of Egypt, 1480-1574), in his responsa (vol. 1, Siman 73), where he writes that one may marry somebody from the Karaite sect, assuming, of course, that this person has embraced traditional Judaism. The Radbaz claimed that although the Karaites’ divorces are invalid, their marriages are also invalid. The witnesses at Karaite weddings were, more often than not, Karaites, who are ineligible to serve as witnesses since they do not believe in or follow Halacha. Hence, since divorced Karaite couples were never Halachically married to begin with, a divorced Karaite woman’s second marriage is not considered an adulterous relationship, and does not produce Mamzerim.

The Bet Yosef (commentary by Maran, author of the Shulhan Aruch), however, cites Rabbenu Shimshon as ruling stringently on this issue, and, as mentioned the Rama rules against the Radbaz and forbids marrying a member or descendant of the Karaite sect.

The Bet Yosef and Rama also discuss the question of marrying somebody from the Marranos, the Jews in Spain who outwardly conducted themselves as gentiles to avoid religious persecution. These authorities rule that it is permissible to marry somebody from this group, since they strictly observed the laws of divorce. Although the Marranos acted as gentiles in public, they remained faithful to Jewish practice in their private lives, including with regard to marriage and divorce. Therefore, we need not be concerned about the possibility of a Marrano being a Mamzer, and they are thus permissible for marriage, assuming, of course, that they have repented and conduct themselves as Jews both in private and public.

This discussion underscores the delicate nature of Gittin (the Halachot of divorce) and the importance of ensuring that divorces are properly handled by competent Rabbinic scholars. The laws of Gittin are especially intricate, and even an incorrect letter on the bill of divorce can invalidate the divorce, which will have the effect of rendering the woman’s second marriage an adulterous relationship and her children Mamzerim. When, Heaven forbid, a divorce becomes necessary, the couple must consult with a qualified Rabbi to ensure that it is done according to Halacha, and they should not simply “shop around” for the cheapest Rabbi they can find to handle the complex process of divorce. And if a person knows a couple that is in the process of divorcing, he should encourage them to have it handled properly according to Halacha, in order to avoid Mamzerut.

See also : http://www.aish.com/jl/h/cc/48949881.html

The Karaites
During the long history of Babylonian Jewry, sometimes the Reish Galusa wielded more power, sometimes the Gaonim. Much depended on the political climate and the personalities involved. Generally, however, the position of the Gaon was determined by scholarship, while the position of Reish Galusa was depended on lineage (as the Reish Galusa was traditionally the descendant of King David.)

And it was a dispute over lineage that gave rise to a splinter sect in 8th century Baghdad ― a splinter sect that came to be known as the Karaites.

When Shlomo, the Reish Galusa, died childless in 760, two of his nephews Hananiah and Anan vied for the position. Hananiah got the job and Anan went off to start his own religion.

This is another example of a pattern we have seen previously ― a split among the Jews due to pride and ego. (We saw it, for example, in Part 20 with Rehoboam and Jeroboam.)

The sect that Anan started in some ways was similar to the Sadducees. Like the Sadducees, the Karaites didn't recognize the authority of the Oral Torah and hence they read the Written Torah literally. (Their name, Karaites, comes from the Hebrew verb, kara, meaning "read.")

As we saw earlier, it is impossible to live a Jewish life without the Oral Torah as so much of the Written Torah is not specific enough. Thus, where the Torah commands "and you shall write them [these words] upon the doorposts of your home," how can anyone know which words of the Torah, or indeed, if the entire Torah is to be written on the doorpost? It is the Oral Torah that explains that this passage refers to the words of the Shema prayer, which are to be written on a parchment scroll and then affixed in a specified place and manner on the doorpost. The mezuzah!

As a result of their literal reading of the Torah, the Karaites came to observe Shabbat in total darkness, unable to leave their homes all day except to go to the synagogue. They did away with the observance of Chanukah because it is not mentioned in the Written Torah, as well as with the separation of meat and milk for the same reason. Ironically, because so many statements in the Bible cannot be explained with out the Oral Law, the Karaites had to create their own oral law as a way of translating these statements in the Bible into practical applications.

One might think that this sect would have little appeal but, this was not the case. The Karaites began to attract those Jews who wanted to dismiss the opinions of the rabbis; this turned out to be a huge draw. (5)

That is, until the great sage, the Sa'adiah Gaon entered the picture.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »
http://www.rabbiwein.com/Great-Controversies--in-Jewish-History-br7-Lectures-P175.html

Karaites and Rabbinic Jews - There's no feud like a family feud, and in 8th century Babylonia, a dynastic struggle between brothers gave birth to the heretical Karaite movement. Denying the divinity of the Talmud, the Karaites held tremendous influence over many people. Though now they have disappeared into near oblivion, the Jewish scholarship that developed to combat them remains the consummate sign of philosophical victory.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:39:11 PM »
I thought the last of the Karaites were killed by nazi scum

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
Thank you muman for that informative post. If Karaites deny the Oral law that Moses brought with him along the Torah, then they're not true Jews at all.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »
He looks insane with that fake beard

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 08:56:29 PM »
He looks insane with that fake beard

Kind of looks like he took his image from Shasha Baron Cohens 'Dictator'...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 08:57:51 PM »
Kind of looks like he took his image from Shasha Baron Cohens 'Dictator'...

I saw that movie last weekend. It wasn't the funniest movie I've ever seen but it had its moments that were pretty hilarious.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »
I saw that movie last weekend. It wasn't the funniest movie I've ever seen but it had its moments that were pretty hilarious.

Some of my friends said they saw it... I don't watch movies {unless I can learn something from them} so I doubt I will see it...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 09:08:45 PM »
Some of my friends said they saw it... I don't watch movies {unless I can learn something from them} so I doubt I will see it...

Ask them if the movie was Aladeen or Aladeen.

HIV scene was probably one of the best parts of the movie, lol

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
I thought the last of the Karaites were killed by nazi scum

No, the Nazis didn't kill them. They didn't concider them Jews either. They almost all assimilated, today they are very few and insignificant. And about marriage- they go by who is "Jewish" according to the father (in contrast to both the Oral and Written Torah for example as seen in the book of Ezra), soo it is tough to really know if they are halahically Jewish or not.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 10:53:34 PM »
I think this guy is a secret Muslim. No joke. He uses words like "Israelite Jihad", "Submission". He even is calling G-D as "evil". Lier and joke this guy is. Don't waste your time, just ignore.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »
Did you guys read his ridiculous youtube comments?  SMH

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »
What's the world coming to?

99% (and up) of the world is messed up following false ideas and ideologies/religions .Your a Noahide you should know that.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 01:52:16 AM »
Why is he a skinhead?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 02:20:10 AM »
I think even karaites don't agree with this guy. He is mad.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 04:04:04 AM »
This is very concerning. Both the situation of mamzerim and also if they allow converts, as I read they do...they would not be a giyur al pi halacha...so then you would have Karaite Jews who are mamzerim and  then those who would not really be Jews. Although would they not naturally filer each other out (a male mamzer who has a child with a gentile woman would not have mamzerim children yet they could convert giyur al pi halacha in a beis din as non-mamzerim).

Anyways, besides the complications on their line....would karaite Jews not be considered tinoq shenishbah?

Also, once the video was over (the first video) and I saw something more concerning...that the video labeled "convert the world to Judaism"...that is a subject for a different topic but it seems that no one wants to talk about the particular rabbi who makes those videos all over YouTube.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 04:51:33 AM »
Guys while karaites are a crazy sect, this guy is just off the scale nuts.

http://www.submissiontothelord.org/Statement_of_Faith.html

I.  We believe that G-d is a tyrannical dictator who demands submission from both Jew and Gentile.  (Genesis 7:23; Exodus 20:1-5; Deuteronomy 5:6)

II. We believe that G-d is both good and evil and that He often uses evil acts to beat down and abuse His creation.  (Genesis 7:23; Genesis 19:23-25; Exodus 12:29; Exodus 32:27; Leviticus 26:30; Numbers 16:35; Deuteronomy 3:3-7)

III. We believe that G-d can lie and can cause a prophet to lie deceiving His creation.  (II-Chronicles 18:20-22)

We are proud to be accused of practicing “Islamified Judaism” because the reality is that Islam in its purest form is only practicing true Judaism as described to us in the Hebrew Bible!  As a Jew one must recognize the authority of the Hebrew Bible over all religious texts and must reach a conviction that God demands our submission and has ordered us to preach Submission to His Kingship and the Hebrew Bible to the world!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 07:50:22 AM »
Guys while karaites are a crazy sect, this guy is just off the scale nuts.

http://www.submissiontothelord.org/Statement_of_Faith.html
I actually know 2 Karaites one in California and one in Indianna they both would think this guy is nuts.You would think the Karaites are regular Jews till they eat cheeseburgers
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 08:46:29 AM »
I actually know 2 Karaites one in California and one in Indianna they both would think this guy is nuts.You would think the Karaites are regular Jews till they eat cheeseburgers
Probably Egyptian karaites which are the more normal ones. The Karaites in eastern Europe are nuts and most of them aren't Jews anyway. They snitched on Jews for the Tzars and later on for the Nazis.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 09:14:23 AM »
Probably Egyptian karaites which are the more normal ones. The Karaites in eastern Europe are nuts and most of them aren't Jews anyway. They snitched on Jews for the Tzars and later on for the Nazis.
You're right :)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »
I guess he doesn't know that Islam also copied off of the Talmud. Mohammad took stuff in the Oral Law and took it to an extreme. I think he did the same with Rabbinic fences. I heard that's why Saudi Arabia doesn't allow female drivers as a fence for modesty. So Islam stole the Jewish Bible and changed the story to make everyone Muslim and said Ishmael was offered instead of Isaac at Akedat Yitzhak and that it really took place in Mecca. They also stole parts of Xtianity. And finally even the Kaaba was originally a pagan lunar temple and Allah was originally the name of the Moon g-d, not the generic term for G-d.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 08:46:34 PM »
This is very concerning. Both the situation of mamzerim and also if they allow converts, as I read they do...they would not be a giyur al pi halacha...so then you would have Karaite Jews who are mamzerim and  then those who would not really be Jews. Although would they not naturally filer each other out (a male mamzer who has a child with a gentile woman would not have mamzerim children yet they could convert giyur al pi halacha in a beis din as non-mamzerim).

Anyways, besides the complications on their line....would karaite Jews not be considered tinoq shenishbah?

Also, once the video was over (the first video) and I saw something more concerning...that the video labeled "convert the world to Judaism"...that is a subject for a different topic but it seems that no one wants to talk about the particular rabbi who makes those videos all over YouTube.

We are forbidden to marry karaites.  I'm pretty sure they are considered nonJews in halacha.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »
What about karaite single women if you're already married and perform the proper ritual... you might believe them about being Jewish until they say G-d is bad... and what happens if you marry an undercover one by accident? Also, what is their stance on Israel?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
What about karaite single women if you're already married and perform the proper ritual... you might believe them about being Jewish until they say G-d is bad... and what happens if you marry an undercover one by accident? Also, what is their stance on Israel?

Marrying their women is worse, since then your children can possibly be not Jewish. If it was in the generation of the Rambam for example their would be more to rely on them being Jewish. But today they assimilated and its hard to know if they are halahically Jewish since they go by the male and not the female. I'm guessing you would have to go to a proper Beit Din to investigate the situation where possibly she would have to undergo a conversion process at least just in case.