Torah and Jewish Idea > Torah and Jewish Idea

Is God merciful?

<< < (2/2)

wonderfulgoy:
The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

(Exodus 15: 3)

The Christian conception of the L-rd is different from ours.

yephora:
"The Christian conception of the L-rd is different from ours."

How so?

wonderfulgoy:

--- Quote from: yephora on September 10, 2006, 01:24:54 AM ---"The Christian conception of the L-rd is different from ours."

How so?

--- End quote ---

Forgive me, I forget my manners and speak too freely!

Have a good day.  :)

Tzvi Ben Roshel1:
merciful doesnt mean what many people can (mis)interpret it to be. mercy is combining strict justice and lovingkindness in perfect harmony. yes, things might happen which SEEM, to be negative and bad from G-d, but we should KNOW that everything is for the best, even punishment, just think of a parent hitting a kid in order to teach him/her a lesson, the only problem truly is the kid (us) , not seeing the message in the "bad" and punishment and correecting ourselves,

for example- look at the Israeli-arab conflict, G-d keeps sending messages via the terrorists in that the more we try to make the perverted peace procress- which the more soo the terrorist attacks, this is supposed to make people wake up and fullfill the commadment of either (whipping them out or kicking them out, depending on how we hold) , but no soo theirs more, and more and threw this G-d is trying to make the Jewish people wake up and be able to trully think and then repent.

Rhuan:

--- Quote from: Get thee hence Satan on September 10, 2006, 01:18:29 AM ---The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

(Exodus 15: 3)

The Christian conception of the L-rd is different from ours.

--- End quote ---
Before making such sweeping statements, try reading "Waking the Dead" by "John Eldredge" (this is a Christian book, intended for a Christian audience, but you have some huge misconceptions about Christianity, and this book deals with those amoung other things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version