Author Topic: Pity Pool  (Read 2569 times)

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
Pity Pool
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »
I've always believed in G-d. I've not been the best person of my Religion, but I have tried. I'ts been 2 years since katrina hit here, and our family lost our home. Still in a fema "mansion" , more and more I ask myself, "Why did G-d do this to me?". I'm not a bad person, I try my best to help others and support those in need. This is something I've not wanted to talk about, but at times my faith slips. I don't understand why G-d would let Muslim savages dessimate innocent Jewish children, men and women. And I don't understand why I'm being "tested".  The world seems upside down so many days. It seems good is bad and bad is good. Some days I just ask myself "What the hell is going on?"  I guess i'm in a pity pool, but this is getting serious. I'm beginning to question everything I was brought up to believe about G-d.

Mods put this where it belongs please ? I'm not a Jew, but I really respect the Jewish point of view on such issues. I understand about just sucking it up, and keep moving on. But sometimes, what's the point?G-d bless.

Jeff
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Pity Pool
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 11:18:38 PM »
I've always believed in G-d. I've not been the best person of my Religion, but I have tried. I'ts been 2 years since katrina hit here, and our family lost our home. Still in a fema "mansion" , more and more I ask myself, "Why did G-d do this to me?". I'm not a bad person, I try my best to help others and support those in need. This is something I've not wanted to talk about, but at times my faith slips. I don't understand why G-d would let Muslim savages dessimate innocent Jewish children, men and women. And I don't understand why I'm being "tested".  The world seems upside down so many days. It seems good is bad and bad is good. Some days I just ask myself "What the hell is going on?"  I guess i'm in a pity pool, but this is getting serious. I'm beginning to question everything I was brought up to believe about G-d.

Mods put this where it belongs please ? I'm not a Jew, but I really respect the Jewish point of view on such issues. I understand about just sucking it up, and keep moving on. But sometimes, what's the point?G-d bless.

Jeff

well, my friend...you're not supposed to ask, "why me."  You're supposed to say, Thank you Gd for all that you have done.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:21:10 AM »
Jeff, there are a lot of things that suck in my life as well. I don't know why Katrina devastated so many innocent people. Sometimes there are no answers in life--you just have to pray hard to move on.  :-\

I know, a lot easier said than done. (From my own experience.)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 12:31:55 AM »
Ethics 4:19. "Rabbi Yannai used to say: It is not in our power to explain the well-being of the wicked nor the suffering of the righteous."

When you go to heaven then these things all make sense and you have no questions.  Until then, just have faith that G-d is perfect and just, with a plan for everything even if we don't have the capacity to understand at this point. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 06:21:45 PM »
I talked to a few friends at work about this. Basically  got the same good advice as from here. If you can't change it, don't worry about it. The world is a  garbage can it seems some days, anyhow, thanks for the input, lemme drain the pity pool and just take care of business. Appreciate the input, it means alot. I really enjoy being a part of JTF. On a lighter note, Freerepublic banned me again lol

SHALOM :)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
Mosquewatch, life is a test and everyone is faced with doubts that God sets in their paths to overcome. By overcoming suh doubt and staying strong in faith you are succeeding.

Also when there is trouble, who do you turn to? God! God is testing to see if you will turn to ask of his help because he is the Al-Mighty and the only one that can do so. Your life is predestined, what is to come is in the hands of God, He knows best and you don't know maybe there will be a great period of good in your life to come.

Just put your family first and stay determined.

ftf

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 07:33:01 PM »
God gave people free will, and God set up the laws of science, if he then stepped in every time anything was going to happen he'd be taking away that free will he gave us.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »
And to allow yourself some time in the pity pool - is natural and probably helpful.

I will keep you in my prayers - I hope things turn around for you soon and that someday this will all seem like a bad dream.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:42:37 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »
Its not easy to get back on your feet again after loosing everything you have like that. The best thing to do is work at it a thing at a time until you get fully back on you feet again. It's easer to see all the bad things happening in the world from your prospective right now however you should try not to dwell on it. Try to find some positive things happening in the world and use that to keep you going. G-d bless and may your world soon be back to normal.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Allen-T

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »
I spent a period of close to two years living in a van and as much as I would never want to do that ever again, in many ways it drew me much closer to God. Anything that does that is ultimately worth it.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 07:34:17 PM »
Your kind words, all of you, are uplifting. This may read kind of silly, but after work , when I come home and do some work on other online projects. I find that JTF is filled with some powerful people. At first I had some reservations (after being slammed off of other forums, banned, etc ) that I would not fit in. The opposite has happened. And I am truly greatful for the opportunity to converse with people such as this forum has. Common sense has a home. It's JTF.

Jeff