Author Topic: Rating?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
Rating?
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »
By my name it has ratings and a number by it. What's that about? Excuse my ignorance- I'm new! ;)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Rating?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:14:56 AM »
It doesn't really mean anything it's just a somewhat meaningless number that people can either boost or take down.  It doesn't have any effect on anything except maybe one's ego.  Welcome to the forum by the way.  :)
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:41:47 PM »
Yeah it is meaningless. Just don't say anything positive about Islam for two reasons. The first reason is that their is nothing positive about that cult and the second reason is becasue it will piss everyone off here and that does count. Welcome to the forum.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »
Yes but don't let JTF squash your truthful opinions.

Imerica

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 06:05:29 PM »
Yes but don't let JTF squash your truthful opinions.
I second that, Sarah.

Sidebar..I was looking for you on IM. I'll be on after 7pm Pacific time... I don't know the time difference between here and there. :)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 06:07:27 PM »
By my name it has ratings and a number by it. What's that about? Excuse my ignorance- I'm new! ;)

Its a popularity score.

People with higher points usually have (are):

1) been around for a while
2) posted a lot
3) popular in general

It is not a ranking system.

And it also appears to be no more.

Jeffguy, Was that you? 

Jeff feels guilty about having the highest score, so he got rid of the system.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 06:09:01 PM by Scriabin »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »
It was a good system. 

Furthermore, it made things more interesting.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 06:39:50 PM »
I wish those ratings would turn into dollars to donate to JTF.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »
LOL

Yes, the rating system has been turned off. The rating thing turned into a popularity contest and sometimes a weapon. I supposed I should have had the wisdom to see this. G-d tells us to do what's right... not what's popular and I really think it sent the wrong message. I hope you all can understand.

Thank you, everyone, for participating in our little experiment. It was fun.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 07:24:11 PM »
As I mentioned before a rating system is good but too easy to abuse. Users should have to earn credit to rate others. Tasks such as youtube help, moderation or forums, and also acheiving high enough ratings should qualify someone for a certain amount of credit to rate others.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 09:41:18 PM »
Excellent point !

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 09:45:02 PM »
 I want my ratings back!  ;D
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 09:49:09 PM »
I'm glad it's gone it was just a distraction.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris