Author Topic: Trip To Meijer Store Ends At Oakland County Jail  (Read 555 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Trip To Meijer Store Ends At Oakland County Jail
« on: June 19, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »
Even though the article is old though I found this one today:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/02/11/trip-to-meijer-store-ends-at-oakland-county-jail/
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Trip To Meijer Store Ends At Oakland County Jail
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »
She might not be able to work so it might be difficult for her to pay for her groceries. She still shouldn't be stealing or fighting police though.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:55:44 PM »
She might not be able to work so it might be difficult for her to pay for her groceries. She still shouldn't be stealing or fighting police though.

Well she is a 400lb compulsive eater. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »
Well she is a 400lb compulsive eater.

The article doesn't say she's a compulsive eater or if she is, why she is.

I've never been even close to that large but there are a lot of people who are and I do have some empathy for them.

People are lined up by the thousands to get gastric bypass surgeries and even with that a lot of them end up regaining the weight.

It's surprisingly easy for some people to gain a lot of weight like that and it doesn't even take a lot of excessive eating, just excessive calories. You can have medium sized portions but if those portions are of calorie dense food then you'll gain weight, and a little bit of weight each month can really creep up.

A microwave frozen dinner lasagna, or a couple of tacos, or a couple of slices of pizza, or even 'healthy' food like eating too many nuts (should be about 15-30 grams for a snack, but a lot of people grab 3 handfuls for a snack of nuts and go way over the limit without realizing how many calories they're eating. Even a bag of microwave popcorn has about 2.5 servings in it, and most people consider one bag to be one serving. People pour 3 servings of cereal into a bowl with 2 servings of milk and think nothing of it, they probably think they're having one serving of each.

People will gain weight if they don't stop before they hit a calorie surplus. Also there's sugar in so much processed food that causes an insulin spike and then subsequent hunger. Most processed food causes this kind of insulin spike because it's high glycemic and low fiber. This is good for the food companies because they make a profit if people eat more.

I don't know why she's so heavy but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt about that aspect, especially since there are medicines and/or hormonal issues that can make the issue worse.

400 lbs. is very, very heavy but usually if someone is that morbidly obese there are reasons contributing to it beyond just the poor American diet such as some level of past abuse or other emotional issues. I hope she gets whatever help she needs to be healthy again.