Author Topic: Vive Le France!  (Read 6709 times)

gentilerighteous

Vive Le France!
« on: October 01, 2006, 01:12:25 AM »
The NY Times' Saturday edition

A French high school philosophy teacher and author who carried out a scathing attack against the Prophet Muhammad and Islam in a newspaper commentary says he has gone into hiding under police protection after receiving a series of death threats, including one disseminated on an online radical Islamist forum.
The teacher, Robert Redeker, 52, wrote in the center-right daily Le Figaro 10 days ago that Muhammad was “a merciless warlord, a looter, a mass-murderer of Jews and a polygamist,” and called the Koran “a book of incredible violence.”
The Redeker case is the latest manifestation in Europe of a mounting ideological battle that pits those who believe Islam and the Prophet Muhammad can be criticized in the name of free speech against those in the Muslim community who believe no criticism can be tolerated...
... “I can’t work, I can’t come and go and am obliged to hide,” Mr. Redeker told Europe 1 radio in a telephone interview from an undisclosed location on Friday. “So in some way, the Islamists have succeeded in punishing me on the territory of the republic as if I were guilty of a crime of opinion.”
Mr. Redeker, who has kept in contact with news agencies by cellphone and e-mail, said that his wife and their children had also been threatened with death. He told Europe 1 that his wife was in hiding with him, but he was less clear about his three children, saying that one of them had been forced to move and that another was in a boarding school.
Asked to describe the sort of threats he had received, Mr. Redeker replied, “You will never feel secure on this earth. One billion, three hundred thousand Muslims are ready to kill you.”

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Vive Le France!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 02:24:41 AM »
Ya, death threats over this man's opinion of islam... that the mentality of these savages. It's a whole honor/shame mentality... "you shame me and I have the right to take your blood".
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

gentilerighteous

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:55:46 AM »
Ya, death threats over this man's opinion of islam... that the mentality of these savages. It's a whole honor/shame mentality... "you shame me and I have the right to take your blood".

like i said

Vive Le France

Rhuan

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 07:41:48 AM »
It is good that some people understand the truth. The fact he has had to go into hiding does of course only prove that he is correct.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 11:44:42 AM by Rhuan »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 11:35:35 PM »
France, in my humble opinion, gets a bad rap in terms of their politics, etc... .

I admire much of French life and culture.

It is difficult for us here in the U.S. to conceive of how the entire world would appear to us were we to be sandwiched between Germany, Spain & England, and if we had fought numerous major wars, not the least of which WWI & WWII on our very own soil.

Many people claim that France has "always been Anti-Semitic", but I don't consider them any different than Britain, or the U.S. in this respect.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 06:50:57 AM »
France, in my humble opinion, gets a bad rap in terms of their politics, etc... .

I admire much of French life and culture.

It is difficult for us here in the U.S. to conceive of how the entire world would appear to us were we to be sandwiched between Germany, Spain & England, and if we had fought numerous major wars, not the least of which WWI & WWII on our very own soil.

Many people claim that France has "always been Anti-Semitic", but I don't consider them any different than Britain, or the U.S. in this respect.

Here is one of the few times I disagree with you Massuh. France is a country with deep historical culture however the France that has existed since after WW1 is another story. France is a country that is always to the contrary and mostly when it comes to dealings with the United States. I think its basically the fact that America became the dominant power in the world after WW1 and it sort of relegated France to the dust bin of smaller more inconsequential countries. Even in the colonial times the only time France ever helped  America  was to get back at its bitter enemy Brittan. In a manner of speaking America has always given  France the respect a younger person would give an older more worldly person however America has got nothing in return from France except a kick in the ass time after time. They have back room dealed America at every pass  and have cozied up to some of the most dispicable countries in the world in the process of doing it. If the Bush administration did anything right during his administration it was to show France just where they stand on the ladder of importance in world affairs. I guess they dont  like the appointed spot because old Jacques Chirac seems very unhappy. I guess I would be also  if I lost out on all that oil for food money.
Many years ago I worked with a French fellow he had been here in America for some time and became an American citizen but always referred to himself as being French. We worked in a place where we could see the concord suppersonic plane leaving Kennedy Airport at about noon time each day . This old bird would go out like clock work and practically stand at attention  watching this thing fly over. He would say look how advanced France is they have a plane like that. He was that proud of France. Well when the day came that Ronald Reagan asked France for the use of their air space to bomb Libya and France declined my old friend ceased to be a Frenchman and I never really saw him watch the Concord the same way again. I guess he finally saw the true France.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 06:59:03 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years