Author Topic: Chabad : Support of the Organization  (Read 10694 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Chabad : Support of the Organization
« on: July 01, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »
I would like to post some examples of the good which Chabad does for the Jewish people all around the world. It is amazing that people who have witnessed this incredible Chesed can turn around and accuse those who sacrifice their life for the Jewish people of worshiping idols. I have tefillin which I got from a Chabad Rabbi, I have attended Shabbatons with Chabad for almost seven years, and I have witnessed first hand how Chabad is there for Jews when there is no other Jew to help.

Chabad is an organization which helps Jews first, but also has the goal of bringing about the Moshiach, and this involves teaching the gentiles about the Noachide laws. Chabads charity organizations also help gentiles when they need help, and they most certainly are accepting of all who need their help.

If anyone has any negative comments could you please post them in another thread. This thread is intended to list the good things which Chabad as done. Surely the thread which I am responding to has gotten enough attention already. I would appreciate the respect of this wish.

Here the Rebbe gives honor to converts to Judaism.

More coming soon... Bezrat Hashem...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Chabad : Support of the Organization
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »
The Rebbe correstponded with Yitzak Shamir:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
The Chabad desire to teach, and live Torah...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »
On the Rebbes outreach to other Rabbis of his generation...

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
I have talked to a Chabad Rabbi a few times on the phone, he is always very kind and helpful,and I'm a gentile. I find it very hard to believe that a man so kind and helpful would be evil in the eyes of Hashem! :)
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
Here is the Rabbi celebrating the Siyyim (Completion of a Sepher/Book)... They finished studying Mishneh Torah, RaMBaMs monumental commentary on the Torah.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »
It is never too late for a Jew, or anyone, to do Teshuva...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
There is nothing wrong with a Jew stating clearly that he loves Jews first, and loves others second. This is the nature of a human being, to care about his brothers and sisters first, and to hold them dearer to their hearts than those who are different in faith than we are. We should not hate those who are different, and not feel superior to them, but we should not feel shame for loving our fellow Jews and Jewesses more than we love the nations.

Here the Rebbe expresses his clear love of the Jewish potential:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 05:17:06 PM »
I have talked to a Chabad Rabbi a few times on the phone, he is always very kind and helpful,and I'm a gentile. I find it very hard to believe that a man so kind and helpful would be evil in the eyes of Hashem! :)

Thank you Ephraim for your kind words toward the Rebbe.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 05:19:27 PM »
How the Rebbe inspired a Rabbi to get Smicha...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 05:27:54 PM »
Here the Rebbe relates the Halacha from Shulchan Aruch on Shabbat 329 concerning when a Jew must go to war... This is the same as most of us already know..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 05:37:14 PM »
On Jewish unity...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
The Rebbe talks at his inauguration discusses the mission of the Chabad emissaries:

It may be controversial that the Rebbe believed that Chassidut was necessary to bring Moshiach... But almost all other Chassidic Jewish groups believe that Chassidut is very important in bring Moshiach. I consider myself a Chassidic Jew and accept the value of the Rebbe as being an inspiration to his students.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 05:54:20 PM »
Here is one of my favorite Chassids in Tzfat, Rabbi Moshe of Tzfat, on Charity...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »
The Rebbe discusses one of our righteous forefathers, Joseph... Relating to the Ushpizin...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 06:20:03 PM »
Promo for a local Chabad community...

Larry King promotes Chabad of Bel Aire:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
A short bio-documentary narrated by John Voight, on the Rebbe:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »
One more then its time for a break... Here is a recollection of a meeting with the Lubavitch Rebbe.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 07:22:06 PM »
Regular Chabad members, not even rabbis (except for 1 time) helped me put on tzfillen for the first time in my life, even one on the plane ride back did (even though we had a friendly debate about how he beleives his rabbi to be the moshiah, which he responded quite eloquently to with how this great man had done much for Judasim. Even though I haven't changed my mind, this is certainly no threat to Judaism, and beleiving you don't have to follow halacha in my opinion, is a far worse beleif anyways.).

I have a family member in Chabad, and he's one of the smartest people I know.

He said to check the organization out at chabad.org/ chabadworld.net, so learn for yourselves.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 07:34:22 PM »
Regular Chabad members, not even rabbis (except for 1 time) helped me put on tzfillen for the first time in my life, even one on the plane ride back did (even though we had a friendly debate about how he beleives his rabbi to be the moshiah, which he responded quite eloquently to with how this great man had done much for Judasim. Even though I haven't changed my mind, this is certainly no threat to Judaism, and beleiving you don't have to follow halacha in my opinion, is a far worse beleif anyways.).

I have a family member in Chabad, and he's one of the smartest people I know.

He said to check the organization out at chabad.org/ chabadworld.net, so learn for yourselves.

Indeed Chabad.org is a great website with a complete TaNaKh w/Rhi on-line. And the entire Rambam Mishneh Torah is available.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »
Indeed Chabad.org is a great website with a complete TaNaKh w/Rhi on-line. And the entire Rambam Mishneh Torah is available.

What is the Rambam Mishneh Torah?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »
What is the Rambam Mishneh Torah?

The Rambam (Maimonides) wrote a sefer/book on all the mitzvot of the Torah, he enumerated them and gave sources and explanations for each of the laws.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/682956/jewish/Mishneh-Torah.htm

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/107782/jewish/Codification-of-Jewish-Law.htm

http://www.chabad.org/dailystudy/rambam_cdo/jewish/Rambam.htm

http://www.torah.org/learning/rambam/special/kapach.html

The Goal of Maimonides in the Mishneh Torah. The goal of Maimonides in the Mishneh Torah, according to his clear statement in his Introduction, is that everyone will be able to determine the halacha without the hard work of sifting out the final result from the Gemara or the words of the geonim, where one says one thing and another says a different thing. In fact the goal was not to spare work and effort, but to prevent errors by those "scholars" who see themselves as divers into the sea of the Talmud. (And who doesn’t see himself that way?) This book was intended not just to rule on simple laws that were expressly explained in it, but also for the reader to be able to compare events and occurrences that would take place in future generations and times to what is said in the book, and, according to the foundations which were established in it, to rule without hesitation.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
Here is a story about how the Rebbe increased learning of the Mishneh Torah with the blessing of Rav Ovadia Yosef...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/900030/jewish/Daily-Study-of-Maimonides-Works.htm

Daily Study of Maimonides' Works
By Dovid Zaklikowski

In the spring of 1984, the Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, of righteous memory, called for an innovative addition to the daily study schedule of every Jewish man, woman and child. He suggested that everyone study a portion of Maimonides' compendium of Jewish law, known as the Mishneh Torah or simply as Rambam.

While many people had been turning to the fourteen-volume work to supplement their study of the Talmud or Jewish law, it was not being studied as a text on its own. Maimonides' work was somewhat neglected, as the chief rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, wrote at the time, "The Rebbe brought Rambam back from being a book for scholars to being a book for the masses to study from."

Part of the reason for this neglect was because the Mishneh Torah includes many laws that are not relevant today for daily life—laws that only applied during Temple times, and will again be pertinent during the Messianic Era. So people turned, instead, to the works that focus on Jewish laws that are immediately applicable.

But it was for precisely this reason that the Rebbe recommended studying the Mishneh Torah: "It gathers all of Jewish law in a concise and clear fashion." Every individual is commanded to study the entire Torah, a goal not within reach for most people. However, it is possible to study the whole Torah as compiled by Maimonides.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »
Does that bear any relation to his Codex Aleppo that they have in the national museum of Israel?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »
Does that bear any relation to his Codex Aleppo that they have in the national museum of Israel?

No it doesnt appear to be so. I have never heard of this 'Codex Aleppo' and found the following mention of it from jewishanswers.com .

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-2989/the-aleppo-codex/?p=2989

The Aleppo Codex

Question: What is a “Codex?” I have read that it was of popular use after the scrolls, but I’m not sure exactly what it was. Can you please explain?

Answer: The term “Codex” refers to books in their modern, bound form with a cover and pages that one turns. This is as opposed to scrolls, as was common in ancient times and is preserved in our traditional, hand-written, sacred copies of books of the Jewish Bible. Of course, before the invention of the printing press, bound books with pages were also hand-written. A Torah scroll, or hand-written scroll of other books of the Bible used in synagogues, has no vowels or cantillation marks for the reader. Therefore, they must be memorized before reading in the synagogue. The earliest documents we have that record vowels and cantillations are in codice. There existed the traditions for the vowels and cantillations back to Moses at Sinai, but those were memorized. Eventually, scholars wrote down these traditions in the form of the vowel and cantillation marks we have today. One of the most famous and authoritative codice known is the Keter Aram Soba – or the Aleppo Codex, a copy of the Hebrew Bible with vowels and cantillation marks that was hand-copied in the 10th Century of the common era. This copy of the Hebrew Bible was actually used by Maimonides to study the nuances of the traditions of the Hebrew Bible (at the time the text was housed in the Cairo Synagogue). Maimonides descendants brought the text to the city of Aleppo, Syria in the late 1300’s, where it remained for five hundred years. Although parts of this book are missing, most of it is in Israel today, where it remains in the Shrine of the Book at the Israel Museum. Other famous codice of the Hebrew Bible include the Leningrad Codex and the Cairo Codex. However, the Aleppo Codex is considered to be the most accurate in traditional, Jewish circles. Early codice of the Talmud also exist, as well as other important books of Torah literature.