Author Topic: Presbyterians Narrowly Defeat Divestiture  (Read 697 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Presbyterians Narrowly Defeat Divestiture
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:39:02 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/244232
By a vote of 333-331 with two abstentions, the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA) voted, Thursday, to defeat a resolution to remove Caterpillar, Hewlitt-Packard and Motorola from its investment portfolio, according to the Associated Press. A committee had cited Caterpillar for supplying bulldozers for the demolition of Arab homes, Motorola for providing cell phone technology to Jewish communities in Judea and Samaria, and Hewlett-Packard for managing information technology for the Israeli Navy.

Supporters of divestiture said they will try again, next year. The assembly did pass a resolution promoting investment for peace.
It is too time consuming a project for me, but if someone has time on his hands, a good idea would to make a list of companies that deal with the Presbyterian Church, to divest from, if the Presbyterian Church, tries again next year to divest from Israel.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Re: Presbyterians Narrowly Defeat Divestiture
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 01:54:25 AM »
Or maybe, we should think of ways of punishing that Church for even bringing the issue of Divestment to vote?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:53 AM »
I hate those liberal churches. If they care so much about human rights why don't they care about the rights of the Jewish settlers and their children?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 05:15:51 AM »
I hate those liberal churches. If they care so much about human rights why don't they care about the rights of the Jewish settlers and their children?
I don't think they care that much for other Christians even. Lots of Christians are severely persecuted in the Islamic world.

I think this congregation is mainly composed of the blame America, Israel, and the white male crowd.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
    • KrumTheBulgar (YouTube)
SHAME!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 05:53:02 PM »
I know many Presbyterians who are very religious and pious people and conservatives who support Israel and Jews! I don't blame all of them for this bullsh*t, just their leaders!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 12:42:30 PM »
I don't think they care that much for other Christians even. Lots of Christians are severely persecuted in the Islamic world.

I think this congregation is mainly composed of the blame America, Israel, and the white male crowd.

This is true. Once it was a good confession, but now it is transformed into a bolschewik political movement.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 01:47:58 PM »
I read somewhere that they voted to boycott specific Israeli companies like Ahava and Soda Stream, because they operate in Judea and Samaria.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
    • KrumTheBulgar (YouTube)
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »
I know a Presbyterian woman here in Manhattan for example. She is very pious, a good Christian, conservative and very friendly and warm person. She is disgust by fakestinians and supports Israel morally. She is very involve in church, maybe a little mor than she needs to be but just out of her own will. She is a great-grandmother who does everything for family and community including charity and also some for Israel. She hates no one just "hate the sin not sinner" thing. For me she is a symbol of a good religious person- she is faithful, hardworking, and forgiving. But I think her church leaders take advantage of people like her. They know good Christians who are hardworking and volunteer at church on their own time and exploit them, which makes me sickened. Corrupt leftist elite victimizing churchgoers like this is one of the worst things the leftists do in America.