Author Topic: Affirmative Action Hair - Imerica Talks About Dem African Braids, UMM HMM!  (Read 28810 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Well Imerica - I went to a fully integrated NYC public highschool.  The black kids I went to school with did not speak ebonics.  To me it seems a step has been taken - backwards.  I could at least understand my black classmates.  If they have not learned to speak proper english by now - I think it must be hopeless.
Why do you think they haven't learned to speak proper english?  I won't buy any answer that has the word slavery in it - it was just too long ago!  
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Imerica

Well Imerica - I went to a fully integrated NYC public highschool.  The black kids I went to school with did not speak ebonics.  To me it seems a step has been taken - backwards.  I could at least understand my black classmates.  If they have not learned to speak proper english by now - I think it must be hopeless.
Why do you think they haven't learned to speak proper english?  I won't buy any answer that has the word slavery in it - it was just too long ago!  
Well, just like racism has been passed down since before slavery, bullcat, so has the language of slaves. So whether you agree with it or not, it is what it is. WHen I was growing up I knew a woman who lived in the same building we did and she was only recognized by her children as "Mu'Dea" which in the South, means Mother Dear. She often spake with ebonics much older than what the young people are speaking now. Its something she grew up with and couldn't shake because she was the decendant of slaves in the South. She had 14 children...most of them made something of themselves and got their education without having to use the ebonics they'd grew up listening to from their mom. A couple went to jail for stupid things..things that they had choices not to do. But my point is that speaking ebonics dosen't have to mean the ending of the black race. As long as there are young black children, there's always a chance to change the outcome of their lives...as well as the way they communicate verbally. It may have gone a step backwards but guess what that's how it is in the South. There are people who still haven't gotten out of the 'slave talk' stage there. There are WHITE Southerners also who speak a improper English. So many blacks were so uneducated for so long that they got stuck. Then the blame game started. Like I said, somewhere someone dropped the ball and now young blacks have to pay for it.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Well, just like racism has been passed down since before slavery, bullcat, so has the language of slaves. So whether you agree with it or not, it is what it is. WHen I was growing up I knew a woman who lived in the same building we did and she was only recognized by her children as "Mu'Dea" which in the South, means Mother Dear. She often spake with ebonics much older than what the young people are speaking now. Its something she grew up with and couldn't shake because she was the decendant of slaves in the South. She had 14 children...most of them made something of themselves and got their education without having to use the ebonics they'd grew up listening to from their mom. A couple went to jail for stupid things..things that they had choices not to do. But my point is that speaking ebonics dosen't have to mean the ending of the black race. As long as there are young black children, there's always a chance to change the outcome of their lives...as well as the way they communicate verbally. It may have gone a step backwards but guess what that's how it is in the South. There are people who still haven't gotten out of the 'slave talk' stage there. There are WHITE Southerners also who speak a improper English. So many blacks were so uneducated for so long that they got stuck. Then the blame game started. Like I said, somewhere someone dropped the ball and now young blacks have to pay for it.
I like how you squeezed in the line about racism being handed down from before slavery - whatever that means.  So I'll squeeze in my thoughts on that one.  I learned to have the prejudices I do from life experiences.  For one thing my parents are not racists - just realists.  They tried to hand me down good judgement . I'm sorry if your parents handed down racism to you.
How far out are we from slavery?
You are just making excuses.  There are people who come from other countries - speaking no english - who learn to speak proper english rather quickly.  So I want to know what makes blacks different.  Why would a black in NYC or LA speak ebonics?  Unless they are homeschooled by Mu'Dea.

Imerica

I like how you squeezed in the line about racism being handed down from before slavery - whatever that means.  So I'll squeeze in my thoughts on that one.  I learned to have the prejudices I do from life experiences.  For one thing my parents are not racists - just realists.  They tried to hand me down good judgement . I'm sorry if your parents handed down racism to you.
How far out are we from slavery?
You are just making excuses.  There are people who come from other countries - speaking no english - who learn to speak proper english rather quickly.  So I want to know what makes blacks different.  Why would a black in NYC or LA speak ebonics?  Unless they are homeschooled by Mu'Dea.

You don't believe that racism existed before slavery began? Wow... and all this talk about how Jews were wronged (which I agree with...just being sarcastic). YOU ASKED about ebonics. I TOLD YOU where it came from. AND I EVEN AGREED that its taken some blacks backward..but again, you and your selective reading. ::) A lot of times people from other countries aren't put up with people in the hood who speak ebonics. The reason they know Proper English is because an educated white person taught it to them. In some cases Educated Blacks teach people from other countries how to speak English.

If you had grown up where I did, you'd come out of the situation either speaking the way people speak to you or speaking proper English. If I'd grown up where you did, my ennunciation verbally would be a lot more refined.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Racism is a word you seem to like to throw around alot.  I'm sure prejudice has been around a long time.  I don't think most of the time it is about the color of a person's skin.  I think more that it is related to the behavior of a person or group. 
Racism against whites may have been passed down among your people.
My parents did not spend time teaching me to hate people because of their skin color.
I am very wary of black people though -you know who may have had a hand in that - the black rapist of my aunt, the black gunman who held a gun to my mother's head during a robbery and the black murderer of my 19 year old cousin.
I read very well - so well - that I see how you select not to answer my questions.  What excuse is there for a black child to speak ebonics if he attends school in NYC or LA?  Are they not able to learn in school?  Is the asbestos and bad books keeping them down.  My cousin speaks the language of her parents birthplace in the home and in her community.  She entered first grade not speaking a word of english.  She just finished her first year of college(fully paid for by scholarships).  Apparently she could learn American despite what language is spoken in her home - because it was important for her and her parents to attempt to do so.  The reason another language was spoken at home was to communicate with the elder members of the family.
Anyway whatever - no point debating the issue - when you can't  you always try to insinuate I'm dumb or racist. 
You should get rid of that chip on your shoulder (the one that always causes you to cry racism) it must be very heavy.

PS - after I posted this - I read that you are leaving the forum - so I feel a little bad - but it is still how I feel - hope we debate again in the future  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:45:16 PM by bullcat3 »

Imerica

Racism is a word you seem to like to throw around alot.  I'm sure prejudice has been around a long time.  I don't think most of the time it is about the color of a person's skin.  I think more that it is related to the behavior of a person or group. 
Racism against whites may have been passed down among your people.
My parents did not spend time teaching me to hate people because of their skin color.
I am very wary of black people though -you know who may have had a hand in that - the black rapist of my aunt, the black gunman who held a gun to my mother's head during a robbery and the black murderer of my 19 year old cousin.
I read very well - so well - that I see how you select not to answer my questions.  What excuse is there for a black child to speak ebonics if he attends school in NYC or LA?  Are they not able to learn in school?  Is the asbestos and bad books keeping them down.  My cousin speaks the language of her parents birthplace in the home and in her community.  She entered first grade not speaking a word of english.  She just finished her first year of college(fully paid for by scholarships).  Apparently she could learn American despite what language is spoken in her home - because it was important for her and her parents to attempt to do so.  The reason another language was spoken at home was to communicate with the elder members of the family.
Anyway whatever - no point debating the issue - when you can't  you always try to insinuate I'm dumb or racist. 
You should get rid of that chip on your shoulder (the one that always causes you to cry racism) it must be very heavy.

Who called you a racist, bullcat? No one. You mentioned that I throw racism around a lot... I have pointed the finger at a few people here who in fact ARE racists but never you. You seem to be the one with the chip on your shoulder. Its understandable that you'd be wary of black people from the personal experiences you had. They were terrible. But my experiences with the white people who have been less than kind to me should make me wary of white people as well, wouldn't you think. But since I don't blame YOU for what happened to me by white people in the past, I'd think you'd understand. How wrong I was.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I hate that word racism - because in my mind it makes it all about skin color - so sorry if I jumped on it.
I just want you to understand why I feel the way I do. 
Behavior counts.  Young people in general should be taught that.
Regardless of skin color.  That is why I feel -  parents today who know better should try to eliminate ebonics.
Believe me - I could understand you being wary of white people.
Maybe I do have a chip on my shoulder - but that chip is not related to anyone's skin color.
Anyway I'm dozng as I'm writing -so nothing good could come out of these fingers. 
Good Night Imerica.

Imerica

I hate that word racism - because in my mind it makes it all about skin color - so sorry if I jumped on it.
I just want you to understand why I feel the way I do. 
Behavior counts.  Young people in general should be taught that.
Regardless of skin color.  That is why I feel -  parents today who know better should try to eliminate ebonics.
Believe me - I could understand you being wary of white people.
Maybe I do have a chip on my shoulder - but that chip is not related to anyone's skin color.
Anyway I'm dozng as I'm writing -so nothing good could come out of these fingers. 
Good Night Imerica.

I understand everything you're feeling bullcat. I always have. You and danny have been two of the people here who I disagree with on a daily basis but can find common ground with because at the end of the day, evil people still suck!lol I think race is culture. Not color. My tint dosen't make me better or worse than you are. Its still skin, afterall. lol WHat I DO in this skin would make me either as good as you are or worse than you are. :)

newman

Don't go Imerica :'(

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
The use of ebonics should be put to an end - period - it sounds dumb wherever it is used  ;)
I dont' think it should be put to an end because it is part of the evolution of blacks speaking in America. Some haven't learned to speak proper English yet but at least the kids are more than likely better equipt to learn to speak proper English because of the way school is taught nowadays. That's what I hope to conquer when I become a teacher.
What the Hell is this?  Evolution?  I'd say digression if anything....  If they haven't learned how to speak proper English by attending free, and subsidized eduction there is no hope.  Personally, I think there is much more to it then that.  I went to school with Blacks.  I speak proper English and they choose to speak Ebonics b'cuz dat be coo.  I hope when you become a teacher you have a sign on the board "SPEAK ENGLISH"  That way perhaps, if your students can read, they'll get the hint that societal digression is what plagues the Black communities not "evolution".  I wish you the best of luck Imerica in your profession and everything else you do.  I know we butted heads on somethings and agreed on others.  Best of luck to you and G-d bless....  Perhaps you can be the savior or Massiahess for the black community by becoming an activist advocating the just and moral obligation to support Africa/ans to build a functioning moral society fit for a mass righteous return...... :)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
How did she disappear from this forum anyway? Was she banned or did she delete her account?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

newman

How did she disappear from this forum anyway? Was she banned or did she delete her account?

She needed to quit to concentrate on her studies. She said she was addicted. :laugh:

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Fear not. Like herpes, she'll be back.

Ebonics was bad enough, but now it's morphing into something I call Arabonics.

"You best free Mumia or we's gonna go jeeeehad on yo ass."

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Fear not. Like herpes, she'll be back.

Ebonics was bad enough, but now it's morphing into something I call Arabonics.

"You best free Mumia or we's gonna go jeeeehad on yo ass."
:D ;D :D ;) :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Imerica

She needed to quit to concentrate on her studies. She said she was addicted. :laugh:
And you see I'm still here, right. I told any of the mods to ban me if I came back. lol CF lied and said that I lied that I was leaving...I didn't lie, just missed my exit. lol