Author Topic: For the Record : College is a Scam  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
For the Record : College is a Scam
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:51:50 AM »
I guess it could be in some situations: 

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: For the Record : College is a Scam
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 05:28:54 AM »
People need to have some goal in mind when attending college... For many people college is a social situation and nothing more... About the only winners in the system are the affirmative action students who get educated on the taxpayer dollar... At the end of the day between affirmative action hiring practices and the glut of people with degrees many people who payed big money for a wall hanging with their name on it don't get the job they were educated to do.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »
There is no chance in this environment to get ahead without any degree. You can still find 25-35k job without degree, pushing documents in some bank, but that is it.
I would suggest kids from north to come over here to Florida and get their degree from good public school at cost of 5000$ year. Accounting and finance jobs are moving to south at very fast rate. There are no state taxes in Florida and I believe you much better off with college degree with most 30,000 in debt than with 150,000 tuition cost in north and jobs paying 15,000 more a year. 
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
Colleges do their very best to brainwash people with their insidious liberal pieties, but it dosen't mean college is a scam, you learn some things in there with the gunk. I wish we had that but scrubbed on google and I could could get a degree after figuring a profession out, but if you can't buy everything you have to have a piece of paper that says "give me more money" and then after a while you can.

25k job?
Yeah. Please send me their fax so I can send a resume.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »
LKZ are you posting on rubys video?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 03:44:59 AM »

I think were getting off topic here.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »
People need to have some goal in mind when attending college... For many people college is a social situation and nothing more... About the only winners in the system are the affirmative action students who get educated on the taxpayer dollar... At the end of the day between affirmative action hiring practices and the glut of people with degrees many people who payed big money for a wall hanging with their name on it don't get the job they were educated to do.

Does affirmative action extend to Orthodox Jews? If so, I'll take it!

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 02:03:44 PM »
25k job?
Yeah. Please send me their fax so I can send a resume.
No problem. You must be ready to relocate? Send me you resume on PP, and I will do research on job posting numbers that I am sure you could qualify for.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »
No problem. You must be ready to relocate? Send me you resume on PP, and I will do research on job posting numbers that I am sure you could qualify for.

I would not enter into a career for 25 measly k a year. This is why there is college, so that we do not have to get paid 25k a year. Now liberals have decided to go into these places and convince everyone to be broke through doctors without borders, lesbian animal sex activists, or some other glorified hippy (although some doctors without borders really think that they make a difference to backward cultures, and that they'll actually be thankful a year down the road), but college still makes a difference.

If you think you're gonna work as a plumber and actually save your money instead of just get drunk to ignore your life's ails every day, fine statistically speaking you'll end up with more money (unless you aren't very good with investments), but I honestly could not resign myself to that. I am proud and honored by everyday heroes who keep the country together with their 25k jobs, but I am less... commendable. I like marketing, and directing it at people with more than 25k. And that's because I simply like money. I don't love it, but I do like to have more than other people. I don't feel better than them, but its like... you know all the ways they act around you like you're something different. Don't judge me here, I probably didn't say this right.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 12:05:04 AM »

Yes. Which comment did I definitely post? Ooh and which video.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 12:07:55 AM »
Computer Software Engineering has been a profession which has been VERY VERY good to me.

I have been working in this field since I was 15 years old, have a natural talent when it comes to programming and engineering complex computer systems. I have been gainfully employed, and have gotten raises and increases every year, till I make over 100K a year {I will not say how much more}.... And there is even a bigger miracle which I wont reveal yet...

I suggest to everyone who has the capability to go into software engineering. Even in these tough times I get 2-3 headhunters (Per Week) calling me trying to fill positions for engineers. Many companies in Silicon Valley are bringing H1B visa workers into US because there is such a shortage of good computer engineers.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »
Yes. Which comment did I definitely post? Ooh and which video.
I was asking you dick! So I knew if it was a troll! But I guess I was wrong your a troll too!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 12:12:52 AM »
Computer Software Engineering has been a profession which has been VERY VERY good to me.

I have been working in this field since I was 15 years old, have a natural talent when it comes to programming and engineering complex computer systems. I have been gainfully employed, and have gotten raises and increases every year, till I make over 100K a year {I will not say how much more}.... And there is even a bigger miracle which I wont reveal yet...

I suggest to everyone who has the capability to go into software engineering. Even in these tough times I get 2-3 headhunters (Per Week) calling me trying to fill positions for engineers. Many companies in Silicon Valley are bringing H1B visa workers into US because there is such a shortage of good computer engineers.
make aliyah! Israel is the place for computer engineers right now, it will outgrow silicon valley in tech output soon.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 12:13:50 AM »
make aliyah! Israel is the place for computer engineers right now, it will outgrow silicon valley in tech output soon.

When I make Aliyah I know there will be a need for my skills. I have done work with several Israeli companies and know exactly where I would fit in...

I look forward to it..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »
When I make Aliyah I know there will be a need for my skills. I have done work with several Israeli companies and know exactly where I would fit in...

I look forward to it..

whats holding you back?

go go go

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 12:24:54 AM »
Sorry! C.K.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 12:54:24 AM »
I was asking you dick! So I knew if it was a troll! But I guess I was wrong your a troll too!

previous quote translated from:
Ah wawa you a dick. So you ih wawawa nooo. I'm wrong you troll bouhouhouhou.

You shouldn't take "business" personally, Mr. Anti-troll troll. Since day one you've been after me, so just spit out your accusation finally and I'll laugh or state the obvious and we can be done with this.

On a side note, the first thing I thought of you was some kind of saboteur that tries to scare everyone away with your accusations, but can't be kicked off because even if everything you say is simplistic or outright wrong, you look like you're trying to agree with everyone or you take correction very well from the others, so you can't really be kicked out.

Now you know what I think of you, so go on now and shoot, if you got the manliness to speak your head.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 03:24:38 AM »
Enough of this Ephraim.... This is not what should be going on in the forums. We will know a troll when he reveals himself. There is no need to provoke anyone.

I know you have suspicions about who is a troll and who is not. But that is not what we should be spending our time worrying about. I have not seen anything suspicious about LKZ so just let this go...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 03:26:55 AM »
previous quote translated from:
Ah wawa you a dick. So you ih wawawa nooo. I'm wrong you troll bouhouhouhou.

You shouldn't take "business" personally, Mr. Anti-troll troll. Since day one you've been after me, so just spit out your accusation finally and I'll laugh or state the obvious and we can be done with this.

On a side note, the first thing I thought of you was some kind of saboteur that tries to scare everyone away with your accusations, but can't be kicked off because even if everything you say is simplistic or outright wrong, you look like you're trying to agree with everyone or you take correction very well from the others, so you can't really be kicked out.

Now you know what I think of you, so go on now and shoot, if you got the manliness to speak your head.

LKZ,

This kind of response is childish. I realize you feel provoked and I know I have said things when I felt provoked so it is understandable. I don't think you are a troll but it doesn't matter to me. What matters is that we try to have adult and productive threads. Personal issues should be dealt with elsewhere, or through PM.

I think we should let this thread rest for a while.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 04:12:31 AM »
OK, but he still thinks I'm a troll. I need to hear his complete accusation out, I'm not violent or angry, and I'll have the patience to put his concerns to rest, but he is holding some in him and if they don't come out he's gonna keep suspecting me. Add me on FB if you want Ephraim and you can verify my purported trollhood there, but I need your accusation first in case you're one of those repitle alien guys, and I don't really want to add anyone that believes that. That was a joke, but if I give one example of a worry I can give 100, so spill the beans buddy: why do you think that I am a troll, and which troll or which kind of troll do you believe me to be.

I also do not have a youtube account that I've used more than once, except for one for work, so no, I never comment on any videos. Who is this person and what did he say on Rubystars' video that reminded you of me to start with.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 07:19:10 AM »
I would not enter into a career for 25 measly k a year. This is why there is college, so that we do not have to get paid 25k a year. Now liberals have decided to go into these places and convince everyone to be broke through doctors without borders, lesbian animal sex activists, or some other glorified hippy (although some doctors without borders really think that they make a difference to backward cultures, and that they'll actually be thankful a year down the road), but college still makes a difference.

If you think you're gonna work as a plumber and actually save your money instead of just get drunk to ignore your life's ails every day, fine statistically speaking you'll end up with more money (unless you aren't very good with investments), but I honestly could not resign myself to that. I am proud and honored by everyday heroes who keep the country together with their 25k jobs, but I am less... commendable. I like marketing, and directing it at people with more than 25k. And that's because I simply like money. I don't love it, but I do like to have more than other people. I don't feel better than them, but its like... you know all the ways they act around you like you're something different. Don't judge me here, I probably didn't say this right.
I did not say I will find you 25K but that I will search for jobs you could qualify for based on your education and experience. Where I work 25k is the lowest salary.
And yes, don't judge me based on my writing skills ;D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:06:11 AM by serbian army »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »
I did not say I will find you 25K but that I will search for jobs you could qualify for based on your education and experience. Where I work 25k is the lowest salary.
And yes, don't judge me based on my writing skills ;D

I don't believe I did and at any rate, I'm not. Thanks for that though, if I'm ever broke then you'll be saving me... I'm sure you saw before, but I'll send you a link with what I do, and if you know any companies that could use the products I sell, tell me, and I'll cut you in very generously, considering your personality and desire to see civilization survive. Its the little things that make all the difference.