Author Topic: Special Olympics/Paraolympics  (Read 6211 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Special Olympics/Paraolympics
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »
I think his intentions were good. He wasn't bashing the athletes, he was bashing the Kennedys.
I disagree, it was the homorangers intention to insult people!

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,62653.msg553441.html#msg553441

From homoranger!I will boycott the Special Olympics because it is chaired by the devil Timothy Shriver of Kennedy infamy started because they are trying to assuage their guilt over the family's destruction of Rosemary Kennedy and because I can't stand wheelchair gimps.

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
I disagree, it was the homorangers intention to insult people!

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,62653.msg553441.html#msg553441

From homoranger!I will boycott the Special Olympics because it is chaired by the devil Timothy Shriver of Kennedy infamy started because they are trying to assuage their guilt over the family's destruction of Rosemary Kennedy and because I can't stand wheelchair gimps.

Sincerely, the anti troll troll.

I was wrong. I will never forgive the bastard. I hope he gets banned.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »
I was wrong. I will never forgive the bastard. I hope he gets banned.
Sorry buddy!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 06:43:40 PM »
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
What do you mean?
"sorry"that this jerk said these things.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »

I stand corrected.      The individual who started this thread lost credibility as a result of the horrific comment about people in wheelchairs.

Having said that,   this is still a learning opportunity.     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
"sorry"that this jerk said these things.

I see your point. I think he signed up just to insult Special Olympics. I bet he can't even beat a blind man in Special Olympics.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »
Same here. You people can learn a lot from this thread. Special Olympics has done a lot for me and I will continue doing it for the rest of my life.

YSB, what kind of handicap do you have and which sports have you competed in?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 07:01:11 PM »
YSB, what kind of handicap do you have and which sports have you competed in?

Autism, and I play mostly all sports. But my most favorite sports are golf and soccer. I have competed in the 2003 World Games in Ireland and the 2007 World Games in China.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
Oh, I thought I saw that comment about the "gimps" somewhere, but I wasn't sure because I'm fasting and things aren't so clear at the moment. Yeah, that's a horrible thing to say.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 07:30:57 PM »
Oh, I thought I saw that comment about the "gimps" somewhere, but I wasn't sure because I'm fasting and things aren't so clear at the moment. Yeah, that's a horrible thing to say.

Well I'm glad he didn't used the "R" word which is very offensive to people with disabilities but still it wasn't a nice thing to say. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:18:15 PM by YemachshemotoObama »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 02:19:51 AM »
I hope you guys are aware I compete in the Special Olympics and I was very offended by his post.

Of course.  You have every right to be.   It was an extremely insensitive and offensive thread.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 06:17:51 AM »
I've actually noticed that the original poster never really responds to his own threads.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 07:19:26 AM »
I've actually noticed that the original poster never really responds to his own threads.

I'm surprised. I know if he had the chance he would.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2012, 09:32:38 AM »
Will you be on TV? Are you in London now?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2012, 09:44:25 AM »

Troll-like behavior.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
Autism, and I play mostly all sports. But my most favorite sports are golf and soccer. I have competed in the 2003 World Games in Ireland and the 2007 World Games in China.

Wait, if you're autistic how are you communicating with us? I thought autistic people couldn't talk or function properly. Is it mild? I hope Hashem cures you.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2012, 11:55:43 AM »
That was one of the best episodes lol

"Oh... Nno, sweetie. I believe those Olympics are just for ..."special" children"

"I'm not special? I thoght you always said I was special."

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »
Wait, if you're autistic how are you communicating with us? I thought autistic people couldn't talk or function properly. Is it mild? I hope Hashem cures you.

My heart skipped a beat just now because I thought I wrote "curses" instead of "cures". I'm losing it.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »
"Oh... Nno, sweetie. I believe those Olympics are just for ..."special" children"

"I'm not special? I thoght you always said I was special."

:::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2012, 01:47:42 PM »
Not all individuals, but many people with autism are actually more intelligent than the average person. Really severe autism can be bad for the individual with it, but when it comes to milder autism I think we would overall benefit if we had more autistic members because they can look at things from a different perspective and give more insights because of that. A lot of times it just means someone's wired differently, not necessarily bad just different. There is no cure and maybe it's not right to look for one except in helping the most severe cases because it's a natural variation and not necessarily a disease.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »
I'm not a hardcore fan of South Park, but I do agree even if I do compete in the Special Olympics.

I thought it was good because Cartman got his butt handed to him after he thought he could go in there and have an unfair advantage. He underestimated them.  ;D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
I thought it was good because Cartman got his butt handed to him after he thought he could go in there and have an unfair advantage. He underestimated them.  ;D

While we are on that subject I love how they were at the end of the episode calling Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, and Jason Giambi cheaters in an indirect way because of their steroid or growth hormone use.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
I'm surprised. I know if he had the chance he would.

You may find this story timely...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/158424#.UBbgp8ePWqo

International Autism Experts Gather for Jerusalem Conference

Autism experts from around the world are gathering in Jerusalem to exchange updated research at the International ICare4Autism Conference.
Hana Levi Julian, MSW, LCSW-R

Autism experts from around the world are expected to arrive Tuesday in Jerusalem to exchange updated research about the condition at the International ICare4Autism Conference.

The two-day conference, “Autism: A Global Perspective” will be held at Jerusalem's International Conference Center (Binyanei Ha'Uma) on Wednesday and Thursday.

Opening remarks to kick off the program will be delivered by Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat, followed by Mrs. Marta Linares de Martinelli, First Lady of the Republic of Panama.

Greetings will also be delivered by Dr. Shekhar Saxena, director of the World Health Organization's Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse, Switzerland, and Mrs. Dalit Stauber, director general of Israel's Ministry of Education.

There will be a special performance by the Autistic Boys' Choir at the ORT School in Kiryat Bialik as well.

"We have entered a new age of autism, characterized on the one hand by unprecedented incidence, and on the other by advanced research, earlier diagnosis and progressively more effective intervention,” explained Dr. Joshua Weinstein, CEO and founder of the Icare4Autism organization.

"The evidence is clear – autism and hope are no longer mutually exclusive, but the need for action has never been more urgent.”

Also speaking at the conference will be Dame Stephanie Shirley, who as a child was rescued from Germany as a child through the Kindertransport and escaped to the UK to eventually become the country's first Ambassador of Philanthropy. Dame Shirley's son, who was autistic, died at the age of 35
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »

It is very mild. I actually have high-functioning Autism. Most individuals with high-functioning Autism.