Author Topic: Brown vs. Board of ED  (Read 2475 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Brown vs. Board of ED
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »
It meant that people shouldn't be forced to go to a specific school based on the color of their skin or be denied from their own district for the same reasons. 

The liberals misinterpret the initial ruling that was given about 50 years ago. 

They think it's a mandate to have massive racial integration by forcing people to go to schools that are in different districts.  If liberals think there's racial segregation by districts, well, it's by choice.  People tend to like to live near people who are similar to them.  Liberals don't seem to understand this. 

Also, the recent ruling just says that race can't be the only factor when trying to force students to attend certain schools.  So school districts will probably pretend that they're using other factors when they're truly just making decisions based on race. 

Clarence Thomas, who is Black, believes that most liberals misinterpret it. 

newman

Re: Brown vs. Board of ED
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 10:26:35 AM »
Is there anything based in reallity or logic that liberals do understand?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 10:27:38 AM »
Is there anything based in reallity or logic that liberals do understand?

I can't think of anything.

It's just frustrating that people believe the liberal lies.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 10:29:59 AM by RationalThought110 »

newman

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »
They've been conditioned by the liberal media to feel guilty if they don't.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 10:42:35 AM »

I also don't believe the claims that many people who graduate from high school don't know how to read.  I think liberals are making this up just so they could come up with an excuse for a new policy that would make things worse.

newman

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »

I also don't believe the claims that many people who graduate from high school don't know how to read.  I think liberals are making this up just so they could come up with an excuse for a new policy that would make things worse.

...........and raise taxes to pay for whatever half baked idea they come up with.

Offline fjack

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 02:52:16 PM »
Dear Rational, it is very common in New York City to see high school graduates who can neither read nor write. As a matter of fact, when I went back to college there were numerous remediation classes for all the black males and females who could not read nor do simple calculations. There is also a public school teacher who lives in my building who teacher trains and who told me that some of the college gradutes who are education majors cannot read simple instructions never mind planning out a teacher schedule. When they say that inner city youth cannot read nor write, believe it.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 02:59:54 PM »
I'm liberal and I strongly believe that people should go to their own zoned schools. The exceptions would be if certain students require a special program to meet their needs which can only be fulfilled by going outside their zoned schools. But I don't believe that race should play a factor at all. Plus, I fully agree with the latest supreme court decision. So how's that for a liberal anomaly?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 03:07:43 PM »
I'm liberal and I strongly believe that people should go to their own zoned schools. The exceptions would be if certain students require a special program to meet their needs which can only be fulfilled by going outside their zoned schools. But I don't believe that race should play a factor at all. Plus, I fully agree with the latest supreme court decision. So how's that for a liberal anomaly?
Thats almost a conflict of interest. You may not be a liberal with convictions. You may be a moderate with Liberal leanings.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years