Author Topic: Guns - got any?  (Read 13945 times)

Offline HECKLER

• New JTFer
Guns - got any?
« on: June 30, 2007, 05:04:48 PM »
Do you all have what you need in order to take up the fight when it comes?

I hope this isn't a no-no topic in here, and although I am slightly apprehensive about discussing what, how many and how much I have when it comes to weapons, I don't think anyone can easily outgun me, especially not with my ..situation.

So what guns (if any) do you have, my fellow europeans?

My particulare favorite so far is my 9mm H&K USP, it eats Fiocchi 123 grain 9mm truncated cone, 1250 fps 425 ft-lbs ammunition, (probably more speed out of my silenced barrel),
which I now get a special price on for buying thousands and thousands of rounds from my local dealer at a time ;-)
It is not by far my most powerful military weapon, but I like the diversity and extreme usability.

Although I am totally slobbering over either a SAAB Bofors CBJ MS Uzi-style machine pistol, or alternatively a Brügger Thomet MP9. Both in full auto of course, although I can never get it legally (as a civilian that is.)

I need full auto 9mm to get up to an acceptable level of firepower for close range. But doesn't look like it's going to happen in THIS country.

The 9mm is my favorite round ever, and I wish I had become a gunsmith so I could improve on 9mm auto designs. ( I also have a physical HUNGER for metalworking just like people are hungry for food) and I think EVERYONE should have a fully automatic Uzi/B+T type machine pistol on them at all times.

newman

Re: Guns - got any?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 05:11:41 PM »
When trouble starts, Heckler keep your guns hidden incase the government tries to confiscate.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »
In America, it depends on what State you live in, as the gun laws vary.  In New York, it's nearly impossible to be legally armed. 

Offline HECKLER

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 06:21:29 PM »
Newman, the government aint got bollocks on us in the voluntary rifle brigades.
Serving guerrilla style mayhem and constitutional security since 1893.

I know I said "as a civilian", but what I really meant to say was "privately".

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 06:55:54 PM »
What do you do with these guns?

I'd rather use a slingshot. :laugh:

Offline HECKLER

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »
Sarah, my pistol IS a sling, it just throws cone-shaped lead-filled copper balls straight and consistently at 1250 feet per second, and can punch a hole through people because of their strength and speed. 

:-)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »
In America, it depends on what State you live in, as the gun laws vary.  In New York, it's nearly impossible to be legally armed. 

True for any firearm in New York City but not the rest of the state.  I legally own a Remington 710 30-06 cal., an AR-7 Industries AR-20 .22 cal., a Mossberg 500 20 gauge and a Mossberg (marketed as a Mongomery-Ward) 12 gauge shotgun.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 09:29:47 PM »

True for any firearm in New York City but not the rest of the state.  I legally own a Remington 710 30-06 cal., an AR-7 Industries AR-20 .22 cal., a Mossberg 500 20 gauge and a Mossberg (marketed as a Mongomery-Ward) 12 gauge shotgun.

You can own long arms in NYC can't you?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 09:33:54 PM »
Yes however it must be registered.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 09:38:12 PM »
Yes however it must be registered.

First registration, then confiscation. You need a registered one for the range and to justify your ammo purchases and a second out-of-state one as a back-up.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 09:39:46 PM »
How does anyone in Manhattan get an out of state weapon for backup?  How does that work? 

newman

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 09:44:52 PM »
How does anyone in Manhattan get an out of state weapon for backup?  How does that work? 

You buy one at a gun show out of state and keep it unregistered and hidden in NYC. That way, when trouble starts and the schwartza loving NYC council starts confiscating the law abiding citezens' registered guns (like they did in New Orleans), you've got your 'spare' to bug out with.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 09:58:17 PM »
It may be different now its been several years since I lived in the city limits. Back then you could own a shot gun or rifle but it had to be registered with the department of Alcohol and Tobacco. Today I think they have a regular department. I guess if you buy it from a private owner its up to the buyer to register it. Gun dealers would more than likely do it for you. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 12:40:54 AM »
My father have a gun in his room, i saw the gun and the bullets once, it was nice, a weapon for emergency :laugh:
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 12:44:27 AM »
My father have a gun in his room, i saw the gun and the bullets once, it was nice, a weapon for emergency :laugh:

How easy is it to own a gun in Israel if you  are not in the army?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 12:59:16 AM »

my father is a policeman, dont worrie
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 01:07:15 AM »

What is his gun? Barak, Jericho 941 or sig Sauer?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 01:12:13 AM »

What is his gun? Barak, Jericho 941 or sig Sauer?
dont know..

- Friedrich Nietzsche

newman

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 11:18:07 AM »
Hey Cohen,

The yugo sks models don't have chrome bores and the corrosive 7.62 x 39 ammo kills them. Try and get a chinese one as the bores and chambers are chrome lined.

The USP 45 is really nice. You guys are lucky as hell to live in the USA. It's the only country in the world where people can defend themselves against a lethal threat. I assume you live in Florida where the concealed carry permits reduced crime.

newman

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 01:23:30 PM »
Hey Cohen,

The yugo sks models don't have chrome bores and the corrosive 7.62 x 39 ammo kills them. Try and get a chinese one as the bores and chambers are chrome lined.

The USP 45 is really nice. You guys are lucky as hell to live in the USA. It's the only country in the world where people can defend themselves against a lethal threat. I assume you live in Florida where the concealed carry permits reduced crime.

Yes I live in Florida :), panhandle region to be exact (Redneck Revere). That would make me a Redneck Jew.

I agree I love the USP, I have some German background in me from my mothers side so I certainly felt the need to own some quality German engineering.

Is there an alternative to the Chinese SKS? I try in every way possible to avoid Chinese products or support for China. I'll spend more money if needbe. The one thing I liked about the Yugo is it had the grenade launcher extension, quite useless but kind of nice.

The only alternative to a chinese one is russian and they're getting very old now. The crying shame is that Bush slapped a ban on chinese weapons. The flappy headed Canadians can buy a brand new Norinco SKS for $139 (can$). That would be about $110(US). For that money You'd buy 10 of them with a thousand rounds of ammo for each ($200/1000 rds) and bury each one in a different location for when the SHTF.

newman

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »
We're talking about SKSs here. You would hardly notice the difference in accuracy. Yes , if we were talking about tactical rifles, you'd have a point.

The reason it's important with an SKS is that so much of that com-bloc ammo is corrosive, especially the cheap stuff that makes having a rifle in this caliber attractive. At 250 yd effective range of this weapon a chrome bore won't make jack difference, but after a few thousand rounds of surplus ammo you'll praise the chrome lining.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 04:27:22 PM »
Sure, its all about defense. ::)
You're just men who love guns almost as a collective hobby!

All i know about them, is that they are killing machines and are pretty heavy.

newman

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 04:34:01 PM »
Sure, its all about defense. ::)
You're just men who love guns almost as a collective hobby!

All i know about them, is that they are killing machines and are pretty heavy.

Guns don't kill. It is the finger that pulls the trigger...........not the other way around

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 05:13:11 PM »
Yes well they are used as a tool of killing and it doesn't take much to pull the trigger but the gun has been designed with detail to harm a person severly.

I knew a friendly man, who had a liking for guns and was one day fiddling with loading and un-loading it, it slipt through his fingers and he caught it, his finger latching on to the trigger. It was enough force to pull it, and the dude shot himself in the head. Right between his eyes, the bullet missed his brain by less then a millimetre and came out through his skull. He was left in a coma for 9 months and paralysed in some places. Yep, well, never mess about with guns and policemen once shot his son, by takng out his gun too forcefully to show him.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 05:53:56 PM »
It's like blaming spoons for making rosie o donnell fat.
:laugh: :laugh:

Yes, safety is important and guns should only be granted to those who will take precautions.