Author Topic: U guys should do me a favor  (Read 2684 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
U guys should do me a favor
« on: August 08, 2012, 09:31:24 PM »
I think all of the non-Jews should eat at chick-fill-a more often. I want to see their biz boom.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
    • KrumTheBulgar (YouTube)
Re: U guys should do me a favor
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »
I think all of the non-Jews should eat at chick-fill-a more often. I want to see their biz boom.
Why non-Jews only? Well I will eat it. But I'm afraid, because I live in New York City, full of (guess who), and they're going to boycott it. I can imagine those a--holes blocking the entrance with their pickets harrassing anyone who wants to get inside.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »
Because Jews must keep kosher and Chick-fil-A is not kosher.  If people try to give you trouble getting in, just smear ketchup on their signs on the way out, it's that simple.

I will definitely be going to Chick-fil-A but unfortunately there's not one very close by me.
I know what kosher is, I just didn't know chick-fil-a isn't kosher. But I wish I could smear unique chick-fill-a sauce on the gay signs, LOL.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 10:46:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm not exactly allowed to tell Jews to violate the Torah. I'm sure people can read between the lines though.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »
Maybe they could come up with a Kosher menu.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:01:03 PM »
You could always feed it to your pets as a treat. You could even feed it to homeless people!

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:31:26 PM »
I believe that Chick fil a's business has never done BETTER than it's doing now.  Obviously, the protest by the Idiots has BACKFIRED!

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »
This is what you do.  You get some sauce on the way out, open it, and hide it in your hand.  Then you go up to someone holding a sign and say "You were right, I shouldn't have gone in there.  I feel a little sick to my stomach."  Then make like you're going to barf and squirt the sauce all over the sign.  Then bolt.
LOL the response is "Ewwww this is DISGUSTING" with the lisp!  :::D

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 12:48:01 AM »
You can't feed it to your pets or homeless people if is a mix of beef and cheese. However, you can if it is chicken or pork with cheese. Also, you know who probably works there in NY.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »
You can't feed it to your pets or homeless people if is a mix of beef and cheese. However, you can if it is chicken or pork with cheese. Also, you know who probably works there in NY.

Not entirely correct IsraeliHeart when it comes to Ashkenazi minhag. We do not eat Chicken and Cheese together...

http://www.aish.com/atr/Chicken_and_Cheese.html?catid=911219

Chicken and Cheese

Do you know why Jewish law came to add fowl to the "no meat and milk" law? Fowl do not have mammary glands so do not produce milk – why were they added to mammalian meat restrictions with milk? Also, do you know if the boiling meat in milk was originally a pagan ritual?

The Aish Rabbi Replies:

The Talmud explains that when the Torah says "do not boil a kid in it's mother's milk," it is only referring to meat from the three kosher domesticated animals – cow, goat and sheep.

However, since people "intuitively" associate chicken as "meat," it became the law as well not to mix chicken and milk. This view was accepted by the entire Jewish people as binding law about 1,500 years ago. This is one of the many "fences around the Torah" which, as the name suggests, helps protect the Torah from being transgressed accidentally, and help people protect themselves from spiritual damage.

My Egyptian Sephardic friend tells me Sephardim can eat Chicken and Cheese.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 11:20:32 AM »
You could always feed it to your pets as a treat. You could even feed it to homeless people!
Of course! In fact I'll get it for myself, my friends, homeless people, and anyone else with who I can share a meal!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
Not entirely correct IsraeliHeart when it comes to Ashkenazi minhag. We do not eat Chicken and Cheese together...

http://www.aish.com/atr/Chicken_and_Cheese.html?catid=911219

My Egyptian Sephardic friend tells me Sephardim can eat Chicken and Cheese.

100 percent false. Nobody does it today; it's considered assur.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »
It's not a good idea to feed pets high fat treats like that because it can affect them more than it can a human plus if the seasonings have onion in them then it can poison them. Onion is bad for both dogs and cats but cats are especially sensitive to it. I'm sure homeless people would appreciate it though if they're truly needy and not just looking for booze/drug money.

My local Chick-fil-A is being remodeled but I'll go there as soon as I can. They have a grilled chicken salad I'd like to try.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 09:27:41 PM »

I never said Jews can eat chicken with cheese. I said it's permitted to feed it to animals.

http://www.star-k.com/kashrus/kk-issues-pets.htm

Dog and Cat Food

Dog and cat food are the most common pet food which present this concern, so let's look at their manufacturing process.8 The base of the food is usually grain, meat, fish or chicken, which is mixed with other ingredients. For dry food, hot water or steam is added. The food is subjected to high heat and pressure and then dried. Canned food is mixed, cooked, canned and sterilized. Sometimes, the food is cooked in the can itself. In general, since dog and cat food is cooked, this presents a potential meat and milk concern.

Other conditions also apply. Combinations of meat and milk are forbidden to be given to pets only if the combination is forbidden M'doraisa, Biblically, to be eaten by Jews, and both meat and milk are from a kosher species.9 Therefore, only if beef and milk are cooked together, is it forbidden to feed this mixture to animals.10 However, it is permitted to feed to animals a combination of chicken and milk, or pork and milk, even if the mixture is cooked. 11

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »
Interesting... I did not know  that concerning pet food... I was under the belief that anything prohibited to a Jew to eat or posses would be prohibited to a Jews animals. I do know that Chametz is prohibited on Passover and that there is an issue concerning whether pet food can contain Chametz {it is prohibited for a Jew to posses Chametz during the Yom Tov}....

Thanks for clearing that up IsraeliHeart..

Also regarding the Sephardic minhag.... I distinctly remember my friend saying that his minhag doesn't require him to avoid Milk and Chicken, though I cannot find any reference to any such minhag...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:21 PM »
Here is another discussion on this topic:

http://ohr.edu/2261/print

Dear Rabbi,

I read the article Kosher Keeping Pets. I was wondering if the dog food was glatt kosher, can a Jewish person partake in the eating of this highly nourishing delight, or does it just mean that there is no milk and meat in the process. Thank you.

Dear Devorah and Avi,

Identity crisis issues aside, the point of the article was that pets of Jews are not Jewish pets. This means that while a Jew may not eat non-kosher food, he may feed most non-kosher foods to his pets.

The few exceptions are those foods that are not only non-kosher, but are also prohibited for a Jew to derive any benefit from. Since the Jewish pet owner benefits by, and enjoys keeping his pet alive through feeding it, the pet food must be something that the owner, as a Jew, is allowed to derive benefit from.

Two such exceptions of foods which are not only not kosher, but are also forbidden to derive benefit from, are mixtures of meat and milk during the entire year, and chametz during Passover. A Jew is prohibited from feeding these foods to his pets at those times not because they cant eat them, but because he cant give it to them.

Therefore, glatt kosher pet food would only ensure that the owner can feed it to his pet, but not that its kosher for a Jew to eat. Unfortunately youll have to stick with chopped liver and cholent. "Kosher" pet food only means with no meat and milk, or chometz on Passover.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 09:47:43 PM »
Why would someone want to eat it? That reminds me of a ZooTube video of someone addicted to cat food.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:35:49 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
Why would someone want to eat it? That remind me of a ZooTube video of someone addicted to cat food.
:::D :::D :o
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 10:00:04 PM »
Why would someone want to eat it? That remind me of a ZooTube video of someone addicted to cat food.

Interesting question...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »
Why would someone want to eat it? That reminds me of a ZooTube video of someone addicted to cat food.

I saw that episode. Her doctor reminded her that some pet foods have been found to have euthanized dogs and cats in them. It's one reason why I buy a premium brand. No guarantees but at least the nutrition is better in them for my animals. I wouldn't want to eat it myself!

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
why cant you eat chicken?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
Jews can eat chicken, but only if it's slaughtered according to the kosher laws, which Chick-fil-A chicken is not.

Certainly... Lots of yummy Kosher chickens out there..

We get Empire Kosher chickens out here...

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »
There used to be a kosher KFC in Israel.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »
Low Cal Chick-Fil-A options:

Chargrilled & Fruit Salad 230 calories (no dressing or granola)

Slices of grilled chicken breast served on a fresh blend of Romaine and Iceberg lettuce surrounded by shredded red cabbage and carrots, a subtle blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses and a refreshing variety of fruit- fresh strawberry slices, red grapes, red and green apple pieces and mandarin orange segments; served with Harvest Nut Granola and Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette (or choice of dressing. Made fresh daily.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad (no dressing or croutons, etc.) 180 calories

Slices of grilled chicken breast on a fresh blend of Romaine and Iceberg lettuce, with shredded red cabbage and carrots, vine-ripened grape tomatoes, bite-sized broccoli florets and a subtle blend of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. Served with Butter Garlic Croutons, Honey Roasted Sunflower Kernels and choice of dressing. Made fresh daily.