Author Topic: Efrat: Fighting The Abortion Holocaust In Israel  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Efrat: Fighting The Abortion Holocaust In Israel
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:30:37 AM »
Any Israeli who has an abortion needs to be exiled to Ramallah or Riyadh.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 12:56:06 PM »
Any Israeli who has an abortion needs to be exiled to Ramallah or Riyadh.

But what if it is an abortion to save the mother's life?  Meaning if she were to give birth, she would die?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »
But what if it is an abortion to save the mother's life?  Meaning if she were to give birth, she would die?

I am not an expert on this... since I am much more secular than many here.... but im 99% sure that in these rare cases... the mother's life takes precedence......    I think Muman can clear this up.

At any rate, 99.9% of abortions have nothing to do with the mother's life.... and its something leftists focus on as a reason that abortion should remain legal.  Its kinda like the Nazis arguing that the gas chambers should remain open... since some of the children they are  gassing have the bubonic plague.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »
I think that in most cases where it would be dangerous for the mother to give birth, the baby can be saved by a C section if it's big enough. In the case of something like a tubal pregnancy, then there is no current way to save the baby that I know if and so to save the mother's life, the pregnancy has to be ended anyway. The other big reason why women get abortions is that they feel that something might be wrong with the baby.

This is a bad reason in my opinion because eugenics is never a good thing at any rate and we're not supposed to kill adults because they're sick, only provide care. Some birth defects are so mild they wouldn't really cause too many problems in people's lives. For example I've even heard of people getting abortions because their baby would have a (repairable) cleft palate, or that they would have dwarfism, or some other mild difference.

Many of the syndromes that are most feared (such as Down Syndrome) also come with different levels of severity and some people are quite mildly affected, and even for those who are profoundly disabled, God has chosen to give that person life and it's not right to kill them because they are different. I believe that each person is sent to this world to accomplish some mission and that includes disabled people. Remember that anybody can become disabled at any time and so I think it's wrong to kill someone as a baby and wrong to kill them as an adult because of disabled status. It's true that families of disabled children will need more support and help than other families but this is something that needs to be put in place along with ending abortion. The support system can go hand in hand with banning abortion.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 02:50:41 AM »
Jewish law permits an abortion in the case where the mother's life is at risk.  Torah prioritizes saving the mother's life over saving the unborn baby's life. 

But, obviously, the vast majority of abortions have nothing to do with this.    I think friends of efrat is a good organization.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 02:58:46 AM »
 :dance:

And the Torah is absolutely right about this issue!