Author Topic: Gas Riots in Iran  (Read 1685 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Gas Riots in Iran
« on: July 07, 2007, 05:44:15 AM »
I found an old Newspaper yesterday laying around and was looking at some of the stories from a week or so ago. The one story that made my day was one about gas lines and shortages in Iran. How in the heck can a country sitting on all that oil have shortages. This shows all to well how really backwards Iran is. If it wasn't for America getting  the oil production started for them the filthy Arabs would never have been able to pump a drop. It seems to me they are relying on the same old infrastructure that was set up 30 years ago by American interests and are unable to build anything new to increase production. Anyway it was nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine.

AP:

Iranians smashed shop windows and set fire to a dozen gas stations in the capital Wednesday, angered by the sudden start of a fuel rationing system that threatens to further increase the unpopularity of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Police were sent to guard some stations after the violence, and there was calm during the day as motorists lined up to fill their tanks under the new restrictions.

The government had been warning for weeks that rationing was coming, but the announcement of its start just three hours before the plan took effect at midnight Tuesday startled people and sent them rushing to get one last fill-up. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

Re: Gas Riots in Iran
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:13:48 AM »
I think they're stock-piling in preparation for an Iran/Syria/Hesbulla attack on Israel.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 07:28:58 AM »
watch, he's going to blame Israel and the Jews for all the ills the muslims, themselves, are causing...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 08:37:39 AM »
watch, he's going to blame Israel and the Jews for all the ills the muslims, themselves, are causing...
He may try however if they are already burning gas stations down there is a level of unrest present. I think Iran's government is walking a tightrope. I think a large segment of Iran's people while not pro Israel or America would like to see things take a different more moderate path.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years