Author Topic: Ask Judea Torah Show 13  (Read 4369 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Ask Judea Torah Show 13
« on: March 30, 2009, 07:57:14 AM »
Thank you all for your great questions.

I can't wait to hear your new ones.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Ask Judea Torah Show 13
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:39:24 PM »
Greetings Judea.

1. How do you know whether a story from the Bible must be taken literally, or whether it's ok to interpret it as a non-literal, symbolic story?

2. Where was the homeland of the Hebrew people before they came into captivity in Egypt?

3. God commands creatures including both people and animals to be fruitful and multiply, but what if reproduction gets out of control? An example of this would be a locust plague. Would it be immoral to use some type of pesticide to make locusts unable to reproduce?

4. Dogs and cats are being killed by the millions in America because there are no homes for all the extra dogs and cats, and many end up dumped on the street or subject to horrible tortures like being drowned. Would you be against Gentiles spaying and neutering, or does that rule only apply to Jews?

5. What do you think are some of the biggest misunderstandings that well-intentioned Gentiles have about Judaism?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:50:35 PM by Rubystars »

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:15:52 PM »
Shalom judeanoncapta,

I like your audio files on the correct pronunciation of Hebrew. I tip my hat to you and I hope all Ashkenazim take on the Temani pronunciation and drop the germanic vernacular. Do you think the original Hebrew writing (Ktav Ivri) should be put into common use too? As you know the Torah was given to Mosheh Rabeinu in Ktav Ivri. Do you think Ktav Ivri like gematria reveals further meaning of Toranic words? For instance the Ktav Ivri Alef is an ox and implies strength and the Ktav Ivri Bet is a house. Thus Ktav Ivri reveals that the av is the “strength (of the) house”.

My next question –

Talmud Bavli Sotah 48b and Gittin 68a says that Shlomo HaMelek used the Shamir to cut the stones for the Beith HaMiqdash. What do you think the Shamir was exactly and will it be required for cutting the stones for the 3rd Beith HaMiqdash?

Toda raba
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:17:03 PM by Sefardic Panther »

"Let there be a holocaust on the anti-semites!!!" - Rabbi Mordechai Friedman Shlita

http://www.youtube.com/user/SefardicPanther

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:02:43 AM »
Dear Judeanoncapta,

who was Rabbi Jacob ben Asher?

Sincerly,

Ulli
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »
Shalom, can you make a shiur on Talmudh Yerushalmi? (some topic within it).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
WhOOo just realized that the last reply was from over 3 years ago! Is their a show, or is it just stickied needlessly?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 11:49:45 PM »
WhOOo just realized that the last reply was from over 3 years ago! Is their a show, or is it just stickied needlessly?

Ha... Ive seen this thread for years.... Nobody has posted in it for a while...

Shalom Alechem!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14