Author Topic: Muman- Video downloader.  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Muman- Video downloader.
« on: November 06, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
  Hi I know I asked you earlier but how to download video's on youtube. For example to mirror video's for others (like JTF) or to download video's for personal use. Something safe obviously.  This is always giving problems.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Muman- Video downloader.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 06:30:46 PM »
  Hi I know I asked you earlier but how to download video's on youtube. For example to mirror video's for others (like JTF) or to download video's for personal use. Something safe obviously.  This is always giving problems.

Shalom Tag,

The Chrome plugin downloader stopped working a couple of months ago. I think youtube changes some things concerning the protocol for downloads (possibly new URL encoding or something)... But within a day I found a patch for the command-line (requires typing commands into the shell) tool called 'youtube-dl' which is what I currently use to download youtube videos.

http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »
Tag, if its for mp3s on Android( I don't have a computer right now) I use this... http://m.flvto.com/ It works pretty well, But not on everything, for example I have been trying to download some of the Rabbi Shlomo storys that Muman posted, and I can't get some of them.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:04:20 PM »
Shalom Tag,

The Chrome plugin downloader stopped working a couple of months ago. I think youtube changes some things concerning the protocol for downloads (possibly new URL encoding or something)... But within a day I found a patch for the command-line (requires typing commands into the shell) tool called 'youtube-dl' which is what I currently use to download youtube videos.

http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/

Too complicated you know anything else? (Besides how do you know its safe?)
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 01:18:10 AM »
Tag,

The 'youtube-dl' program I use is written in Python, and you can examine the sourcecode if you are concerned about security {this is one of the nice features of 'open-source' software upon which Linux is founded}. I believe that there is a Python for Windows and thus this tool works on Windows.

But I think you are looking more for a GUI tool. I don't use Windows much so I can only recommend things I have read about. I tried downloading and installing one such windows tools this evening {running in a Windows emulator called Wine}. But the program didn't run in Wine, so I may have to boot up my Windows Virtual Machine in order to install this in order to evaluate it. But I don't have the time this evening to do this.

Ill continue to look for a solution to your question..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:18:34 AM »

Ill continue to look for a solution to your question..

Thanks.