Author Topic: Inspiring Music?  (Read 63269 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Inspiring Music?
« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2013, 06:22:59 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »
Happy Chanukah 2nd Night...

For the Rush fans, the incredibly long 'Natural Science' from 'Permanent Waves' album...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »
I think I may have posted this before, especially around the time we read the Torah portion of Jacobs ladder (Vayetzei)...

Rush's 'Jacobs Ladder'...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
I may have mentioned in the past that the 1st Rock & Roll band I ever saw as a young teenager was Styx (at age 16) and I have been a fan ever since...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »
Another classic old Styx song, "Man in the Wilderness"...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2013, 11:52:20 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2013, 11:59:05 PM »
Here is another classic Styx song, 'Renegade'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2013, 12:02:46 AM »
This one is from the last Styx album I bought, "Cyclorama" in 2003...

Do things MY WAY!

Ok, I'll warn you this song isn't inspiring, it is upon introspection rather depressing.... But when I 1st heard it in 2003 (after my wife left) it appealed to me (as I was somewhat depressed)...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #258 on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:33 AM »
One more Rush tune for the evening, a particularly interesting instrumental called 'Leave that thing alone'...

As always I find it hard to stop listening to good Rush... Here is 'Working Man', another classic Rush tune...

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2013, 12:26:49 AM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2013, 12:30:47 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #261 on: November 29, 2013, 12:37:24 AM »
Kansas Classic 'Point of Know Return"...

Carry on Wayward Son...

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #262 on: November 29, 2013, 12:38:16 AM »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #263 on: November 29, 2013, 12:41:17 AM »
I love this one!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2013, 12:44:44 AM »
I love this one!

Just posted a live version..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2013, 12:46:40 AM »
On a bend of bands named after states, after Kansas how about a little Boston...

Don't Look Back!

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2013, 12:52:29 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2013, 12:53:19 AM »
After Boston comes Chicago, with 25 or 6 to 4:

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2013, 12:54:31 AM »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:27 AM »
Just to throw you totally off...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2013, 01:03:04 AM »
Now that your zigging, I'm zagging....

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2013, 01:09:42 AM »
Saw this band, Steppenwolf singing 'Born to Be Wild', the soundtrack from 'Easy Rider'..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2013, 06:40:47 PM »
Guess what time it is?

It's almost Shabbos Now...

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2013, 10:03:25 PM »
Although I never attended a Van Halen concert I came very close to going (some friends were going)... I do wish I went...

Eddie Van Halen was one of the best of the 80s..

This tune hits home for me...