Author Topic: This will be VERY bad if it happens  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
This will be VERY bad if it happens
« on: November 18, 2012, 11:31:44 AM »

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: This will be VERY bad if it happens
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:50:09 AM »
I am sure oBumma will be all over this..... more liberal voters!!

A few years ago I was interested in the politics of PR.... I read some and talked to a few PRs that I knew. At that time the big majority was for independence. I guess in the hard financial times they are now for dependence like half the people in the states.

Lately PR has had a huge problem with drug violence, from what I understand it is approaching that of Mexico. Not quite as bad yet but getting there.

I work with a PR doctor that seems like a conservative but is moderately to largely liberal at heart. He will espouse conservative ideals at times but when it comes to voting he is liberal.... EXCEPT oBumma, he doesn't like the destruction of healthcare but likes some aspects of oBumma care.

Point.... the PRs I used to know and the PR I currently know are/were all democrat voters. Not sure but maybe like the liberals in NE and W (in US) they probably voted liberals in office their whole life.... liberals ruined the states where they currently reside so they move to a conservative state because the economy is better, crime lower, etc.. then they procede to vote liberal in the states that have been spared from liberals.... before you know it, enough liberals have moved there due to good living conditions and..............

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
There is really not much of a down side to P.R becoming a state at this point... They come and go as they please and the island gets a great deal of aid from the U.S... If they became a state they would have to pay federal income tax like everyone else which is one of the main reasons they turn statehood down each time it comes up for a vote.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
There is really not much of a down side to P.R becoming a state at this point... They come and go as they please and the island gets a great deal of aid from the U.S... If they became a state they would have to pay federal income tax like everyone else which is one of the main reasons they turn statehood down each time it comes up for a vote.

The downside is that they will vote 90% leftist...

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »
If this happens, we're finished.  Why don't we make all of Mexico a state, too, while we're at it? 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 01:50:34 AM »
If this happens, we're finished.  Why don't we make all of Mexico a state, too, while we're at it?

We already have... its called California.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 02:32:01 AM »
Dont the people in Puerto Rico have diverse ethnicity, and part of the ethnic cocktail over the years. With such diversity.. If America has to ride on its path of upholding American culture and heritage..and to keep it predominantly white, then its a good option to let these small states attain statehood. Of course it will be a diversion to the thought of America's founding fathers.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 03:18:42 AM »
Dont the people in Puerto Rico have diverse ethnicity, and part of the ethnic cocktail over the years. With such diversity.. If America has to ride on its path of upholding American culture and heritage..and to keep it predominantly white, then its a good option to let these small states attain statehood. Of course it will be a diversion to the thought of America's founding fathers.

So you want America to die demographically, you think this is a good thing? I think one of the worst things that's happened over the course of time is that people don't have any sense of America as being a people, a real nation anymore. It's all about who can get what and how we're doing economically. This is terrible. We should care about having a common culture, a common language, a predominate race, etc. and not so much about pandering to the diversity crowd. It's almost too late to stop at this point but the America I grew up loving was my America, not all this blended puke they call America now.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 03:41:30 AM »
So you want America to die demographically, you think this is a good thing?
my point of contention is Puerto Rico. Do you think Puerto Rico's demographics are same as compared the larger parts of America? No. PR has its own culture, ethnicity, diversity which is in complete contrast to that of America. Way back America got these islands under treaties, because of the Imperialistic position it was enjoying. Can you tell me if PR has ever been part of the major industrialization entire America has seen? How many big corporations do you see operating on these places?

This situation reminds me of the struggle of Tamil Eelam who want to attain statehood, but never had a choice. The Tamils in Sri Lanka had their own standing in terms of culture and diversity. Just because the British transferred the powers to the fortunate Sinhalese people, they are today ruling it. But Tamils continue to feel subjugated.

It is not as if the Puerto Ricans have changed the demographics by multiplying their population, and now demanding statehood. Something which is done by Muslims.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 03:47:55 AM »
my point of contention is Puerto Rico. Do you think Puerto Rico's demographics are same as compared the larger parts of America? No. PR has its own culture, ethnicity, diversity which is in complete contrast to that of America. Way back America got these islands under treaties, because of the Imperialistic position it was enjoying. Can you tell me if PR has ever been part of the major industrialization entire America has seen? How many big corporations do you see operating on these places?

This situation reminds me of the struggle of Tamil Eelam who want to attain statehood, but never had a choice. The Tamils in Sri Lanka had their own standing in terms of culture and diversity. Just because the British transferred the powers to the fortunate Sinhalese people, they are today ruling it. But Tamils continue to feel subjugated.

It is not as if the Puerto Ricans have changed the demographics by multiplying their population, and now demanding statehood. Something which is done by Muslims.

I think PR need to stay separate. They need to not become a state. I want Puerto Rico to be independent completely so that they can't even freely come into the USA whenever they want.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 03:51:27 AM »
Allowing PR to be a state is like throwing a piece of dog crap into a punch bowl.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 04:51:30 AM »
Allowing PR to be a state is like throwing a piece of dog crap into a punch bowl.
Yes, that's just what it amounts to... The sad part of the situation as  things are now is the fact that the roaches are free to come and go as they please... They do not pay one dime in taxes to the United States... The island also gets a good number of dollars which goes out in the form of welfare for the unemployed... What the United States gets in return for all this that makes it worth while is anyone's guess... I had a friend that grew up in P.R once tell me in no uncertain terms that his people were a complete embarrassment and that the United States was tossing good money after bad bolstering the PR economy... The thing that gets me with many of the people that come from hispanic countries is the fact that unlike most other immigrants that come here and within 5 or 10 years fall into the American way of doing things hispanics want the system here to change for them... English as a second language, telephone prompts in Spanish and the like... Another part of the picture that is also questionable is the fact that because they seem to give birth every 10 months in cycles that rival the accuracy of the atomic clock they tend to pay very little taxes and seem to use more services than their presence here would justify... As things go now they have all the benefits of statehood but very little of the responsibilities... I see it as a golden deal for them that they have no wish of changing.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 05:23:15 AM »
Thanks for your interesting post cjd. I hope you're right that they dont' really want it. I hope that the articles indicating they do want it are wrong because it would further erode America's unique culture. I made this a few minutes ago:

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
Big talk of Secession in the works....

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 11:06:26 AM »
Big talk of Secession in the works....

If it's going to happen it really needs to be done carefully because I don't want the federal government sending troops to murder Texans or any other state that breaks off.