Author Topic: MUST SEE : 'Escape from Sobibor' incredible movie  (Read 1161 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
MUST SEE : 'Escape from Sobibor' incredible movie
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:57 PM »
Just watched this incredible movie last night. It is a dramatization of the great escape from the Nazi Death camp Sobibor in Poland. 300 Jews escaped in an attempt for all 600 Jews to escape the camp. It was the greatest single uprising of Jews in the death camps (while there were other uprisings also). In this movie some big, and not so big, stars appear. One star whose name I recognize is Rutger Haur who also played in my favorite film "Blade Runner".

This move is hard to watch at times. Having to witness the inhumanity of the german SS guards as they dehumanized their Jewish victims made me cry at times. But the revenge which is wrought against the fat and snotty nazi officers makes me feel some Jewish pride, that we all did not just lay down and die like sheep at the slaughter.

The movie is long, 2 hours and 20 minutes... But it is worth it, and you can pause and watch it later if you want...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: MUST SEE : 'Escape from Sobibor' incredible movie
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:17:58 PM »
Just watched this incredible movie last night. It is a dramatization of the great escape from the Nazi Death camp Sobibor in Poland. 300 Jews escaped in an attempt for all 600 Jews to escape the camp. It was the greatest single uprising of Jews in the death camps (while there were other uprisings also). In this movie some big, and not so big, stars appear. One star whose name I recognize is Rutger Haur who also played in my favorite film "Blade Runner".

This move is hard to watch at times. Having to witness the inhumanity of the german SS guards as they dehumanized their Jewish victims made me cry at times. But the revenge which is wrought against the fat and snotty nazi officers makes me feel some Jewish pride, that we all did not just lay down and die like sheep at the slaughter.

The movie is long, 2 hours and 20 minutes... But it is worth it, and you can pause and watch it later if you want...

I find it very tough to watch movies like Schindler's list... its just too humiliating and depressing to watch it.   

I do however enjoy watching revenge movies against Nazis... I loved Inglorious Basterds.... so if this is anything like that..where the Jews fight back.... then I may consider it.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:57:20 PM »
Great movie (skipped around the beginning, but got to the fighting back part especially. It is great. NEKAMA!
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 07:20:29 AM »
Thanx! Seen it long back. It was nice. However during its last review on this forum years back it was highly criticized. Something must have changed meanwhile.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:13:24 AM »
I think when Nazis and those like them are cruel to innocent people they dehumanize themselves more than they dehumanize their victims. They revert to being a wild animal and don't deserve to be counted among the human race anymore.