Author Topic: SHOCKER!!!!! Führer Morsi grabs dictatorial control over Egyptian Reich  (Read 568 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Remember... this is the same guy who said 'Amen' to 'Alah, please kill all the Jews!!'

I thought Jimmy Carter told us Morsi was dedicated to Peace and Democracy.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2012/11/23/arab-winter-ap-minimizes-visibility-morsis-power-grab-egypt

Arab Winter: AP Minimizes Visibility of Morsi's Dictatorial Power Grab in Egypt
By Tom Blumer | November 23, 2012 | 09:16
 28  28 Reddit0  0
A  A

So what's more important, the fact that Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi was involved in brokering a Gaza-Israeli peace deal which appears to be more than sightly tilted in Hamas's direction, or the fact that Morsi has opportunistically seized nearly dictatorial powers?

They're arguably equal, but if compelled to choose, I believe most readers here would contend that because of the difficulties seen throughout human history in undoing such things, Morsi's power grab is more important. The Associated Press doesn't share that evaluation. In its summary of "10 Things to Know for Friday" the wire service notes the "peace" accord but not the power grab:

Story Continues Below Ad ↓

2. WHO THE U.S. IS COUNTING ON TO KEEP THE PEACE IN GAZA
Egypt's President Morsi emerges from his first major international crisis with enhanced prestige after mediating between sworn enemies Israel and Hamas.
Somewhow, there was room in the "10 Things to Know" for stories about a Notre Dame football game with a Saturday night kickoff, how catalog shipments to consumers have dropped, and a cancelled Chris Brown concert.

Additionally, the story about Morsi's power grab which was at the AP's national site for a relatively brief time has been replaced by a terse four-paragraph report titled "PRESIDENT'S BACKERS, RIVALS CLASH IN EGYPT." The current story mentions Morsi's "sweeping new powers" twice and that he has put himself "above judicial oversight" once, but provides no details.

Here are excerpts from the AP report many of its subscribing publications and broadcast outlets will miss because they weren't monitoring their news feeds on a minute-by-minute basis on Thanksgiving Day (carried at Politico, which for all of its considerable faults at least seems to not allow AP to automatically override older stories):

Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers
Egypt's president on Thursday issued constitutional amendments that placed him above judicial oversight and ordered the retrial of Hosni Mubarak for the killing of protesters in last year's uprising.
Mohammed Morsi also decreed immunity for the Islamist-dominated panel drafting a new constitution from any possible court decisions to dissolve it, a threat that had been hanging over the controversial assembly.
Liberal and Christian members withdrew from the assembly during the past week to protest what they say is the hijacking of the process by Morsi's allies, who they saw are trying to push through a document that will have an Islamist slant marginalizing women and minority Christians and infringing on personal liberties. Several courts have been looking into cases demanding the dissolution of the panel.
The Egyptian leader also decreed that all decisions he has made since taking office in June and until a new constitution is adopted and a new parliament is elected — which is not expected before next spring — are not subject to appeal in court or by any other authority. He also barred any court from dissolving the Islamist-led upper house of parliament, a largely toothless body that has also faced court cases.
The moves effectively remove any oversight on Morsi, the longtime Muslim Brotherhood figure who became Egypt's first freely elected president last summer after the Feb. 11, 2011 fall of autocrat Hosni Mubarak. They come as Morsi is riding high on lavish praise from President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton for mediating an end to eight days of fighting between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers.
... The president made most of the changes Thursday by issuing a declaration amending what has become a patchwork interim constitution in effect since Mubarak's fall. The military, which took power after Mubarak, set the precedent for the executive unilaterally issuing constitutional changes, which it did several times during its 16-month rule.
... The moves are likely to fuel growing public criticism that Morsi and his Muslim Brotherhood have monopolized power while doing little to tackle the country's endemic woes. Thousands of demonstrators gathered in downtown Cairo for the fourth day running to protest against Morsi's policies and criticize the Muslim Brotherhood, the fundamentalist group from which the Egyptian leader hails.
The decree for a retrial of Mubarak appeared aimed at making a gesture to the public.
It seems more important to AP that Morsi be recognized for a supposedly heroic "peace" accord whose lifespan, based on the track record of such efforts in the past, is likely to be short, than it is for people to learn that he has likely ended the so-called "Arab Spring" in Egypt, plunging that country of over 80 million into Islamist, dictatorial darkness, endangering the lives of all who might attempt to oppose it.

What has transpired should be a humiliating embarrassment to the Obama administration, its supporters, and its press apparatchiks. It is now drop-dead obvious that their characterization of the Arab Spring as some kind of wondrous movement towards democracy was a stupendous error, and that critics who warned of what the Muslim Brotherhood would do in Egypt once they achieved power have been thoroughly and tragically vindicated.

No wonder the Associated Press, aka the Administration's Press, has minimized its visibility.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2012/11/23/arab-winter-ap-minimizes-visibility-morsis-power-grab-egypt#ixzz2D4TMPu93

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: SHOCKER!!!!! Führer Morsi grabs dictatorial control over Egyptian Reich
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 03:39:18 PM »
Muslamic infighting shall continue everywhere till their own elimination by self.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
It would be Marvelous if they have a mini-Syria style self-destruction where 1-2mil of our enemies miraculously become ashes...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »
I thought Jimmy Carter told us Morsi was dedicated to Peace and Democracy.

You mean the same Jimmy that aided the overthrow of the Shah of Iran..... a moderate muslim, and replaced him with Ho-Maniac the maniacal raving lunatic radical islamist?

oBumma is following in Jimmy Carter's footsteps by aiding overthrows in Egypt, Libya, Syria, etc. and setting up for a complete takeover by radical hard line fundamentalist muslims. All of which will surround Israel.

From what I understand, Gadaffi had pretty much given up terrorism and the war on the West after Reagan fired his [censored] up with a missile attack in 1986..... which reminds me, years ago if someone committed crimes against Americans they would have consequences to pay. Imagine if Reagan were president and a US Embassy was attacked and Americans killed, there would be hell to pay.

More on Gadaffi....

I was watching a National Geographic program where some tourists were kidnapped by Abu Sayef in the Philippines and held for ransom for millions of dollars. After a year or longer Gadaffi offered and payed tens of millions to free them. One could say that was a form of supporting terrorism but on the other hand he freed many people. I looked up on the internet about this and found he had done similar things many times in what he called a "goodwill gesture to the West".

And Mubarak was by no means a good guy but wasn't neccessarily an enemy of Israel or the US.... agree? At the very least Mubarak was far better than Morsi, I don't think anyone here would disagree with that.

And the pinheaded guy in Syria.... from my limited knowledge on the middle east I think he is not anywhere near the threat that muslim brotherhood or an oBumma backed leader would be.

Am I correct with this?
Saudi Arabia should be feared more than it is...... reason.... they are backstabbers who appear to be an ally while funding offensive activities and terrorism in secret. oBumma administration sold many high tech fighter jets and who knows what else to them which will no doubt one day be used against Israel, US, or some other civilized country. oBumma is a treasonous traitor who much like the Saudis, appears to be acting in the US and it's allies best interest (to many, but not to me or you the reader) while in actuality he is working on the destruction of this country.

Fin

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 07:03:33 AM »
You mean the same Jimmy that aided the overthrow of the Shah of Iran..... a moderate muslim, and replaced him with Ho-Maniac the maniacal raving lunatic radical islamist?

oBumma is following in Jimmy Carter's footsteps by aiding overthrows in Egypt, Libya, Syria, etc. and setting up for a complete takeover by radical hard line fundamentalist muslims. All of which will surround Israel.

From what I understand, Gadaffi had pretty much given up terrorism and the war on the West after Reagan fired his [censored] up with a missile attack in 1986..... which reminds me, years ago if someone committed crimes against Americans they would have consequences to pay. Imagine if Reagan were president and a US Embassy was attacked and Americans killed, there would be hell to pay.

More on Gadaffi....

I was watching a National Geographic program where some tourists were kidnapped by Abu Sayef in the Philippines and held for ransom for millions of dollars. After a year or longer Gadaffi offered and payed tens of millions to free them. One could say that was a form of supporting terrorism but on the other hand he freed many people. I looked up on the internet about this and found he had done similar things many times in what he called a "goodwill gesture to the West".

And Mubarak was by no means a good guy but wasn't neccessarily an enemy of Israel or the US.... agree? At the very least Mubarak was far better than Morsi, I don't think anyone here would disagree with that.

And the pinheaded guy in Syria.... from my limited knowledge on the middle east I think he is not anywhere near the threat that muslim brotherhood or an oBumma backed leader would be.

Am I correct with this?
Saudi Arabia should be feared more than it is...... reason.... they are backstabbers who appear to be an ally while funding offensive activities and terrorism in secret. oBumma administration sold many high tech fighter jets and who knows what else to them which will no doubt one day be used against Israel, US, or some other civilized country. oBumma is a treasonous traitor who much like the Saudis, appears to be acting in the US and it's allies best interest (to many, but not to me or you the reader) while in actuality he is working on the destruction of this country.

Fin
This is a policy problem that seems to be inherent in the United States Government... As administrations change over of a span of years the shift in policy can lead to real problems for governments depending on American support or just wishing to be left alone... Many times the United States has helped install people like the Shah only to pull the carpet out from under his feet years later... In the long run policy like this is very counter productive because it causes people to hedge their bets... In the end this causes an endless unsettled global situation that has dictators always shopping for a better deal... This is the main reason for many of Americas foreign policy failures.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 08:39:14 AM »
American foreign policy has been best possible ever always. Only clinton & condi rice disoriented it first and since last three and half years it is getting most disoriented. It is still to be seen that what happens in next three and half years.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.