Author Topic: New York, NY - When Nature Calls, Use Your Cell Phone  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
New York, NY - When Nature Calls, Use Your Cell Phone
« on: July 09, 2007, 09:55:55 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D
New York, NY - A new cell phone-based service promises to help desperate New Yorkers with no place to go - by finding them the closest, cleanest public rest room.

Mizpee.com works on cell phones with a built-in Web browser: Plug in any street address in Manhattan, and the nearest public toilets pop up on the screen.
"I came up with the idea when I was in a public library [rest room] and had a splitting headache within two minutes because it was so filthy," said Peter Olfe, creator of Mizpee.
"I thought, 'Boy, if I only knew where there was a place within walking distance that I could just walk into.'"

Mizpee rates the rest rooms for cleanliness on a scale of one to five. It says whether the bathroom is accessible to the disabled, whether it has diaper-changing facilities, and - if in a store or coffee shop - whether it's only available to paying customers.

Mizpee is free, but users may be charged depending on their service plan, and currently it is only available in Manhattan. The service plans to sell ads and referrals to nearby businesses. It will be rolled out to other boroughs shortly, and will be accessible next month by text message and on desktop computers, Olfe said. [NY Daily News]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: New York, NY - When Nature Calls, Use Your Cell Phone
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 10:18:18 AM »
This is a good idea!  Maybe businesses will hear about this and start to take care of their restrooms more because they want a high rating on Mizpee so people will come and use their restrooms and find out about their stores.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris