Poll

Is the Roman Catholic Church of today an anti-semetic institution?

YES
9 (50%)
NO
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Is the Roman Catholic Church of today an anti-semetic institution?  (Read 6317 times)

Offline JT

• New JTFer
Just curious...

newman

Re: Is the Roman Catholic Church of today an anti-semetic institution?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 03:24:05 PM »
We need to be careful here. The white American rank & file Catholics are not anti-semitic but I believe the top echelons of the clergy are.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 03:32:44 PM »
Good.
Let them denounce the Pope then.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 03:51:24 PM »
As somebody who grew up Catholic, I never remember anti Jewishness.  That may be just my church, but I didn't run into it.  I have many issues with the church, however, that is why I would not call myself Catholic anymore.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »
with the current pope, it certainly seems more than the last pope. 

The last pope wasn't that great either and very knowledgeLESS about the true nature of what Israel and Jews were dealing with during that time.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »
Careful people.  I don't want to see any RCC bashing here.  If you disagree with the positions of the present or past pope, supply facts and keep it civil. 

newman

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 05:23:49 PM »
Careful people.  I don't want to see any RCC bashing here.  If you disagree with the positions of the present or past pope, supply facts and keep it civil. 

Everyone's been on their best behaviour :)

ftf

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 05:33:39 PM »
I personally don't think I've seen any recent anti-semitism at all, but then I have not been analysing the RCC.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 05:37:32 PM »
I personally don't think I've seen any recent anti-semitism at all, but then I have not been analysing the RCC.

I hate to break it to you but calling Jews "perfidious" and attacking our faith and peoplehood is anti-Semitic.  Perfidious means faithless, deceitful, and treacherous.  The Catholic church thinks ALL JEWS are faithless, deceitful and treacherous.  That's not anti-Semitism?  The world perfidious is a very negative word.  Calling us blind and callous is also anti-Semitic.

If I called a Catholic person blind, perfidious, faithless and deceitful, do you think I would be anti-Catholic?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 05:39:30 PM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 05:45:47 PM »

I hate to break it to you but calling Jews "perfidious" and attacking our faith and peoplehood is anti-Semitic.  Perfidious means faithless, deceitful, and treacherous.  The Catholic church thinks ALL JEWS are faithless, deceitful and treacherous.  That's not anti-Semitism?  The world perfidious is a very negative word.  Calling us blind and callous is also anti-Semitic.

If I called a Catholic person blind, perfidious, faithless and deceitful, do you think I would be anti-Catholic?

I think you exactly right.  Now, I did not say anything about all Catholics and the whole Catholic church. I'm merely was talking about the current pope and the last pope.  THere are righteous catholics and evil catholics..just as the same can be said about Jews.

Now, I have a question...would be it be considered anti-semetic if a non-Jew defamed liberally minded Jews as a group as JTF jews and Chaim does?

On the same note, I know that certainly non of us who are non catholics who defames evil catholics as a group are not anti-catholic (just as we indicate that not all catholics are evil).

therefore, to answer my first question.  It's not anti-semitism when a non Jew defames evil Jews as a group, but indicates that not all Jews are evil and that there are obviously righteous Jews in this world.

Thirdly, it would be wrong to ever say that Catholocism, in general, is an evil religion...that woudl make that person anti-catholic...Just as if someone were to say that Judaism is an evil religion..they woudl be anti-semetic.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 05:59:58 PM »
dannycookie, the question was whether the Roman Catholic CHURCH is anti-Semitic, not Catholicism as a religion and not Catholics.  The question was whether the CHURCH and its institutions and people who run them are anti-Semitic.  The pope is the head of the church and speaks for the church.  As you pointed out, he doesn't necessarily speak for all Catholics or for Catholicism in general, but he DOES speak for the RCC and what the says IS anti-Semitic so therefore the Roman Catholic Church is anti-Semitic.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »
Well I am Roman Catholic and the church I went and go to was not by any means anti semetic.   I do not know how it is in other parishes but the one I go doesn't.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »
Well I am Roman Catholic and the church I went and go to was not by any means anti semetic.   I do not know how it is in other parishes but the one I go doesn't.

You might not have seen anything yourself but next time you're at Church ask them if they accept the new "Perfidious Jew" doctrine.  If they do then they are anti-Semitic.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 06:26:06 PM »
What do people think about St Malachy's prophecy that this is the next to the last Pope before the End of Times?

http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

"Glory of the Olives." Olives are related to the Benedectine order. Hm...

ftf

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 06:26:44 PM »
I did not know what the word "perfidious" meant, I suppose I should have asked.

To be honest I generally do not like what I hear from the upper echelons of the Catholic church, but I haven't heard much that I'd deam to be anti-semitic.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 12:09:03 AM »
dannycookie, the question was whether the Roman Catholic CHURCH is anti-Semitic, not Catholicism as a religion and not Catholics.  The question was whether the CHURCH and its institutions and people who run them are anti-Semitic.  The pope is the head of the church and speaks for the church.  As you pointed out, he doesn't necessarily speak for all Catholics or for Catholicism in general, but he DOES speak for the RCC and what the says IS anti-Semitic so therefore the Roman Catholic Church is anti-Semitic.

uummmmmmmm...i don't know if you can assume that. 

I'll give you an example. I had a rabbi that was a  peace now activist.  Therefore, did that make me a peace now activist? Or even the congregation I belonged to?  I certainly don't think so...

Now, the current pope is kissing muzzie butt.  I think since that whole conflageration in Europe, he has been cursing himself and the Jews for making life difficult rather than blaming the true culpret and not being strong and a pathetic weakling and giving in to Muslim terror in Europe...It just pisses me off so much!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

We need someone strong to be relentless and tell it as it is..oh wait a second, we have Chaim :)....and of course many members here that are good at it.

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 12:10:46 AM »
There is a difference between anti-Semetism and anti-Judaism but I voted for yes.

I would doubt that Catholics have any ethnic resentment of Jews but they want the whole world to be Catholic.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 12:13:58 AM »
There is a difference between anti-Semetism and anti-Judaism but I voted for yes.

I would doubt that Catholics have any ethnic resentment of Jews but they want the whole world to be Catholic.

please do tell the difference between Anti-Judaism and Anti-semetic...

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 12:19:16 AM »
Anti-Judaism is opposing the Jews on theological ground, Anti-Semetism is opposing Jews on ethnic grounds.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 12:20:04 AM »
I don't like it that the Vatican always wants to "make peace" between the Israelis and the Arabs (well, actually, the Vatican uses the P-word).

I don't know how the church is in other areas, but that's a pretty big one.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007, 12:24:51 AM »
I don't like it that the Vatican always wants to "make peace" between the Israelis and the Arabs (well, actually, the Vatican uses the P-word).

I don't know how the church is in other areas, but that's a pretty big one.

The problem with the Vatican is that it doesn't use justice properly in the Arab-Israeli conflict.  The only fundamental truth that they seem to say is that we are all Gd's children and that we will all have the same end as dust..but that's about it.

They dont' seem to acknowledge that the conflict is 100% Arab's fault..yes 100% Muslim fault....Are they being anti-semetic? It's possible that they hate Jews..

It's also possible that they are pulling off an Imerica and being politically correct without acknowledging true history.

Justice doesn't always mean everyone is equal. People are equal at their end...but in life, there is quality and lack thereof.  Gd does not intend for communism, one religion, one world, tower of Babels, one ideology. He intends on kinds and types of people and opinions all of which can either be great, good, or really really sucky.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007, 12:29:23 AM »
The problem with the Vatican is that it doesn't use justice properly in the Arab-Israeli conflict.  The only fundamental truth that they seem to say is that we are all Gd's children and that we will all have the same end as dust..but that's about it.

They dont' seem to acknowledge that the conflict is 100% Arab's fault..yes 100% Muslim fault....Are they being anti-semetic? It's possible that they hate Jews..

It's also possible that they are pulling off an Imerica and being politically correct without acknowledging true history.

Justice doesn't always mean everyone is equal. People are equal at their end...but in life, there is quality and lack thereof.  Gd does not intend for communism, one religion, one world, tower of Babels, one ideology. He intends on kinds and types of people and opinions all of which can either be great, good, or really really sucky.
Danny, that is a beautiful post from you. It says very eloquently exactly how I feel. It distresses me that the Catholic Church is currently choosing to take the politically-correct path in the Israeli-Arab conflict. It also bothers me that they are so pro-illegal alien (and I have to wonder if they are because the majority of Hispanic aliens are Catholics) and anti-death penalty and are still not fully owning up to all the priest molestations.

Other than that--I know a lot of very good Catholic people and will not knock them. I really wish to see some improvement in the Vatican's geopolitical platform someday, though.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2007, 12:40:47 AM »

Danny, that is a beautiful post from you. It says very eloquently exactly how I feel. It distresses me that the Catholic Church is currently choosing to take the politically-correct path in the Israeli-Arab conflict. It also bothers me that they are so pro-illegal alien (and I have to wonder if they are because the majority of Hispanic aliens are Catholics) and anti-death penalty and are still not fully owning up to all the priest molestations.

Other than that--I know a lot of very good Catholic people and will not knock them. I really wish to see some improvement in the Vatican's geopolitical platform someday, though.

Thank you for the compliment.

I am not sure if the Vatican is necessarily evil.  They may have been caught in the trap of "If you show mercy to the cruel, you'll end up being cruel to the merciful."  And here we are seeing it right before our eyes.

The only reason why I'm not sure if the Vatican is necessarily evil is because in teh past decade or two they have been making ammends with Jews, Israel and the Church's past against the Jews.

Unfortunately the current pope has lost the way of what the last pope was trying to do.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2007, 07:16:36 AM »
This thread seems very anti-Catholic and I find it insulting to our Catholic members.

Let's stop with the Catholic and Christian bashing. JTF loves the righteous gentiles. We need to be respectful to one another.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 08:08:57 AM »
I don't think myself or CF are being anti-catholic or anti-church or anti-roman catholic church