Author Topic: Vatican invites Hezzbollah for ceremony in vatican  (Read 906 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Vatican invites Hezzbollah for ceremony in vatican
« on: November 28, 2012, 10:31:45 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/12491#.ULYtL--3oxE 

Op-Ed: Exposé: the Vatican Welcomes Iran
Published: Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:49 PM
Iran has a large diplomatic corps at the Vatican, considering that it is a Moslem country. And that is not all.

Giulio Meotti
The writer, an Italian journalist with Il Foglio, writes a twice-weekly column for Arutz Sheva. He is the author of the book "A New Shoah", that researched the personal stories of Israel's terror victims, published by Encounter. His writing has appeared in publications, such as the Wall Street Journal, Frontpage and Commentary. He is at work on a book about the Vatican and Israel.
► More from this writer

Hizbullah's officials, the Shiite terrorist group based in Lebanon, were hosted in Rome by the Vatican during the recent ceremony for the election of six new cardinals. Among the new cardinals is the Lebanese Patriarch, Bechara Boutros Rai.

As head of Lebanon’s Catholic Church, Rai recently sent his envoy, Father Abdo Abou Kassem, to Teheran to attend a conference in support of the Palestinian Arab Intifada and of a “Zionist-free middle east”. The conference was attended also by Hizbullah ideologue, Mohammad Raad, and by the Hamas’ leader Khaled Meshaal.

Cardinal Rai recently said in Paris that he supports Hizbullah's war against Israel: "Only when the international community exerts pressure on Israel to vacate the occupied Lebanese territory and Israel allows Palestinians in Lebanon to return to their homes, can Hizbullah be asked to hand over its arms because they will no longer be needed". It is not clear from the Cardinal's remarks to which Lebanese territory he was referring, since Israel, in compliance with the UN, had withdrawn from its Lebanon buffer zone years earlier. Rai said his statements reflected the policy of the Vatican.

The coming of an Hizbullah delegation in Rome these days is part of a strong friendship that the Vatican is building with Iranian authorities. It might also be an explanation why during his trip in Austria, Pope Benedict chose not to address the Iranian nuclear question in a key speech to world diplomats in Vienna, which is the headquarters of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

Cardinal Rai recently said in Paris that he supports Hizbullah's war against Israel.
The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue and the Organization for Culture and Islamic Relations just held their eighth meeting in Rome, under the joint chairmanship of the Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran and Iranian Mohammad Bagher Korramshad. The theme of the meeting was "The Catholic and Muslim cooperation to promote justice in the contemporary world".

An official note says that "the participants were pleased and honored to be received at the end of the meeting by Pope Benedict XVI, who greeted and encouraged them to continue on the path of authentic and fruitful dialogue".

A delegation of clergy members of Iran’s Islamic Consultative Assembly also visited the Vatican in Rome. They met with top Catholic officials. “We held talks with the Vatican’s culture minister over the conditions and the popular uprisings in the region and the Vatican minister said that popular uprisings are inspired by the Islamic Revolution in Iran”, a member of the parliament’s Clerics Commission, Hojjatoleslam Hossein Ebrahimi, told Fars News Agency.

Iran has a surprisingly large diplomatic corps at the Vatican (only the Dominican Republic has more diplomats accredited to the Holy See) who have a monthly meeting with the Pope's advisers. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sent a high-level delegation to Rome, headed by Mahdi Mostafavi, the president of the Islamic Culture and Relations Organization in Tehran, a former foreign minister and one of Ahmadinejad’s trusted men and “spiritual advisers”, with whom he meets “at least twice a week”.

Last week, the Iranian embassy in Rome organised at the Salesian Pontifical University of the Vatican a cultural festival to celebrate the Iranian culture. Islamic Republic of Iran Cultural Attaché to Rome, Qorban-Ali Purmarjan, gave an address: "Throughout continuous centuries, it has been the strong will of the highly skilled artist Iranian with great tastes that have written the Glorious Qur’an in different beautiful Iranian and Arabic calligraphies, and today at this exhibition some holy verses of the Glorious Qur’an side by side with holy sentences by Prophet Jesus are put on display".

The President of the Pontifical University of Rome, Professor Nani, said that he "I had been longing to host such a glorious and highly cultural exhibition".

"What you have in Iran is a strong academic tradition, with both philosophical and mystical aspects — in many ways like Catholicism," says Father Daniel Madigan, a Jesuit scholar of islam, and a member of the Vatican's commission for religious relations with Islam.

When the Vatican acts, nations take notice. How should the West and Israel interpret the new Vatican friendship with the Iranian Holocaust deniers and enablers and their terror proxies who branded the dead bodies of Israeli soldiers?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Vatican invites Hezzbollah for ceremony in vatican
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
Stop it with the Catholic bashing mord... Don't you know that this guy bashes Catholics all day...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
Stop it with the Catholic bashing mord... Don't you know that this guy bashes Catholics all day...
He's Catholic himself I'm not Catholic bashing the Vatican is Jewish bashing :o
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
He's Catholic himself I'm not Catholic bashing the Vatican is Jewish bashing :o

Yeah, I know... But Heaven Forbid I should ever re-post what he wrote... All hell would break loose.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »
Yeah, I know... But Heaven Forbid I should ever re-post what he wrote... All hell would break loose.
Il Foglio at at times was very close to the Vatican he just speaks up when he thinks things are bad 

avigation, search
Il Foglio Type    Daily newspaper
Format    Broadsheet
Owner    Il Foglio quotidiano Società cooperativa
Editor    Giuliano Ferrara
Founded    30 January 1996
Political alignment    Liberal conservatism
Language    Italian
Headquarters    Via Victor Hugo 1, Milan, Italy
Circulation    13,000 (2006)
Official website    www.IlFoglio.it

Il Foglio is an Italian centre-right daily newspaper, with circulation of about 13,000 copies per day. It was founded in 1996 by the Italian journalist and politician Giuliano Ferrara, after he left as editor of the magazine Panorama
Contents

The main editorial policy of Il Foglio (meaning in Italian - "The Sheet", i.e., formed from a single sheet of paper, as used in 19th century newspapers) is a summary of the most important news of the day with comment and analysis on them. Recently the size of the paper has increased, with insert and extra pages incorporated especially on Saturday.

Politics

Anglo-American conservatism can roughly be considered its closest political position, especially the policies of the Bush administration. It strongly backed the American intervention against Taliban in 2001 and the war in Iraq in 2003. In Italy it promulgates a neo-conservative line. It features editorials inspired by American newspapers, especially the Wall Street Journal.

In the last five years Il Foglio has strongly supported the Catholic Church and especially Pope Benedict XVI on topics like bioethics and the battle against relativism. It has a pro-Israeli stance.

Il Foglio can also be considered pro-free market in Economics.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 03:29:29 PM »
Muman, are you getting in trouble again? Man, I can't leave you alone for one minute! :::D
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
Muman, are you getting in trouble again? Man, I can't leave you alone for one minute! :::D

Ephraim, my friend...

I am a bit perturbed by the perception that I am 'bashing' Christians. Whenever I post something which portrays the church in a bad light I am attacked as being anti-Christian. I am far from anti-Christian but I too will call a spade a spade when the Jewish people have been mistreated by any denomination.

I respect the beliefs of everyone, so long as those beliefs do not interfere with the mission of the Jewish nation. I also am very disturbed by missionary activity (as my recently deleted post explained). I have EVERY RIGHT to feel this way and I do not intend to hurt anyone else but I do intend on never forgetting these injustices. I believe we must discuss these issues in order to make sure they don't ever happen again.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »
Shame on the friends of Hizbullah.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 03:38:31 PM »
http://giuliomeotti.com/a-new-shoah/ 

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/252554/terrorism-s-victims-ibn-warraq# 

Giulio Meotti, who is neither an Israeli nor a Jew but a concerned and compassionate Italian journalist and author (his work has appeared in Il Foglio in Rome, the Wall Street Journal, and Commentary), has written A New Shoah, a necessary book on the “unsung dead of Israel.” As Uri Baruch, a French Jew born to Holocaust survivors who lost a daughter in a terrorist attack, said, “Just as for the victims of the Holocaust we say ‘every Jew has a name,’ so also the victims of terrorism today have names.”

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 03:40:07 PM »
http://giuliomeotti.com/a-new-shoah/ 

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/252554/terrorism-s-victims-ibn-warraq# 

Giulio Meotti, who is neither an Israeli nor a Jew but a concerned and compassionate Italian journalist and author (his work has appeared in Il Foglio in Rome, the Wall Street Journal, and Commentary), has written A New Shoah, a necessary book on the “unsung dead of Israel.” As Uri Baruch, a French Jew born to Holocaust survivors who lost a daughter in a terrorist attack, said, “Just as for the victims of the Holocaust we say ‘every Jew has a name,’ so also the victims of terrorism today have names.”

I know who Giulio Meotti is, I have re-posted several of his columns from A7 and at times some of them have been deleted by the admins because I have been accused of offending the Christians.

I also applaud what Giulio is doing by exposing the dark underbelly of the Vatican.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:15 PM »
I know who Giulio Meotti is, I have re-posted several of his columns from A7 and at times some of them have been deleted by the admins because I have been accused of offending the Christians.

I also applaud what Giulio is doing by exposing the dark underbelly of the Vatican.
True if i found out some reformed  Jews were making friends with muslim qurananimals to destroy Christians i would write about as well

Shot at 2010-01-03