Author Topic: Israel - El Al to Buy Advanced Passenger Plane in the World.  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Israel - El Al Israel Airlines Ltd. is negotiating to buy two Boeing 787 Dreamliners, considered the most advanced passenger plane in the world. Sources say that the timing of El Al’s announcement is part of the competition between the airlines to fly the first Dreamliner.

El Al had an option to buy 14 787s, but unexpectedly cancelled the order in late 2006, apparently with the idea of leasing the planes instead of buying them.
Each Dreamliner costs $150 million, and can fly non-stop from Tel Aviv to Los Angeles or Sydney. [globes]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: Israel - El Al to Buy Advanced Passenger Plane in the World.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 11:10:45 PM »
It would be nicer if this title read  " Israel - El Al to Design and Sell Most Advanced Passenger Plane in the World"

newman

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 02:36:38 AM »
It would be nicer if this title read  " Israel - El Al to Design and Sell Most Advanced Passenger Plane in the World"

They could if their aircraft industry wasn't destroyed by US aid.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 08:48:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure that El Al doesn't receive any money from the United States for passenger planes.  It's all funded by the government and El Al.  Anyways, flying from Tel Aviv straight to Los Angeles sounds great!  I always have to make a layover somewhere in Europe.  Too bad I don't ever fly El Al though, it's too expensive!
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
EL AL is the best though, security wise and service no question. I can understand why it might be more expensive.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 10:29:33 AM »
EL AL is the best though, security wise and service no question. I can understand why it might be more expensive.

Sure, there's no doubt about that.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris