Author Topic: Romnerd Never Wanted to be President : Shnap!  (Read 803 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Romnerd Never Wanted to be President : Shnap!
« on: December 24, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
This story is sad, sad, sad and yet it makes sense. The primary reason I wasted my vote, and virtually half of the country wasted their votes, was because the man who was nominated didn't 'really' want to be president to begin with.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/163510#.UNjQ2WL1T0E

Mitt Romney's Son: My Dad Never Wanted to be President

No one wanted to be president less than Mitt Romney, his son said in an interview that raises questions about Romney's candidacy.

No one wanted to be president less than Mitt Romney, his son said in an interview which came out Sunday that raises new questions about the candidacy of the losing Republican nominee.

In an interview with the Boston Globe examining what went wrong with the Romney campaign, his eldest son Tagg explains that his father had been a reluctant candidate from the start, reported AFP.

After failing to win the 2008 Republican nomination, Romney told his family he would not run again and had to be persuaded to enter the 2012 White House race by his wife Ann and son Tagg.

"He wanted to be president less than anyone I've met in my life. He had no desire... to run," Tagg Romney said. "If he could have found someone else to take his place... he would have been ecstatic to step aside."

Mitt Romney "is a very private person who loves his family deeply and wants to be with them. He loves his country, but he doesn't love the attention," his son said.

Romney, a former Massachusetts governor and multi-billionaire businessman, has been widely criticized for blaming his loss in the November 6 election on President Barack Obama's "gifts" to Latinos, women and the poor.

"What the president's campaign did was focus on certain members of his base coalition, give them extraordinary financial gifts from the government, and then work very aggressively to turn them out to vote," Romney said during a call with campaign donors in mid-November that represented his first public reaction to his election loss.

The Globe story sought to look beyond that narrative and examine what really went wrong.

It focused on the fact that Romney was unhappy that one of his most trusted advisers, Mike Murphy -- the architect of his successful 2002 run for governor of Massachusetts -- did not join the campaign.

Instead, the campaign settled on Stuart Stevens, who had worked on Romney's 2008 presidential bid.

The Globe story also highlights the decision to downplay Romney's biography in favor of going after Obama and the flagging US economy.

Campaign strategists feared that highlighting Romney's biography would open the Mormon candidate up more to personal attacks that he was wealthy, out-of-touch and belonged to a minority faith.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: Romnerd Never Wanted to be President : Shnap!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 05:16:57 PM »
If Romney didn't want to be president, then he didn't have to do any campaign. He could have retired and lived quietly in a mansion somewhere.
He could have let Santorum or another candidate accept the GOP nomination. The point I am making is that at some point, he had a choice. That was to run or not to run and he chose to go ahead and run. To say now that he didn't want to be president anyways is pretty crazy. The point started in 2008 or so. He was a potential candidate then, he was a candidate in 2012- for no other reason than he wanted to be president. Otherwise he would have retired in 2008.

It's like two kids at a play yard fighting over some candy. They both fight equally as hard for it and both really want it. But the other kid wins so the looser says "fine, go ahead. I didn't even want it in the first place".

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »
If Romney didn't want to be president, then he didn't have to do any campaign. He could have retired and lived quietly in a mansion somewhere.
He could have let Santorum or another candidate accept the GOP nomination. The point I am making is that at some point, he had a choice. That was to run or not to run and he chose to go ahead and run. To say now that he didn't want to be president anyways is pretty crazy. The point started in 2008 or so. He was a potential candidate then, he was a candidate in 2012- for no other reason than he wanted to be president. Otherwise he would have retired in 2008.

It's like two kids at a play yard fighting over some candy. They both fight equally as hard for it and both really want it. But the other kid wins so the looser says "fine, go ahead. I didn't even want it in the first place".

Good observation. I think it is a lame excuse myself...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 01:40:43 AM »
What a putz, if true.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 01:44:52 AM »
There's so much voter fraud sometimes I wonder if our votes count anyway.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 06:56:24 AM »
Personally I think the point Romney's son was trying to make is that his father ran because he thought the country needed someone with his financial background and not because of any burning personal need to be president... With the shape the country was in prior to election time anyone wanting to be a good president would really have been a reluctant candidate... I think Romney wanted to go in and try to restore some fiscal order in the economy for the good of the country... I think he saw how serious things are for the country but knew the work needed to restore order would be a daunting task... If I had his sort of money and better things to do I don't know if I would have actually put myself through a campaign like he went through... First being dragged down by his own party in the primaries and then being subjected to every distortion possible by the liberal left during the actual campaign... Once in office it would be endless battles with the liberal left in the Senate... In short a thankless job... I think Huckabee realized the political climate in the country when he decided not to run... Anyone going into the job with the idea of setting things to rights would be eaten alive by the end of their presidency... A good part of the population does not want to hear the truth of just how serious things actually are... They want a president like whats in office now that tells them just enough of the good news and very little of the bad... More over the bad news is away's due to the opposition... A good part of the American people want what they believe is coming to them and they honestly don't care where or who it's coming from... I think Romney saw all this and still tried to gain office.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:28:50 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 09:58:34 AM »
CJD that was a really excellent analysis. I think you're right. That could also be why he lost though, because he really did want to make things better and he was probably a better human being than Obama is. Maybe it's his lack of corruption relatively speaking that made his side less likely to do things like voter fraud, etc. to get their candidate ahead.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
CJD that was a really excellent analysis. I think you're right. That could also be why he lost though, because he really did want to make things better and he was probably a better human being than Obama is. Maybe it's his lack of corruption relatively speaking that made his side less likely to do things like voter fraud, etc. to get their candidate ahead.

Most people will appear like a saint in comparison to that piece of filth obama.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
Nice guys finish last in politics.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »
Most people will appear like a saint in comparison to that piece of filth obama.

True. That's why I said relatively speaking. I don't really think Romney is that great, but he's definitely better than Obama.

Offline DunEideann

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
That's disappointing. Very disappointing. :'(

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
If this is true, I'm very disappointed.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision