Author Topic: Awesome Engineering Opportunities in Israel  (Read 354 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Awesome Engineering Opportunities in Israel
« on: December 12, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »
I am a member of a LinkedIn group where job opportunities in Israel are posted. I have been considering making Aliyah for several years but there are still things which require me to remain in the states at least for another five to ten years. Meanwhile there are AWESOME opportunities such as the one I am posting below which would interest me except for the part where they indicate that the development is on the Windows Platform (BOO HISS!). I hate Windows and much prefer development on the Linux OS (which I have had the pleasure of working on for the last ten years at least)...

The job posted below seems to indicate that there may be military uses for such technology and although I have not heard of 'Perceptual Computing' it seems to me to be a very good field for research and development. The next generation of Heads Up Displays used in fighter jets and tanks may use such technology.

Here is the original posting in Hebrew, with the translation below:

Group: Search & Find a Job in Israel
Subject: לאינטל חיפה דרוש/ה מהנדס/ת Senior Software Developer
לאינטל חיפה דרוש/ה מהנדס/ת Senior Software Developer

http://intel.ly/TH18Ww

תיאור מחלקה:
קבוצת Perceptual Computing אחראית לשינוי צורת החיבור בין המשתמש למחשב.
המחלקה מפתחת מערך פתרונות טכנולוגיים המבוססים על כל החושים ובעיקר טכנולוגיות עיבוד תמונה של D2/D3 וראיה ממוחשבת מתקדמות, המאפשרות ממשק רב מימדי למחשב המהווה מהפכה בחוויית המשתמש.
המחלקה הנה אחת ממחלקות הפיתוח המתקדמות באינטל העולמית ומפתחת מערכות חומרה, תוכנה ואלגוריתמיקה מתקדמת.

תיאור התפקיד:
התפקיד כולל השתלבות בקבוצה האחראית לכלל פתרונות התוכנה (מקצה לקצה) למוצרי הראייה הממוחשבת של אינטל ובמסגרתו תיקח/י חלק בפיתוח תכנה (Middleware) לדור הבא של יכולות הראייה הממוחשבת במוצרי אינטל.
התפקיד כולל פיתוח ויישום של רכיבי תוכנה ואלגוריתמים חדשים בסביבת ווינדוס לצורך עיבוד תמונה, עיבוד וידאו, מולטימדיה ומשחקים.

דרישות התפקיד:
בוגר/ת במדעי המחשב/הנדסת תוכנה/ הנדסת מחשבים
ניסיון בפיתוח ב C++ - חובה
ניסיון ב – augmented reality – יתרון
ניסיון פיתוח בסביבת תלת מימד כמו Unity - יתרון
ניסיון ב computer vision - יתרון
ניסיון בפיתוח בסביבת Windows – יתרון
ניסיון בפיתוח ב C#, Java - יתרון
ניסיון בתחום עיבוד תמונה - יתרון
ניסיון בראייה ממוחשבת – יתרון
ידע ב – DirectShow, OpenCV,OpenGL – יתרון

למשרות נוספות ושליחת קורות חיים:

Group: Search & Find a Job in Israel
Subject: Intel Haifa Require / The Engineer / Senior Software Developer A
Intel Haifa Require / The Engineer / Senior Software Developer A

Description Department:
Perceptual Computing Group responsible for the change in shape of the connection between the user and the computer.
The Department is developing an array of technological solutions based on all the senses, especially of the image processing technologies D2/D3 and advanced computer vision, allowing multi-dimensional interface which is computer revolution user experience.
The department is one of Intel's advanced development departments worldwide and develops hardware, software and advanced algorithms.

Job description:
The position includes integration of the group responsible for all software solutions (end to end) for Intel's computer vision and which take / s part in the development of software (Middleware) for the next generation of computer vision capabilities Intel products.
The role includes the development and implementation of software components and new algorithms Windus environment for image processing, video processing, multimedia and games.

Requirements:
Graduate / A in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Computer Engineering
Development experience in C + + - mandatory
Experience on augmented reality - an advantage
Experience in developing three dimensional environment like Unity - an advantage
Experience in computer vision - an advantage
Windows development experience - an advantage
Development experience in C #, Java - advantage
Experience in image processing - advantage
Computerized visual experience - an advantage
Knowledge on DirectShow, OpenCV, OpenGL - an advantage

More jobs and sending resumes:

If anyone has the skills necessary to apply for this job I would be interested in talking with you...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14