Author Topic: 'New Years' Eve (aka Sylvester) is still NOT KOSHER!  (Read 11490 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Rabbinate: New Year's Eve Parties 'Not Kosher'
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
The Jewish new year usually falls sometime on September which is in my opinion a more natural point to separate between the years. For example, if you set your new year in September, you won't have to say "the 2012/2013 NBA/NHL/MLB champions are ...." because the gaming season (and the school year to be sure) would be synchronized with the calendar year.

lol....   I never thought of that.... not to mention the school year.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 08:48:11 PM »
I believe Muman put up another thread about New Year's Eve.  So what do you guys I merge them because they cover the same topic. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: 'New Years' Eve (aka Sylvester) is still NOT KOSHER!
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »
Their always were pogroms against Jews. Also during Jewish holidays as well (yett I celebrate them). Any excuse was good enough for Jew-haters. Like I said I don't celebrate, its just silly for me, but don't see a religious reason why to boycott them and whey restaurants would not be open (besides the immodesty which is always an issue).

There are various reasons to avoid celebrating events which coincide with foreign religions customs... As I stated in the previous posts it is apparent that some of the customs of New Years are derived from pagan sources. There is the concept of Marat Ayin, to not engage in something if there is an appearance of inpropriety, even if it is technically permissible.

I used to celebrate that day but once I realized the significance of the 'celebration' I quickly stopped... As I also posted above there are some rabbis who are permissive on the issue and state as long as there is no overt religious ritual involved then it is ok... But I still find it hard to justify...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »
I believe Muman put up another thread about New Year's Eve.  So what do you guys I merge them because they cover the same topic.

I suppose, but I did not start this thread...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 09:07:12 PM »
So I can't get drunk? I had planned to pay for my new religious Jewish friend and get a bottle at a club... is that bad??

That would not be so good in my book.... But as they say, who am I to judge? All I can do is say what I believe and have experienced. Although I admit I have had NYE parties in the past it is something I do not miss...

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »
Just a thought... Wouldn't Christians celebrating Jesus's circumcision, be better than celebrating the pagan holiday of Sylvester? Beings it would promote Jesus's Jewishness, and promote Semitism.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »
Now the two threads appear to be merged.  I hope I did it right.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 11:47:21 PM »
Nazis will always find any old excuse to attack Jews. Their religion is hating Jews and if Jews ceased to exist they would have nothing left to live for.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 11:54:43 PM »
Come to think of it, I believe its yeshus day of Brit Milah (Circumcision) which is the 8th day -according to the belief that he was born on Dec. 25th.
Yes but what about the Russians & the Greeks who celebrate Jan 6 as Yeshu's birthday?

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 11:55:23 PM »
Since Jesus wasn't born on dec 25th, it wasn't his circumcision.
Ok,true. When do you think it was?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 12:24:17 AM »
1. you're not supposed to celebrate his birthday (I Corinthians 11:23-26)

2. April 8 4bc according to these guy's math, which seems pretty legit, even though i just googled and skimmed through it.
The Stars don't line up!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »
I don't believe he was born in December either. From what I heard the holiday is actually a pagan holiday which the Christians wanted to re-use in order to convert the pagans. Dec 25th is actually the birthday of a pagan diety..

I do not post this with any intent to upset believing Christians, but the facts appear to confirm that the holiday which is celebrated today doesn't actually happen on the date it is celebrated...

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

I.     When was Jesus born?

A.     Popular myth puts his birth on December 25th in the year 1 C.E.

B.     The New Testament gives no date or year for Jesus’ birth.  The earliest gospel – St. Mark’s, written about 65 CE – begins with the baptism of an adult Jesus.  This suggests that the earliest Christians lacked interest in or knowledge of Jesus’ birthdate.

C.     The year of Jesus birth was determined by Dionysius Exiguus, a Scythian monk, “abbot of a Roman monastery.  His calculation went as follows:

a.       In the Roman, pre-Christian era, years were counted from ab urbe condita (“the founding of the City” [Rome]).  Thus 1 AUC signifies the year Rome was founded, 5 AUC signifies the 5th year of Rome’s reign, etc.

b.     Dionysius received a tradition that the Roman emperor Augustus reigned 43 years, and was followed by the emperor Tiberius.

c.       Luke 3:1,23 indicates that when Jesus turned 30 years old, it was the 15th year of Tiberius reign.

d.      If Jesus was 30 years old in Tiberius’ reign, then he lived 15 years under Augustus (placing Jesus birth in Augustus’ 28th year of reign).

e.       Augustus took power in 727 AUC.  Therefore, Dionysius put Jesus birth in 754 AUC.

f.        However, Luke 1:5 places Jesus’ birth in the days of Herod, and Herod died in 750 AUC – four years before the year in which Dionysius places Jesus birth.

D.     Joseph A. Fitzmyer – Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at the Catholic University of America, member of the Pontifical Biblical Commission, and former president of the Catholic Biblical Association – writing in the Catholic Church’s official commentary on the New Testament[1], writes about the date of Jesus’ birth, “Though the year [of Jesus birth is not reckoned with certainty, the birth did not occur in AD 1.  The Christian era, supposed to have its starting point in the year of Jesus birth, is based on a miscalculation introduced ca. 533 by Dionysius Exiguus.”

E.      The DePascha Computus, an anonymous document believed to have been written in North Africa around 243 CE, placed Jesus birth on March 28.  Clement, a bishop of Alexandria (d. ca. 215 CE), thought Jesus was born on November 18.  Based on historical records, Fitzmyer guesses that Jesus birth occurred on September 11, 3 BCE.

II.     How Did Christmas Come to Be Celebrated on December 25?

A.    Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25.  During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration.  The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.”  Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week.  At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

B.    The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time.  In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

C.    In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it.  Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians.[2]

D.    The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

E.      Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia.  As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes, “In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.”  The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

F.      The Reverend Increase Mather of Boston observed in 1687 that “the early Christians who  first observed the Nativity on December 25 did not do so thinking that Christ was born in that Month, but because the Heathens’ Saturnalia was at that time kept in Rome, and they were willing to have those Pagan Holidays metamorphosed into Christian ones.”[3]  Because of its known pagan origin, Christmas was banned by the Puritans and its observance was illegal in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681.[4]  However, Christmas was and still is celebrated by most Christians.

G.    Some of the most depraved customs of the Saturnalia carnival were intentionally revived by the Catholic Church in 1466 when Pope Paul II, for the amusement of his Roman citizens, forced Jews to race naked through the streets of the city.  An eyewitness account reports, “Before they were to run, the Jews were richly fed, so as to make the race more difficult for them and at the same time more amusing for spectators.  They ran… amid Rome’s taunting shrieks and peals of laughter, while the Holy Father stood upon a richly ornamented balcony and laughed heartily.”[5]

H.     As part of the Saturnalia carnival throughout the 18th and 19th centuries CE, rabbis of the ghetto in Rome were forced to wear clownish outfits and march through the city streets to the jeers of the crowd, pelted by a variety of missiles. When the Jewish community of Rome sent a petition in1836 to Pope Gregory XVI begging him to stop the annual Saturnalia abuse of the Jewish community, he responded, “It is not opportune to make any innovation.”[6]  On December 25, 1881, Christian leaders whipped the Polish masses into Antisemitic frenzies that led to riots across the country.  In Warsaw 12 Jews were brutally murdered, huge numbers maimed, and many Jewish women were raped.  Two million rubles worth of property was destroyed.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2012, 07:19:46 AM »
Just a thought... Wouldn't Christians celebrating Jesus's circumcision, be better than celebrating the pagan holiday of Sylvester? Beings it would promote Jesus's Jewishness, and promote Semitism.
New Years is not any religious holiday that I was ever aware of... More to the point I have never even heard of Sylvester... I am not sure about other Christian churches but the R.C.C does have a day marked on it's religious calender for the circumcision of Christ... I don't see how something like this promotes semitism however Jesus's Jewish background is and always has been a well known fact.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:46:55 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2012, 09:42:11 AM »
I don't believe he was born in December either. From what I heard the holiday is actually a pagan holiday which the Christians wanted to re-use in order to convert the pagans. Dec 25th is actually the birthday of a pagan diety..

I do not post this with any intent to upset believing Christians, but the facts appear to confirm that the holiday which is celebrated today doesn't actually happen on the date it is celebrated...

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christmas_TheRealStory.htm

I.     When was Jesus born?

A.     Popular myth puts his birth on December 25th in the year 1 C.E.

B.     The New Testament gives no date or year for Jesus’ birth.  The earliest gospel – St. Mark’s, written about 65 CE – begins with the baptism of an adult Jesus.  This suggests that the earliest Christians lacked interest in or knowledge of Jesus’ birthdate.

C.     The year of Jesus birth was determined by Dionysius Exiguus, a Scythian monk, “abbot of a Roman monastery.  His calculation went as follows:

a.       In the Roman, pre-Christian era, years were counted from ab urbe condita (“the founding of the City” [Rome]).  Thus 1 AUC signifies the year Rome was founded, 5 AUC signifies the 5th year of Rome’s reign, etc.

b.     Dionysius received a tradition that the Roman emperor Augustus reigned 43 years, and was followed by the emperor Tiberius.

c.       Luke 3:1,23 indicates that when Jesus turned 30 years old, it was the 15th year of Tiberius reign.

d.      If Jesus was 30 years old in Tiberius’ reign, then he lived 15 years under Augustus (placing Jesus birth in Augustus’ 28th year of reign).

e.       Augustus took power in 727 AUC.  Therefore, Dionysius put Jesus birth in 754 AUC.

f.        However, Luke 1:5 places Jesus’ birth in the days of Herod, and Herod died in 750 AUC – four years before the year in which Dionysius places Jesus birth.

D.     Joseph A. Fitzmyer – Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at the Catholic University of America, member of the Pontifical Biblical Commission, and former president of the Catholic Biblical Association – writing in the Catholic Church’s official commentary on the New Testament[1], writes about the date of Jesus’ birth, “Though the year [of Jesus birth is not reckoned with certainty, the birth did not occur in AD 1.  The Christian era, supposed to have its starting point in the year of Jesus birth, is based on a miscalculation introduced ca. 533 by Dionysius Exiguus.”

E.      The DePascha Computus, an anonymous document believed to have been written in North Africa around 243 CE, placed Jesus birth on March 28.  Clement, a bishop of Alexandria (d. ca. 215 CE), thought Jesus was born on November 18.  Based on historical records, Fitzmyer guesses that Jesus birth occurred on September 11, 3 BCE.

II.     How Did Christmas Come to Be Celebrated on December 25?

A.    Roman pagans first introduced the holiday of Saturnalia, a week long period of lawlessness celebrated between December 17-25.  During this period, Roman courts were closed, and Roman law dictated that no one could be punished for damaging property or injuring people during the weeklong celebration.  The festival began when Roman authorities chose “an enemy of the Roman people” to represent the “Lord of Misrule.”  Each Roman community selected a victim whom they forced to indulge in food and other physical pleasures throughout the week.  At the festival’s conclusion, December 25th, Roman authorities believed they were destroying the forces of darkness by brutally murdering this innocent man or woman.

B.    The ancient Greek writer poet and historian Lucian (in his dialogue entitled Saturnalia) describes the festival’s observance in his time.  In addition to human sacrifice, he mentions these customs: widespread intoxication; going from house to house while singing naked; rape and other sexual license; and consuming human-shaped biscuits (still produced in some English and most German bakeries during the Christmas season).

C.    In the 4th century CE, Christianity imported the Saturnalia festival hoping to take the pagan masses in with it.  Christian leaders succeeded in converting to Christianity large numbers of pagans by promising them that they could continue to celebrate the Saturnalia as Christians.[2]

D.    The problem was that there was nothing intrinsically Christian about Saturnalia. To remedy this, these Christian leaders named Saturnalia’s concluding day, December 25th, to be Jesus’ birthday.

E.      Christians had little success, however, refining the practices of Saturnalia.  As Stephen Nissenbaum, professor history at the University of Massachussetts, Amherst, writes, “In return for ensuring massive observance of the anniversary of the Savior’s birth by assigning it to this resonant date, the Church for its part tacitly agreed to allow the holiday to be celebrated more or less the way it had always been.”  The earliest Christmas holidays were celebrated by drinking, sexual indulgence, singing naked in the streets (a precursor of modern caroling), etc.

F.      The Reverend Increase Mather of Boston observed in 1687 that “the early Christians who  first observed the Nativity on December 25 did not do so thinking that Christ was born in that Month, but because the Heathens’ Saturnalia was at that time kept in Rome, and they were willing to have those Pagan Holidays metamorphosed into Christian ones.”[3]  Because of its known pagan origin, Christmas was banned by the Puritans and its observance was illegal in Massachusetts between 1659 and 1681.[4]  However, Christmas was and still is celebrated by most Christians.

G.    Some of the most depraved customs of the Saturnalia carnival were intentionally revived by the Catholic Church in 1466 when Pope Paul II, for the amusement of his Roman citizens, forced Jews to race naked through the streets of the city.  An eyewitness account reports, “Before they were to run, the Jews were richly fed, so as to make the race more difficult for them and at the same time more amusing for spectators.  They ran… amid Rome’s taunting shrieks and peals of laughter, while the Holy Father stood upon a richly ornamented balcony and laughed heartily.”[5]

H.     As part of the Saturnalia carnival throughout the 18th and 19th centuries CE, rabbis of the ghetto in Rome were forced to wear clownish outfits and march through the city streets to the jeers of the crowd, pelted by a variety of missiles. When the Jewish community of Rome sent a petition in1836 to Pope Gregory XVI begging him to stop the annual Saturnalia abuse of the Jewish community, he responded, “It is not opportune to make any innovation.”[6]  On December 25, 1881, Christian leaders whipped the Polish masses into Antisemitic frenzies that led to riots across the country.  In Warsaw 12 Jews were brutally murdered, huge numbers maimed, and many Jewish women were raped.  Two million rubles worth of property was destroyed.
All holidays, other than Jewish holidays, should be considered pagan by you.  Why do you delve so deeply into the Christian faith.  Aren't you on dangerous ground by doing that?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:34:24 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »
Yes but what about the Russians & the Greeks who celebrate Jan 6 as Yeshu's birthday?

That is why I said that according to those who believe that the 25th is his Birth date, then 8 days later- New Years would be the celebration of his brit Milah- Circumcision.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 06:59:45 PM »
I hate to say it but since the topic came up. All non-Jewish holidays are pagan in origin or made up (like the moslim holidays, Ba'hai). The early christians were very keen on converting people, that the masses that accepted the new religion brought their European pagan rituals to them.

That is why X-mas has a lot of pagan Yule colors and traditions. Yule was a European pagan holiday. Dec 25th was a Roman holiday. New Years is just the end of the Gregorian calendar year. Easter has origins in a Saxon goddess Eostre/ Ostara. All Saints Day...well that one is obvious enough.

The point is that the early church made the doctrine and what holidays would be celebrated and when. Many of the holidays corresponding to the dates and rituals of the new converts who combined the new holidays with their old pagan customs. 

It's not that Muman delves deeply into all these things. It's just that he is informed. And it's better to be informed.

This is a picture of a Yule tree...look familiar?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:10:39 PM by IsraeliHeart »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
I agree, Muman was not trying to start anything. He was merely trying to help locust killing pagan and I out, in our discussion.

He even told the Christians, Happy Holidays! He's only speaking the facts of his own religion, in a Jewish section of the forum.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
I'm not suggesting Muman was starting anything.  I asked a serious question.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »
Oy vey, we are a fighting bunch, aren't we?

I just wanted to say that Jews should know the history of these holidays and consider whether it is kosher according to their understanding. A big part of Jewish culture is the Jewish memory, the remembrance of events which occurred to our people throughout history. We remember the destruction of the first and second Temples, we remember the oppression at the hands of the Persians, Greeks, and Romans. We celebrate the victories over those who tried to destroy us. If we really want to keep the faith of Judaism we need to try to 'de-hellenize' and observe more Jewish holidays and less secular/gentile holidays.

This year I wished several Christians Happy Holidays because they were nice and deserved it. I don't want to try to force them to believe anything which they don't want to believe. But for Jews I feel a responsibility to discuss these issues.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »

How the hell did you come up with that. There is noting pagan about me. We weren't even having a discussion, you and I. It would be short lived anyways, as I wouldn't know quite as much as you about which wrestler would win the NASCAR.
Calm down, beaver beater, I was only playing. I'm so stupid... How did Muman know the exact date I was talking about? Because the stars were supposedly in a certain position when Jesus was born, which could have only been in August or September.

Oh yeah, Stone Cold Steve Austin won the Daytona 500!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »
Santa Claus has the same roots as Nazism.

http://irminfolk.com/is-santa-clause-odin

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2012, 02:15:25 AM »
Listen folks. I did not start this thread as a catch-all thread for exposing the pagan roots of some of Christian holidays. I respect that JTF, especially the English forum, attracts non-Jewish English speakers from around the world. I do not want to suggest that we appear to hate their religion (which we would have reason to do given the history) but rather that we want Jews who are born Jewish to know that a Jew should have no part in the observation of such holidays. Today I watched a video about the connection between the Persian diety known as mithra and it was very interesting..

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2012, 02:16:27 AM »
The Haredim in Israel called New Year's Eve "Sylvester" to discourage Israelis from celebrating it but it backfired. Now they not only celebrate it but do so while rather than call it the secular/civil new year (Rosh Hashana Izrachi), they do so while invoking the name Sylvester. They call in Hebrew "HaSilvester" which means The Silvester. They don't even know what it means.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:10:48 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2012, 02:22:22 AM »
Listen folks. I did not start this thread as a catch-all thread for exposing the pagan roots of some of Christian holidays. I respect that JTF, especially the English forum, attracts non-Jewish English speakers from around the world. I do not want to suggest that we appear to hate their religion (which we would have reason to do given the history) but rather that we want Jews who are born Jewish to know that a Jew should have no part in the observation of such holidays. Today I watched a video about the connection between the Persian diety known as mithra and it was very interesting..

I actually saw a little bit of a documentary on PBS today that mentioned that (Mithra). It was talking about Bar Kochva and Xtians not accepting him as Mashiach because of Yeshu and how Judaism and Xtianity further diverged and how Romans had Xtians killed in gladiator fights by animals in The Colliseum. And it started to say how they eventually added pagan things into Xtianity to attract pagans to convert. Even many Xtians know the truth and don't celebrate X-mas. It was banned from New England by the Puritans who celebrated Thanksgiving and they would be appauled how the commercial industry now makes Thanksgiving as the start of the X-mas shopping season.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 02:25:52 AM »
This short video explains a little about the myth of mithra and its similarities to the Christian messiah...