Author Topic: <removed useless post>  (Read 529 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
<removed useless post>
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:10:30 PM »
<removed useless post>
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:28:55 PM by 112 »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: Free Jon, Boycott Mexico
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 08:37:28 PM »
He was released like a week or two ago. Poor guy, why did he have to take a gun on vacation, even with paperwork- why not just leave it home :(
Still, no excuse for what happened to him.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »
He was released like a week or two ago. Poor guy, why did he have to take a gun on vacation, even with paperwork- why not just leave it home :(
Still, no excuse for what happened to him.

I guess he wanted to protect himself from the drug cartels that are known to troll the border area.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 09:55:43 AM »
His problem started when he first thought about traveling to Mexico.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
He was just going to pass through it. I think he was visiting some country in Central America or returning from central America. Rather than take an airplane he and his friend decided to pass through.

I feel bad for him, but why try to take in a weapon in the first place? He took out the proper paperwork and the weapon was pulled apart. The problem was that the barrel was a few centimeters too short other than what was written about in the paperwork or the allowed in Mexican law. It was a stupid technicality and pure IDIOCY on Mexico's part. They very well could have told him at the border  before he crossed that the weapon was not allowed to enter the country. That would have been the best way to deal with it, rather than put him in prison since August.

I don't agree that he should have traveled with a weapon at all, to ANY country. There was no reason for him to do it, other than he had PTSD and the weapon (being his grandfather's heirloom) brought him comfort.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
The news report that Jon and his friend were going surfing and camping in Costa Rica or some other Central American country. But in order to get to Central America or come back to the US- one must go through Mexico fist. And he tried his best to comply with the laws but that was not good enough for them. I still say they could have just turned him away at the border and told him he was not allowed to enter, rather than throw him in jail. I presume they felt he would bring more money if he would be imprisoned. Bribes, possible bail, money for release. And also to stick it to the "gringo". I can't think of any other reason why the Mexican agents would not have just simply turned him away.

Other than that, I wonder what would happen if we get an Ahmed who tried to cross the border under a similar situation...?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
How safe is travel in Mexico and South America?
Better to surf and camp in America.   That is just my opinion.
You travel to those countries you are at the mercy of their 'laws'.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.