Author Topic: Questions about political parties.  (Read 814 times)

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Questions about political parties.
« on: January 21, 2013, 02:20:03 PM »
I would like to inquire more about Israel's political parties.   I know of Knesset, Kadima, and Lakud parties.  We were invited to a Jewish synagogue to hear about the ruling parties in Israel, and there are so many it gets a bit confusing.   To be more astute as to what party represents Conservative, Liberal, or Moderate values, should we check political parties/Israel...does JTF have a better suggestion?   I know Mr. Netanyahu is with the Lakud party and does not represent Conservative jews or jews that are being pushed out of their homes and their land...So who does JTF and their members think would be a better Prime Minister for the people than Netanyahu, or Avigdor Lieberman....We need to understand who these parties represent to best support JTF and the Jews who are being treated unfairly..

Thank you.  Debbie Shafer

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Questions about political parties.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:02:55 PM »
To make a long story short they are all phonies, frauds, backstabbers, or self-haters. The only decent party right now is that of Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak. Moshe Feiglin in the Likud is okay, but most of Likud is not.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »
I think that's one reason I don't pay a whole lot of attention to individual Israeli politicians, etc. because pretty much they're all bad, unless one stands up who is in power and says something different. That's why I don't really keep up with the details of Israeli politics beyond some major news stories that are posted on this forum.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 05:08:26 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that it's all about the money when it comes to the political system as it now stands over in Israel... Without backing it really is impossible to get much accomplished... I have a feeling that's why many politicians start off with the best of intentions but then fall into the same rut as their predecessors.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:59:21 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that it's all about the money when it comes to the political system as it now stands over in Israel... Without backing it really is impossible to get much accomplished... I have a feeling that's why many politicians start off with the best of intentions but then fall into the same rut as their predecessors.

I think you pretty much described every political system on the planet.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:31:54 AM »
I think you pretty much described every political system on the planet.
True to some extent however here in the United States it seems like it is still possible to get some unknown people with moderate resources elected as congress people and the like... Sadly as many work their way up they do have a tendency to fall under the influence of lobbyist and influence peddlers... I forget just who it was that told me it on the old Kahane forum but we once had a discussion where he claimed that unless someone had resources that went into the millions it was almost pointless to run for high office in the state of Israel.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years