Author Topic: Israeli election results  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Israeli election results
« on: January 22, 2013, 02:48:54 PM »
Someone who knows what's going on, post the results when the election is complete... thanks.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Re: Israeli election results
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »
Feiglin looked so out of place with his kippa breathing down Pipi's neck on the podium tonight....it was wonderful!

Pipi, Saar, Regev, Rivlin, Yvette, Gamliel and the all other chilonim will be sooooo physically ill having Feiglin hanging around them on the Knesset floor that they will very soon have to find a way to have him ousted from the Likud party!

And the prospect of having to bring the equally bekippad Bennett in to a coalition and giving him a prize ministry could actually stress Netanyahu to have a nervous breakdown so much that he would rather make a coalition with the Meretz Witch Gal-On!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:40:46 PM by Yerusha »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
A7 has the live results on its main page top story updated every 10 minutes.  They have lapid ahead of jewish home and shas!  If u combine labor and lapid's party they have more votes than likud!

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »
The likely scenario is Bibi+Lapid+Bennett alone having enough seats to do without Shas & the Haredim.

The question is can Lapid & Bennett reconcile their differences over a PLO state? The main thing they have in common is their mutual obsession to draft the Haredim & not to have to kowtow to Haredi financial blackmail.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »
im not sure what to think of the results. may turn out to be really dangerous, but something good may still come out of it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:03:07 AM »
I think lapid is very dangerous.   He will be in whatever coalition is formed.  While I do believe there need to be some changes in haredi society for it to become economically sustainable and with less impoverished suffering and more self empowerment, I do not trust the antireligious lapid family.  He does not have a goal to help haredi society but to punish them and assimilate them.  It will be bad for zjudaism as a whole if the shinui sequel succeeds in its goals.   And I also think lapid is extremely dangerous in joining with bibi to create a fakestinian state.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:42:59 AM »
I have calculated the seats. 50 percent of the Israeli citizens voted for leftists parties althrough Yesh Atid, the biggest one in the left spectrum I am not shure of.

The difference to other countries is, that one third of the bourgeois fraction is religiously orientated. This is special. I don't think that you find this in any other country.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:47:30 AM »
I think lapid is very dangerous.   He will be in whatever coalition is formed.  While I do believe there need to be some changes in haredi society for it to become economically sustainable and with less impoverished suffering and more self empowerment, I do not trust the antireligious lapid family.  He does not have a goal to help haredi society but to punish them and assimilate them.  It will be bad for zjudaism as a whole if the shinui sequel succeeds in its goals.   And I also think lapid is extremely dangerous in joining with bibi to create a fakestinian state.
Is Lapid the same as Mafdal?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 02:49:40 AM »

no i believe it is Yesh Atid...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 02:53:59 AM »
Gotta hand it to Bennet, he sure sounds like a good proud Jew... I just hope he can follow through (and yes I am aware how much we think he will fail)...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/164476#.UP-WzCaRz0E

“My brothers and sisters, today we have established a new home in Israel,” Bennett declared. “Israel is coming back to itself. The Jewish Home is the new home for everyone, of all the people of Israel, of Israel who believes in its strength.”

He added, “Today we set up a new home that knows how to protect its residents not only with concrete, but with martial prowess and power. Our enemies will know that you do not mess with Israel.”

Bennett declared that, "There is one truth - the land of Israel belongs to the people of Israel." He noted that his party is “a home for proud Zionists. A new home that will not be held captive by interest groups, but will fight for lowering the cost of living for the people of Israel. In this home we will act for equal opportunities for all the people of Israel.”

Earlier on Tuesday evening, as he left his home towards his party’s headquarters, Bennett said, “Something new is beginning. Religious Zionism is back on center stage.”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 08:20:44 AM »

No. Lapid is Yesh Atid.   His father was the head of Shinui, a virulently anti-religious party.   Lapid is a celebrity (due to his father) and talk show host for many years who suddenly decided to enter politics to fill the vacuum on the left.   

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 09:22:36 AM »
It's going to be a basket case Knesset. There is a 60 - 60 tie between the right + haredim vs the left + arabs. It means most likely bibi would be a prime minister of a left wing government. Of course a few defectors from one block to the other might mean a change of governments.

This is really bad news for Israel because this Knesset has a majority in favor of a Palestinian state on the entire Judea and Samaria.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
Thanks to the soldiers votes it looks like Bennett will be getting a 12th seat, a Sefardess!
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/164506

That extra seat could be critical in the coming trading.

Meanwhile, apparently Netanyahu's wife's screams can literally be heard as she tries to foce her husband not to let his former advisor Ayalet Shaked in to the coalition!

This lack of domestic bliss could yet cause Pipi to have a nervous breakdown or resign from politics. For the sin of his dismantling of Migron I have always maintained that he will not be the next Israeli PM!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:33:10 PM by Yerusha »

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 05:05:34 AM »
Notice how Pipi has been on the phone with the Shas & the Haredim, but not yet Bennett: his wife Sarah won't let him: her aversion to Bennett & Shaked goes that deep!
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/164524

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 05:19:44 AM »
If the 2 Kadimah members liquidated their party and returned to Likud, Likud and the religious parties would have 62. Mofaz was originally in Likud.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 05:39:47 AM »
Mofaz was born in Tehran.

Like Peres, he is an inveterate schemer, turncoat & back-stabber. He also strongly supports "land for peace". He is none too smart, a depressive, but very cunning.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »
A lapid-shas coallition will never happen...

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 10:08:47 AM »
We were informed there was a high voter turnout for 2013 election.  At least 66% of eligible Israeli voters turned out...Wish it were that good in America....If christians had voted in bigger numbers for Romney...we would have said adios to Hussein.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
First off..all of the political parties that have been elected are left wing. Some are real left and some are fake right.
o
Secondly, no matter what the coalition is this time around, it's still going to stink big time...We just hope that the government that forms will have so many disagreements that they break apart and never vote for giving land up to our enemies.

Thirdly, the biggest thing we can expect and hope for is that the debate changes in Israel....that is the debate changes towards the legitimization of Kahanist ideology...meaning a Torah state, meaning a state which doesn't expel Jews, but expels Arabs, meaning a state that defends itself by action and not just by talk or cowering to the rest of the world whether it is the United States, Europe, Russia, or China.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 03:56:22 PM »
No. Lapid is Yesh Atid.   His father was the head of Shinui, a virulently anti-religious party.   Lapid is a celebrity (due to his father) and talk show host for many years who suddenly decided to enter politics to fill the vacuum on the left.
Oh my bad... Yair Lapig. It is sometimes hard for me to keep all of these evil chazirs straight.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »

Good explanation for the un-informed...